21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 89

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by Deleted User 89 »

hasbeen wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:36 pm This is rare for me but I feel much more optimistic about next year than the rest of the fanbase, if this board/twitter is any indication.
i’m with you
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:40 pm
hasbeen wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:36 pm This is rare for me but I feel much more optimistic about next year than the rest of the fanbase, if this board/twitter is any indication.
i’m with you
Oh, I love the direction this team is going. Self definitely has guards that can score and distribute. Has some good stretch 4s coming in. Just don't think Bishop is needed, like at all.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

By the first tip of the Champions Classic, I will have convinced myself that we should be the favorite to win it all.

Just like every other season.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

sdoyel wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:30 pm Bishop scored 5 fewer baskets than McCormack this season.
Where are you getting this number? I'm seeing 12 less makes and 47 less points in 3 more games.

As far as ORtg, that speaks more to how bad Kansas' offense was last year and not how good he is offensively. Creighton had 4 guys in their rotation who would have the highest ORtg on Kansas last year.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

He has a really good per 40 rating. Cool. If he played close to that. But he doesn't, for some reason. And he's not a good fit for this roster at this time.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:45 pm
i’m with you
Oh, I love the direction this team is going. Self definitely has guards that can score and distribute. Has some good stretch 4s coming in. Just don't think Bishop is needed, like at all.
This. I'm not seeing a bunch of negative comments about the team next year, just a few people not seeing the point of adding an undersized 5 with no offensive game outside of catching alley oops. If that's what you're looking for I'll ride with Adams and Curry.
punkrockhawk

Post by punkrockhawk »

I haven't seen anything saying that Bishop is coming to Kansas. Maybe I missed it somewhere though.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

punkrockhawk wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:07 pm I haven't seen anything saying that Bishop is coming to Kansas. Maybe I missed it somewhere though.
Tons assuming it is a done deal.

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

i’m with you
Plus, the best thing about it is that it's not this years team
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:19 pm
i’m with you
right

and i think that’s really the thing, that the bar was lowered quite a bit by this year’s team
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Not sure about the rest of you, but Newton is really making me want Bishop to be a Jayhawk that much more.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:29 pm
i’m with you
right

and i think that’s really the thing, that the bar was lowered quite a bit by this year’s team
But that's what makes absolutely no sense.

As it stands, next year's team is just this year's team except we're trading Marcus Garrett for a Missouri Valley guard that is also not a true point guard.

The other moves were the 4 guys that got the least amount of minutes of any scholarship player.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:31 pm

right

As it stands, next year's team is just this year's team except we're trading Marcus Garrett for a Missouri Valley guard that is also not a true point guard.

The other moves were the 4 guys that got the least amount of minutes of any scholarship player.
Was just gonna post that.

The roster is vastly different. The starting lineup and minutes are almost the same.

And loosing Och would be a pretty big loss.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

right

i guess we just differ in the level of contribution we think is possible from the transfers

chemistry, even with the same core 4 guys, ought to be drastically different

much has been made about Och’s numbers improving with a better point guard...does that not hold true for everyone else, and the team as a whole?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:34 pm
right

i guess we just differ in the level of contribution we think is possible from the transfers

much has been made about Och’s numbers improving with a better point guard...does that not hold true for everyone else, and the team as a whole?
Yes, but that's an IF not a guarantee.

And chemistry could go either way. And we take a step back in terms of familiarity.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:34 pm
right

I certainly hope so, but we have no idea if we have a better point guard.

The truth, IMO, is that the 2021 team isn't as awful as we make it out to be and the 2022 team's potential is just a little bit better than that.

I think both teams have enough where they can get a lucky matchup and some breaks and compete for a Final Four (see February 2021/Baylor). The 2021 team had about the worst luck possible. My prediction is the 2022 team looks about like the 1st or 2nd best team in the Big 12 (where 2021 finished) and either gets some lucky breaks or gets exposed by more talented more athletic teams.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

My optimism is that I think next season will see a return to combo guards capable of getting their own shot + for others. I don't see this as "last year's team except we traded Marcus for a transfer" -- I see it as there's some shuffling of the roster construction that is better suited for the game today.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong and we're about to trot out a transfer PG, CB, JW, Bishop, and DM. And if so, yikes.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

InfiniteJ wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:31 pm Not sure about the rest of you, but Newton is really making me want Bishop to be a Jayhawk that much more.
;)

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

hasbeen wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:43 pmMy optimism is that I think next season will see a return to combo guards capable of getting their own shot + for others. I don't see this as "last year's team except we traded Marcus for a transfer" -- I see it as there's some shuffling of the roster construction that is better suited for the game today.
I think we see the same thing, just calling it different things: half glass vs. half full.

A lot is riding on Drake, and there's a lot to like about his game--we'll just see how well it translates to the new level.

And, even through possibly the roughest stretch of Bill Self Kansas basketball, this group managed to put together a 3 seed resume, finish 2nd above a team full of NBA talent in Shaka's Longhorns, and beat the best team in college basketball.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I'm really excited about our incoming players, just not so much for next season. With the exception of Martin, I think the transfers and incoming freshmen will have a much bigger impact in 2023 than 2022.