Royals

Other Sports.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Royals

Post by Sparko »

Not keeping the ball in front of them. Swinging like idiots. Pissed at the manager tonight. The Royals act too Goddamned comfortable playing like dogshit. Need a Mark Mangino moment right away.
Deleted User 865

Post by Deleted User 865 »

First night game I believe for the Roys. I wonder if they are having issues tracking the ball. Just a weird game all around. 3 unearned runs, the one run the Angels did get was on a double play. Lot of weird handling and bobbles. Ran into a ball out of the batter's box.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:41 pm Not keeping the ball in front of them. Swinging like idiots. Pissed at the manager tonight. The Royals act too Goddamned comfortable playing like dogshit. Need a Mark Mangino moment right away.
1/162. They’re 4-4 and their supposed good guys haven’t been good (and one of them hasn’t played, and another one has barely played).
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I was pretty upset at Lopez. Two pedestrian plays booted cost the Royals four runs. I think Witt needs to be playing. It is early, but 2007 does not need a reboot.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:14 am I was pretty upset at Lopez. Two pedestrian plays booted cost the Royals four runs. I think Witt needs to be playing. It is early, but 2007 does not need a reboot.
I think what we're running into was we were hoping this was 2013, but it's probably 2012.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I am not sure the Royals would be 2012 unless some fire is injected. No sense waiting on Witt either if the replacement value is Nicky.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Sparko wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:37 pm I am not sure the Royals would be 2012 unless some fire is injected. No sense waiting on Witt either if the replacement value is Nicky.
Expect Witt by like June. Or whenever the service time cutoff is or whatever.

Don't forget about Mondesi too. The best player in MLB the last month of the season. And it wasn't close.

Should be back within a few weeks.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 865

jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:44 am
Sparko wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:14 am I was pretty upset at Lopez. Two pedestrian plays booted cost the Royals four runs. I think Witt needs to be playing. It is early, but 2007 does not need a reboot.
I think what we're running into was we were hoping this was 2013, but it's probably 2012.
I think we are about a 4-6 weeks away from knowing if we are in 2012, 2013 or 2014. I think anyone normal fan on any team takes 4-4 after 8, especially the way our SP has been.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

vega wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:58 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:44 am
I think we are about a 4-6 weeks away from knowing if we are in 2012, 2013 or 2014. I think anyone normal fan on any team takes 4-4 after 8, especially the way our SP has been.
Kind of wild that Duffy has the only really good start this year outside of that spot start by Junis that was wasted.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Deleted User 865

We've played behind in every game except the Duff start. I think what's really encouraging is our offense has responded, mostly, in a lot of games (even last night's game, the offense gave themselves a chance before shit fell apart in the seventh). That won't last, and we need more people to step up (looking at you Keller and Singer) from our rotation.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Singer been very disappointing to start the year.

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Singer and Junis may need to swap. I am anxious to get Mondesi and Dozier back. Last night, save for Salvy was bad baseball.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Junis is the 5th starter. Dozier back tonight.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:19 pm Singer and Junis may need to swap. I am anxious to get Mondesi and Dozier back. Last night, save for Salvy was bad baseball.
Nah. Unless something is physically wrong with him, you've got to keep giving Singer the ball.
Deleted User 865

Singer is a starter, Junis is not, at least right now. You got to keep putting Singer on the bump as long as he's healthy, especially early on. If Royals are in contention in July, you go get another arm, or maybe try to piecemeal every fifth day with a platoon system, but you need Singer and Keller to eat innings, keep the bullpen fresh, and learn to throw baseballs to major league hitters.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Yeah, Singer and Keller throwing BP up to this point, and the bats missing in the lineup and bats missing baseballs on the diamond, the record isn't too bad right now.
Deleted User 865

Duffman playing for another contract. Hell of a first two starts
Deleted User 865

Lol, Holly loads the bases in a one run game, gets ahead 0-2, bounces one off the plate, hits Salvy, hits the Angels’ batter in the balls to bounce back, then Salvy throws out the runner on third that didn’t see where the ball went. Just like we drew it up.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Salvy. Man is solid. Scared the crap out of all of us tonight. We need some bats again though.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Have to feel really fortunate to win a game where your 4 through 9 hitters go 0-15 with 1 walk.

Thanks Duffy and Salvy.