Another mass shooting

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:26 am this shit is wearing on me

seems every week now there is another one
45 mass shootings (a shooting incident that results in four or more casualties (dead or wounded), excluding the shooter or shooters) in the last MONTH.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/16/us/m ... index.html
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jfc...didn’t realize there were that many
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:54 am jfc...didn’t realize there were that many
It's always waaaaay more than you realize.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

What if, instead of banning guns, we just pass a bill that bans pussies? That would achieve the same result without directly implicating the 2nd amendment.
Ain't no seats
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Just pass a law that every gun owner must sign something that says, “I know and acknowledge that owning, possessing, shooting, or otherwise nerding out about my gun will in no way shape or form increase the size of my penis.”
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

It's possible this stuff is already in place, but if I were in charge I would:

1. outlaw those crazy guns that shoot like a million rounds per second.
2. Require a background check to purchase a gun/firearm of any kind.
3. Require a license to own a gun/firearm of any kind.
4. Your gun/firearm must be registered.
5. If you are arrested for committing a crime and are in the possession of a gun/firearm, the gun possession automatically tacks on something like 5-10 years to your sentence. No questions asked.
dolomite2

Post by dolomite2 »

Anyone else notice that when someone is killed they most always state the race unless the victim is white? Don’t we whites matter anymore? We chopped liver?

So many of the killings by police could be prevented if only there was compliance, e.g.
not running, driving away, resisting etc...etc.
Such a simple solution to a complex problem.
dolomite2

Post by dolomite2 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:56 pm It's possible this stuff is already in place, but if I were in charge I would:

5. If you are arrested for committing a crime and are in the possession of a gun/firearm, the gun possession automatically tacks on something like 5-10 years to your sentence. No questions asked.
Good luck for this to happen. How many guns are in this country?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well, police disproportionately kill people of color.

And Adam Toledo was trying to comply! Hands up don’t shoot!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:56 pm It's possible this stuff is already in place, but if I were in charge I would:

Know how I know you’re a radical lib?
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

dolomite2 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:59 pm So many of the killings by police could be prevented if only there was compliance, e.g.
Or better yet: we should just treat guns exactly as we treat tasers ("taser! taser! taser!")-- i.e., police do not receive authority to carry a gun until they are first shot by one themselves ("gun! gun! gun!")...
Ain't no seats
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

dolomite2 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:59 pm Anyone else notice that when someone is killed they most always state the race unless the victim is white? Don’t we whites matter anymore? We chopped liver?

So many of the killings by police could be prevented if only there was compliance, e.g.
Isn't it ironic that the people who say "you should just ignore your rights and do what the authorities tell you for your own good" when it comes to police shootings are the same people that say "I have rights, I am not going to just do what the authorities tell me to do for my own good" when it comes to covid/masks/vaccines?

When it's other people's rights being violated, they have no empathy for the situation but if someone violates THEIR rights then that's another story altogether. Fucking selfish assholes.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:45 pm Just pass a law that every gun owner must sign something that says, “I know and acknowledge that owning, possessing, shooting, or otherwise nerding out about my gun will in no way shape or form increase the size of my penis.”
Liability insurance, for each gun, paid for at the point of sale, with yearly registration and proof of insurance would definitely put a damper on the nationwide insane compulsion to purchase them. I mean, we all have to have liability insurance on our cars and they're not even made for killing.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

^^^ will drastically increase the number of unregistered guns on the market which are the most likely to be used for criminal activity.
Just Ledoux it
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I've read numerous articles that discuss mandating insurance for firearms and all agree that the impact on violent crime would be modest. At this juncture, I'll take modest.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

dolomite2 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:59 pm
Do you assume that you could stifle your fight or flight instincts if you were subject to/witnessed/learned a few hundred yours of your specific race being beaten/humiliated/murdered by the very same person who is demanding your compliance while waving a deadly weapon in your face?

Be honest with your answer.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

We have liability on our cars because qe use them on a daily basis. Guns, for 99% of owners are used a few times a year at most or, more likely never. The people we are concerned about sre going to not pay for any insurance or upkeep it. All that does is create paperworl, false sense of progress, and make criminals out of ordinary people. More money to a government that neither party can seem to figire out how to spend it in a way that actually helps Americans.

I don't like Republicans, i dont like democrats. Both sides pushing for removal of freedoms and more government control (in different ways)
and both sides followers blindly cheering it on. Its not what this country was founded on nor is it the way forward.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wouldn’t insurance in all likelihood be administered by free market private companies, rather than the gummint?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I thought you hated insurance and wanted the govt to cover it all anyway?
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It’s funny - I edited that post for brevity, cuz it originally ended with, “and we all know the free market can do no wrong”