Re: Totally random thread

Post by TDub »

Chicken Nuggets...
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TDub wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:08 pm Chicken Nuggets...
Nope
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Man so Sharky’s breakfast burritos have been keeping me going for years.

$5 for a big burrito filled with eggs and cheese and potatoes and green chili, delish. For an extra buck you can get a cup of shitty diner drip coffee, all hot and ready, grab and go.

But this morning they randomly tell me, we “had” to raise prices, breakfast burritos are now $7 apiece, and the shitty coffee is an extra $3. Ho-lee-shit. This might be the thing that makes me ultimately wanna leave this area.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

this is the same lady who bought the crooked creek, and did away with the $2 all day peeber pints

I haven’t hung out there since the covid shit hit the fan, but even once I’m vaccinated and shit, I dunno how motivated I’ll be to go burn through $6 craft beers
Last edited by ousdahl on Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:44 am Man so Sharky’s breakfast burritos have been keeping me going for years.

$5 for a big burrito filled with eggs and cheese and potatoes and green chili, delish. For an extra buck you can get a cup of shitty diner drip coffee, all hot and ready, grab and go.

But this morning they randomly tell me, we “had” to raise prices, breakfast burritos are now $7 apiece, and the shitty coffee is an extra $3. Ho-lee-shit. This might be the thing that makes me ultimately wanna leave this area.
Someone will come along and tell you this is related to the increase of minimum wage 🤷🏻‍♂️
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I just hope minimum wage went up as quickly as the price of drip coffee
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

history-making baby born with 3 penises

triphallia

https://thehill.com/changing-america/we ... ee-penises
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so at what point does a burp decide to be a fart instead?
Deleted User 89

excuse me, excuse me, from the bottom of my heart...if it woulda come out the other end it woulda been a fart
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Deleted User 89

fascinating...

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2021 ... ow-to-make

I In late 18th-Century Europe, a new fashion led to an international scandal. In fact, an entire social class was accused of appearing in public naked.

The culprit was Dhaka muslin, a precious fabric imported from the city of the same name in what is now Bangladesh, then in Bengal. It was not like the muslin of today. Made via an elaborate, 16-step process with a rare cotton that only grew along the banks of the holy Meghna river, the cloth was considered one of the great treasures of the age. It had a truly global patronage, stretching back thousands of years – deemed worthy of clothing statues of goddesses in ancient Greece, countless emperors from distant lands, and generations of local Mughal royalty.

There were many different types, but the finest were honoured with evocative names conjured up by imperial poets, such as "baft-hawa", literally "woven air". These high-end muslins were said to be as light and soft as the wind. According to one traveller, they were so fluid you could pull a bolt – a length of 300ft, or 91m – through the centre of a ring. Another wrote that you could fit a piece of 60ft, or 18m, into a pocket snuff box.

Dhaka muslin was also more than a little transparent.

While traditionally, these premium fabrics were used to make saris and jamas – tunic-like garments worn by men – in the UK they transformed the style of the aristocracy, extinguishing the highly structured dresses of the Georgian era. Five-foot horizontal waistlines that could barely fit through doorways were out, and delicate, straight-up-and-down "chemise gowns" were in. Not only were these endowed with a racy gauzy quality, they were in the style of what was previously considered underwear...
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Legend has it that the kings cut off the thumb of the best muslin weavers so that they wouldn’t reproduce the best muslins!
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

whoa!

But it was really only about a wild 35 seconds. They really need to wash their car.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Where the hell did the bobcat come from? Was it under the car?! I have so many questions!

*edit

At the beginning of the video in the top left corner you can see it run across the street. Guessing it was trying to attack whatever she had in the pet cage.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I love how he just chucks it.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Bourdain's No Reservations: If you see a pig in the opening segment, it's not going to end well for the pig.
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Soo a Mars rover just successfully converted co2 into oxygen...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

So the local public radio is doing one of their member drives.

This time tho, instead of a tote bag or whatever, they’re randomly offering a subscription to Babbel instead, the language learning software.

That’s like, win win, right?