Tyty Washington

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: Tyty Washington

Post by Deleted User 863 »

So if he purposely "distanced himself from it" then he knew what was going on imo...which is that his recruits were being influenced and/or receiving some form of improper benefit to go to Kansas/an adidas school.

Just becuase he didn't ask "how much did we give them" doesn't mean he didn't know what was going on. He did. Thats why Gasnolla was sitting at his table for his HOF induction.

Turning a blind eye on purpose means you know exactly what's going on.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't think you know what the word exactly means.
Deleted User 863

"Do what you can do to get me these players and I'll turn a blind eye" is cheating according to the rules. If amateurish-ism is important to you then that is almost the same as handing them the adidas money himself.

(Whether or not i agree with the rules is not important)
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:15 am I don't have a case against us, or care...
:lol:
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:15 am I don't have a case against us, or care...i just think it's funny now we are whining everyone else is giving recruits "the baggggg" becuase now we don't have a bag guy helping our coaches so we aren't getting any BIG name guys the last few years.

Also, Bill Self and our coaches knew exactly what was going on with Gasnolla and we all know it....doesn't mean we could prove it in court, but it's not the point for purposes of this discussion.

No reason to play pretend defense attorney on a messageboard. It's okay to be honest here about what happened.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:29 am I don't think you know what the word exactly means.
Gotcha. So the line that must be crossed is knowing the dollar amount. Got it. As long as Self doesn't know the exact amounts then it's all good and everyone is still amateur and loves Kansas and basketball for the right reasons. LOL
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

You see illy, the industrial revolution is like the puppy who lost his way.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Lord.
Deleted User 863

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:30 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:15 am I don't have a case against us, or care...
Did you forget that i am totally fine with Adidas paying players?

I think the college rules are stupid.

I just get a long eye roll when now our fans are starting to complain about how everyone else is dirty with "the baaggggg" and that's why we can't get top 15 recruits....
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Man, it’s been a while since we’ve had an illy meltdown .

Grab the popcorn
Deleted User 863

Haha...no meltdown. Snowing here so no golf today. I will find something to do here soon.
Deleted User 89

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:33 am
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:30 am
Did you forget that i am totally fine with Adidas paying players?

I think the college rules are stupid.

I just get a long eye roll when now our fans are starting to complain about how everyone else is dirty with "the baaggggg" and that's why we can't get top 15 recruits....
nobody posts as much negative about this issue and KU except gutter

don’t pretend like you don’t care
Deleted User 863

I do not care that Self knew (purposely turning a blind eye is still knowing) some of our players were recieving money from Adidas to play basketball at KU.

Just because i disagree with you and am not going to stick my head in the sand about how college basketball recruiting works doesn't mean i am being negative about Kansas.
Deleted User 89

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:43 am I do not care that Self knew (purposely turning a blind eye is still knowing) some of our players were recieving money from Adidas to play basketball at KU.

Just because i disagree with you and am not going to stick my head in the sand about how college basketball recruiting works doesn't mean i am being negative about Kansas.
it’s not about disagreeing
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"Hey boss, we're out of truffle oil for our most popular dish."
"We have to keep the dish on the menu - do what you can to make it work tonight."

Next day, it's discovered they used olive oil.

Illy interviews the boss of the restaurant.
"I didn't know what exactly happened, I just told them to fix it."
"You know EXACTLY what happened, we all know it."
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:53 am "Hey boss, we're out of truffle oil for our most popular dish."
"We have to keep the dish on the menu - do what you can to make it work tonight."

Next day, it's discovered they used olive oil.

Illy interviews the boss of the restaurant.
"I didn't know what exactly happened, I just told them to fix it."
"You know EXACTLY what happened, we all know it."
Big miss on that analogy.

But what you're essentially saying Self was doing (knowing Gasnolla exists to steer recruits to adidas schools by providing improper benefits, but turning a "blind eye" and not asking about specific benefits/dollar amounts provided) is basically the definition of lack of institutional control fwiw. 🤔
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yes, I never argued that he wasn't:

"I personally believe Self knew some of what was going on but distanced himself generally from it.
Do what you can to get me these players and i'll turn a blind eye."

And no, not a big miss on the analogy.
It is what I think happened.
We don't know exactly what happened.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:08 am Yes, I never argued that he wasn't:

"I personally believe Self knew some of what was going on but distanced himself generally from it.
Do what you can to get me these players and i'll turn a blind eye."

And no, not a big miss on the analogy.
It is what I think happened.
We don't know exactly what happened.
So the only way to know "exactly" what happened is to know exact dollar amounts for each and every player? If so, then i stand corrected, because i doubt Self knew/cared much about the amounts it took to get them to KU.

Self knew why Gasnolla existed and what Gasnolla did to get kids to come to KU. They were, and probably still are in private, good friends. That's what i believe. I have seen plenty of evidence that leads me to that conclusion. Probably not enough to prove beyond a reasonable doubt to "convict" Self if this were a criminal trial....but this isn't a trial.

Self and his assistant coach got caughy with their hand in the cookie jar. Collateral damage. Could have been just about anyone, but it wasn't. It was them.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

So, TyTy Washington... we haven't seen any sort of announcement about his time frame for making a decision, correct? And we generally feel like Kansas is in a much better place with him than we did a week ago, correct?

It's pretty clear that Self wants to hand him the keys and install him as a starter from Day One on a team that seems on paper to be a very competitive team, especially if one or both of Agbaji and Wilson come back. Am I correct that the deadline to withdraw from the draft is July 19th? Man, that's a long time to wait for news on Agbaji and Wilson.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Come on twocoach, who cares about TyTy. We need illy to beat the shit out of this dead horse for the 50th time