Tristan out

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: Tristan out

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:29 am I think the one year sit out a year should apply in conference.
For coaches too.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Meh.

March-November is already a long time. It’s not like they can transfer schools in the middle of conference play.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:20 pm Meh.

March-November is already a long time. It’s not like they can transfer schools in the middle of conference play.
A coach can though can't they?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Bedore talked with Tristan recently.

Some things that stood out:
Self contacted him almost immediately after he picked Iowa State and joked around with him.

He'll always be respectful when playing Kansas. He enjoyed it there too much not to be respectful.

He's not sure he would have been back for Sweet 16 weekend. Covid just destroyed him, he said.

He probably would have transferred even if he had to sit a year.

He's ready to be able to just play and play a lot. He grew mentally tougher while at Kansas, but he's ready to play quite a bit.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 863

I wonder how many of our offseason transfers were guys Self sat down with and said you're probably never going to play meaningful minutes here so it's probably best to utilize the free transfer and go somewhere you can play big minutes.....
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

In guessing he didn't need to tell them much
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I would hope he was honest and says something like,
"Look, you're a good kid, but-a but-a, Jalen's just got the spot on lockdown right now. Not saying you don't work your butt off this summer and come in and surprise us all, but Jalen's, well, Jalen's just better right now. Who knows who we bring in next year - but you know who's coming in this year. So, uh, it's kinda your call here, we want you here, but just wanted you to know what the deal is, coming from me."
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

pdub wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:31 pm I would hope he was honest and says something like,
"Look, you're a good kid, but-a but-a, Jalen's just got the spot on lockdown right now. Not saying you don't work your butt off this summer and come in and surprise us all, but Jalen's, well, Jalen's just better right now. Who knows who we bring in next year - but you know who's coming in this year. So, uh, it's kinda your call here, we want you here, but just wanted you to know what the deal is, coming from me."
"Correct me if I'm wrong, but - uh - and I could be totally - uh - off base with this deal -- but I'd say that's got- that's got to be about as good as a - uh - an impression as we've seen here at Kansas."
Ain't no seats
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

Man, I miss the Stutterin' Bill Self twitter account.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

hasbeen wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:28 pm Man, I miss the Stutterin' Bill Self twitter account.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

My favorite one he does a lot lately is site a very specific stat then say "if I'm not mistaken".

Like "they were 7 of 13 on threes in the last game if I'm not mistaken."

No coach you weren't mistaken on that very precise stat you clearly recently looked up.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.