Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Emotional support animals

Post by ousdahl »

Thoughts?
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Emotional support animals

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:35 pmThoughts?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd argue most animals are emotional support animals.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Geebus, I feel like mich when I say it, but a lot of this seems silly to me.
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea.

Just had one of yall tourists loose their mind and hang up on me cuz I said emotional support animals are not allowed.

“But we got official paperwork to show yall and everything!”

Is it an actual trained service animal, sir?

“No, it’s our cute little poopsykins!”

Well sorry. Actual trained service animals are allowed, but please understand that with no actual standard of training or certification for “emotional support animals,” we’ve had too many tear up rooms and bother other guests when locked in a strange place freaking put barking all day while y’all go get cheeseburgers or whatever, so as a matter of policy they aren’t allowed, even if you downloaded some pdf from Facebook that officially says they’re the goodest boy.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i agree with pdub, but i also think the designation gets abused a lot
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:45 pm I'd argue most animals are emotional support animals.
Right?

And the terminology has been more or less hijacked by anyone who wants an excuse to bring their pet everywhere just cuz
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

What at most should be a very niche loophole gets abused by people wanting to take their pet on the plane, and god knows where else. At least that is my grumpy perception.

But, if you are in the hotel/resort industry, you probably have to let that one go and set up a security deposit policy. Outside of like Carol Baskin jungle cats.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I would argue not a deposit but a fee.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Room rates:

Up to 2 humans: $199 per night

Emotional Support Chinchillas: $2,999 per night per animal.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

We used to have some properties that were pet friendly for a fee of $75. Yall would still get pissed about that, as if the property manager is trying to hose them instead of just cover the cost of inevitable extra cleaning that comes with animals.

Much of the time, it seemed like folks would claim emotional support pet just cuz they figured locking their dog in the rental property would be cheaper than just boreding it.

And pets rarely like being left alone, and ESPECIALLY don’t like being left alone in strange places, hence the property damage and disturbance to other guests.

Then the issue became, why are y’all charging me a damage fee just cuz our dog chewed on the door and dug a hole through the carpet and shat on the couch while we were out late watching the Neil Diamond cover guy at the local dive bar?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

With all that said, “pet friendly” was among the top selling points for vacation rentals either way. Pick yer poison.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:52 pm i agree with pdub, but i also think the designation gets abused a lot
Yep
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Kinda thinking we should merge the two threads of the day and put a GoPro on yall’s emotional support animal. Let em run free and see what they get into
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Got my 20 month old on a horse for the first time last night. That was emotionally supportive to his mood. Also got on his first 4 wheeler ride the day before. And first tractor ride a couple weeks ago. All emotionally supportive to development. Haha
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TDub wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:35 pm Got my 20 month old on a horse for the first time last night. That was emotionally supportive to his mood. Also got on his first 4 wheeler ride the day before. And first tractor ride a couple weeks ago. All emotionally supportive to development. Haha
Nice!

My daughter is doing a horse camp this summer.