anybody have a gopro?

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 865

Re: anybody have a gopro?

Post by Deleted User 865 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:10 pm I have seen it more prevalent in other countries but do not particularly know the reason why they are more prevalent. Could just be what everyone tends to do.

It is becoming quite common here as rideshare has exploded and dash cam and memory card prices have sharply fallen.
It's insurance fraud. It's pretty comical around 2010 of all the Russian videos of people trying to pretend they got hit by cars.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I think I have defended every single one of those cases.

Geico, et al. need to start handing out discounts for dash cams.
Deleted User 865

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:13 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:50 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:38 pm The one thing I have contemplated pulling the trigger on is a good drone. But, quite concerned it would bore me after a couple months.
i’ve considered one as well
There's a guy in my neighborhood who takes 'em out with a .410.
Jesus, seriously? That's so dangerous.
Deleted User 865

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:18 pm I think I have defended every single one of those cases.

You can get them for like $75. They just have like a rotating 30 minute limit. That's pretty smart. I'd buy one if I got like $5 off a month. Dunno how Geico would actually regulate whether they were actually being used tho. And I'm not putting a Geico branded camera in my car.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

vega wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:21 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:18 pm I think I have defended every single one of those cases.

You can get them for like $75. They just have like a rotating 30 minute limit. That's pretty smart. I'd buy one if I got like $5 off a month. Dunno how Geico would actually regulate whether they were actually being used tho. And I'm not putting a Geico branded camera in my car.
Yeah, no way to make sure they are on, but makes more sense to me than handing out a discount for being in the KU Alumni Association.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:38 pm The one thing I have contemplated pulling the trigger on is a good drone. But, quite concerned it would bore me after a couple months.
probably for the same or similar reasons for my reservation

they can be annoying af when you just want some peace and quite

the last thing i’d want is to be “that guy” that ruins someone else’s experience
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Dont blame anyone for taking them out. You shouldn't get to fly over and film my property...thats bullshit. If you walked on my property id come kick you out too. I think drones should be limited to public spaces...and even then...theyre weird.
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:20 pm Dont blame anyone for taking them out. You shouldn't get to fly over and film my property...thats bullshit. If you walked on my property id come kick you out too. I think drones should be limited to public spaces...and even then...theyre weird.
Not that I disagree, but I am guessing you're not a big fan of Google street view.

FWIW, I think filming somebody else's private property, purposefully, is not really a drone problem, that's a weirdo problem.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

vega wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:18 pm
Jesus, seriously? That's so dangerous.
Please don't mistake this for me advocating for the practice, but: the guy's house backs up to woods. The likelihood of anything happening is exceedingly remote.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:24 pm
TDub wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:20 pm Dont blame anyone for taking them out. You shouldn't get to fly over and film my property...thats bullshit. If you walked on my property id come kick you out too. I think drones should be limited to public spaces...and even then...theyre weird.
Not that I disagree, but I am guessing you're not a big fan of Google street view.

FWIW, I think filming somebody else's private property, purposefully, is not really a drone problem, that's a weirdo problem.

Ive been assured thats just absolutely not correct when applied to the gun debate.

Also, yes i dont like google street view. Though that is as seen from the street not flying around the back 40
Just Ledoux it