Major housing crash coming this winter or sooner

Ugh.
Walrus

Re: Major housing crash coming this winter or sooner

Post by Walrus »

Perhaps it is all being done to be a distraction from the AZ audit.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

wrong thread, numb nutz
Deleted User 89

it’s been posted before, but obviously some people need a reminder

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/91774712 ... ox-s-lawye

You Literally Can't Believe The Facts Tucker Carlson Tells You. So Say Fox's Lawyers

... Now comes the claim that you can't expect to literally believe the words that come out of Carlson's mouth. And that assertion is not coming from Carlson's critics. It's being made by a federal judge in the Southern District of New York and by Fox News's own lawyers in defending Carlson against accusations of slander. It worked, by the way.

Just read U.S. District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil's opinion, leaning heavily on the arguments of Fox's lawyers: The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "...
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

It's a slander case.
Deleted User 89

yeah, it says so right in the part i quoted
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I take what comes out of TC mouth about as seriously as I do dr fauci these days. They both are on the same level. They speak I chuckle.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Funny how now the news headlines are saying "Stocks sell off because of concerns from inflation..." as if this is something anyone with a pulse couldn't see from a mile away. This has been obvious since April 2020.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 89

i thought you didn’t trust the media?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Inflation levels are at their highest since 2008. That much is true and cause for concern...how much concern and what to do is up for interpretation.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

There’s the whole “K-shaped recovery” too, right?

The folks buying up stocks and buying up houses aren’t necessarily indicative of the economy as a whole.

But at this rate, maybe we’re due to learn that although Merica is the wealthiest nation of all time, it doesn’t do much good if all that wealth is held by like 5 people.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TDub wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:29 pm Inflation levels are at their highest since 2008. That much is true and cause for concern...how much concern and what to do is up for interpretation.
Inflation was inevitable.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I think we can start by letting interest rates normalize, but that would bring down this entire phony asset bubble economy.

Inflation is not inevitable. Governments cause inflation by increasing money supply. They could raise interest rates and that will reduce it.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Overlander wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:32 pm
TDub wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:29 pm Inflation levels are at their highest since 2008. That much is true and cause for concern...how much concern and what to do is up for interpretation.
Inflation was inevitable.
To some extent its a sign of a healthy economy. But it should be between 2 and 3%. Were at 4.8% that's neither inevitable nor encouraging
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:32 pm it doesn’t do much good if all that wealth is held by like 5 people.
Poor Ousdahl. Works so hard and barely gets by. No free time to post on a messageboard 8+hrs a day. Too busy making money for "the man".
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I figured I wouldn’t be able to call out the wealth hoarders without somebody vilifying poor folks instead.

#TemporarilyEmbarrassedMillionaires
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:30 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:32 pm it doesn’t do much good if all that wealth is held by like 5 people.
Poor Ousdahl. Works so hard and barely gets by. No free time to post on a messageboard 8+hrs a day. Too busy making money for "the man".
Ouch. Valid points, but pretty harsh.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and if you guys really think I’m the only one who spends anytime on this message bored, just wait til you stop and think about how many other posters are really my socks!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

but for real, why are you guys so quick to blame poor folks for all the problems with our economy?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I don't blame the poor. I blame the public schools and governments for keeping people misinformed and uneducated on the reality of our situation. We have someone in this thread who thinks inflation is inevitable, when inflation is a choice that governments make. That's just one example of our education failing.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ok let’s roll with it...aaaand who do you think is pulling the strings for the gummint to be misinforming people?

Is it all those lawmakers getting all that super pac money funded by...whom, again?