DC says howdy

Coffee talk.
defixione
Contributor

Re: DC says howdy

Post by defixione »

Overlander wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:11 pm Yeah, other than being convinced that are literally puking your soul onto the earth, peyote is a pretty badass trip.
This tickled me.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

ChalkRocker wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:57 pm
japhy wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:49 pm I gave him a big hug for all of you and said you missed him...

...He said to tell you all, “fuck you”. It seemed heartfelt.

Awwwww, man <sniff> the big lug...

I still miss him
I miss him too.
Broham
Deleted User 880

Post by Deleted User 880 »

defixione wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:14 pm
Overlander wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:11 pm Yeah, other than being convinced that are literally puking your soul onto the earth, peyote is a pretty badass trip.
This tickled me.
Which is typically stronger - Ayahuasca or Peyote?
Neither appeal to me and never have. Even if they would "cure" me.
I don't fault those who have used either/both. To each their own.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/ayah ... index.html
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Did DC write a book for real?

And is it for real worth reading? or is it him just being all condescending and vague, and blaming all the problems on the Clintons?

Cuz I mean, to go from illying himself cuz geezer called him a partisan asshole too many times, to then hear the next chapter in the story is him going on Tucker Carlson...it just makes me - as DC himself would put it - giggle.

...not that I don’t miss him too.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

MJ23 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:10 am
defixione wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:14 pm
This tickled me.
Which is typically stronger - Ayahuasca or Peyote?
Neither appeal to me and never have. Even if they would "cure" me.
I don't fault those who have used either/both. To each their own.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/ayah ... index.html
I don't think you can talk of psychedelics in context of one being stronger than another. They are all strong in their effects. It's all a matter of dosage. I have only used two, LSD and psilocybin. Neither made me puke, but I always take a huge explosive shit about 20-30 minutes after ingesting the mushrooms. I have no interest in ingesting anything that I know is going to make me puke violently.

If you want a really good overview of the history, past research and current state of research and practice of psychedelics you should give Michael Pollan's book "How To Change Your Mind" a read. He approaches the subject without any glorification or being flippant about it. Afterwards my wife decided she wants to try mushrooms. She is allergic to alcohol and had never gotten high until in her 40's when recreational weed came on line in CO. She just wants to understand what people are talking about when they say it is a spiritual experience. For someone who has only been high a few times, mushrooms will be a big step into an different view of reality. Sometime after Solstice when we get our trip shack a little more comfortable.

https://michaelpollan.com/books/how-to- ... your-mind/

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015 ... -treatment
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

ousdahl wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:42 am Did DC write a book for real?

And is it for real worth reading? or is it him just being all condescending and vague, and blaming all the problems on the Clintons?
DC did write a book and he did give me a copy. There was no personalized inscription inside though, which was kind of disappointing.

The fact that he got Ken Blackwell to write some fawning horseshit about the importance of his book on the dust jacket makes me believe he actually did get a shot at Tucker Carlson.

He values his anonymity, so I won't give you the title. But if you PM him he might send you a link.

I am only on chapter one ( yes DC, I really am going to choke this shit down one page at a time) but so far no mention of the Clintons. He seems more fixated on Mickey Mouse. Maybe he auditioned to be a Mouseketeer as a kid and they told him his head was too weirdly shaped to be on TV or some such shit and he hasn't gotten over it.

Maybe the answer is in Chapter Two.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

For starters, let me say, for the record: I'm not back. I'm never coming back. I don't like you people. Except Defix. And CR. I like you two. No one else. Oh, and Leawood. I like him too. The rest of you, however, can Fu...whoops. Sorry. And CnB. But that's IT!

Additionally, I DID have lunch with Japhy, and -- GODDAMN IT! I like Chikn too.

Now where was I?

Ah, yes. Burgers and Freedom.

I used to let the guy who owns the place think he beat me up a couple of times a week. But he didn't. I was fine. But man, that fucker could kick. But they make world-class burgers...so...whatever.

Anyway, I set up a heroin deal for Japhy. He couldn't refuse. Trainspotting is his favorite Ewan McGregor movie...well...his favorite that doesn't also have Natalie Portman in it.

Japhy almost got shot -- and I'm not talking about guns. He was short on cash and...well...have you seen Less than Zero?

Those of you who may not know, Japhy is in his upper 80s. He's slow. He's forgetful. And he's practically fucking deaf. I told him I READ a book. Thought he should probably try to read one too. The rest is, well...the guy's more senile than Biden. Goddamn. I don't know how Shirley puts up with him. That woman is a saint.

I helped him clean the "spinach dip" off his blue dress and got him back in his Uber. I'm glad to hear he made it home.

That's all for now.

And probably forever.

And fuck you.
Last edited by DCHawk1 on Tue May 25, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DC’s back!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Put out the good silverware.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Shi*. There goes one of the good ones...

<blubber> dambit...promised myself I wouldn't cry...
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

DC edited his post.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Well, then! Put out the good silverware!!
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

A breath of fresh air!!
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Let's hope he's here to help.
Broham
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I don't necessarily miss DC, his opinions were usually awful but he at least knew how to articulate a point of view and make a reasonable and sound argument for his belief.

He used to run circles around the kellyfenton's and shirley's on a regular basis. I usually sided with those wet bags from a philosophical point of view, but their ability to make a reasonable argument was laughable.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

always figgered DC was a book-readin' feller...

he could be kind of a wise guy, see?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I.always pictured DC as Sean Hannity without the cartoonish school boy haircut.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

A more emotionally honest Bill O’reilly
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:24 pm For starters, let me say, for the record: I'm not back. I'm never coming back. I don't like you people. Except Defix. And CR. I like you two. No one else. Oh, and Leawood. I like him too. The rest of you, however, can Fu...whoops. Sorry. And CnB. But that's IT!

Additionally, I DID have lunch with Japhy, and -- GODDAMN IT! I like Chikn too.

Now where was I?

Ah, yes. Burgers and Freedom.

I used to let the guy who owns the place think he beat me up a couple of times a week. But he didn't. I was fine. But man, that fucker could kick. But they make world-class burgers...so...whatever.

Anyway, I set up a heroin deal for Japhy. He couldn't refuse. Trainspotting is his favorite Ewan McGregor movie...well...his favorite that doesn't also have Natalie Portman in it.

Japhy almost got shot -- and I'm not talking about guns. He was short on cash and...well...have you seen Less than Zero?

Those of you who may not know, Japhy is in his upper 80s. He's slow. He's forgetful. And he's practically fucking deaf. I told him I READ a book. Thought he should probably try to read one too. The rest is, well...the guy's more senile than Biden. Goddamn. I don't know how Shirley puts up with him. That woman is a saint.

I helped him clean the "spinach dip" off his blue dress and got him back in his Uber. I'm glad to hear he made it home.

That's all for now.

And probably forever.

And fuck you.
I see the olds still get together IRL and have these inside jokes they force the Board to read. It was one of my least favorite things about .com.

That and when Jensen would post about how much he enjoyed the natural light in AFH during day games.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser