Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 880

Re: Totally random thread

Post by Deleted User 880 »

Riddle me this.....

The Tribune reports this....

Pedestrian walks into oncoming traffic on Lake Shore Drive in Gold Coast, critically hurt, police say.

A 29-year-old pedestrian was hit by a vehicle and critically injured Saturday evening, snarling traffic in the northbound lanes of Lake Shore Drive in the Gold Coast neighborhood, officials said.
The crash happened about 7:10 p.m., and involved two vehicles and a male pedestrian in the 1000 block of North Lake Shore Drive, according to the Chicago Fire Department.
According to a Chicago police media notification, the man began to walk into oncoming traffic on Lake Shore Drive when he was hit.
He was taken in critical condition to Northwestern Memorial Hospital, the Fire Department said.
Four adults in the two vehicles refused medical attention, and the vehicles had minor damage, the Fire Department said.
The Office of Emergency Management and Communications sent out an alert about 7:45 p.m. that drivers should seek an alternative route.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/bre ... story.html

YET.....
On the Citizen app several people said they witnessed it and this how they described it.
Person tried to cross Lake Shore Drive and got hit by a MOTORCYCLE who had been doing wheelies.
Cars tried to avoid the collision and then one car hit/ran over the person who was laying in the street and a couple cars hit each other trying to avoid this.
Guy on the motorcycle got back on his damaged motorcycle and rode off with his other motorcycle buddies before the cops got there.
Guy who was hit looked to be in bad shape but wasn't dead.

My question is why didn't the Tribune article mention the motorcycle?
I have a pretty good theory.
There is a BIG problem with people riding their motorcycles around the city like assholes.
They do wheelies on Lake Shore Drive and Michigan Avenue, go through red lights, speed as fast as 100+ mph, and I have seen them ride on sidewalks on Michigan Avenue.
The police have told me they have "orders" to NOT "chase" them. Too dangerous for everyone (motorcyclists, cops, and citizens).
Meanwhile, I know citizens are PISSED OFF that these assholes are allowed "free rein". It's extremely dangerous and these motorcyclists know they are allowed to break the law with no repercussions.
Thus, the police (and Mayor) are in cahoots with the local media and tell them NOT to report about the motorcycle "incidents".

Paging MICH....
To once again tell me/us - "This what you get after 100 years of democrat"?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

pdub wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:03 pm I knew a dude who smoked every day, aced his way through KU and KU med, went on to do a year or two of volunteer work in Africa for those in need.
was he a towny?

i know a dude fitting that description that ended up in Albuquerque last i heard
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

A lot of my friends were townies, as I was a townie.
He included.
shindig

Post by shindig »

I've been using instacart since COVID and still continue to use it a few times a month. I just had the worst fvcking shopper ever. First time in 1.5 yrs I've had an issue. This guy fvcked everything up...oh my god.

Order chicken thighs (2 packs), I get chicken breast (1 pack).
Order seasoned grille ready chicken thighs, I get nothing, but still charged.
Order 12 pck RC Cola, I get Coke (which I hate)
Order 1.5 lbs banana's, get 15 bananas (WTF am I going to do with all these?).
Order 2 green stem onions packs, get 2 large white onions.

I think that's it. JFC.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Life gives you bananas, make banana-aid.
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Here’s a great recipe to try:

Banana Chicken

15 bananas
Chicken thighs (breasts won’t work)
144 ounces RC cola
Green stem onions
Dash of axe body spray to taste

You’re just a few ingredients short!
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Broham
shindig

Post by shindig »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:52 pm Here’s a great recipe to try:

Banana Chicken

15 bananas
Chicken thighs (breasts won’t work)
144 ounces RC cola
Green stem onions
Dash of axe body spray to taste

You’re just a few ingredients short!
LOL...For some reason, Coke just messes up my stomach. I put in a complaint and instacart just refunded me everything that was wrong, now I have to go to Hy-Vee anyway to get what I wanted...damnit. oh well.

And I guess I'll see if any of my neighbors want some bananas.
Deleted User 89

we’ve been tempted to do the instacart thing, but just don’t trust that the shopper will get the best produce...among fucking up other things

if i’m eating greens, i’m very particular about their condition
Deleted User 89

supertasters

wtf?

25% of people have up to 4 times the number of taste buds of the average person, conferring heightened sensitivity to bitter foods...aka, picky fucking eaters.

also, “supertasters” are supposedlynless likely to contract covid...something about their protein receptors producing nitric oxide that helps defend against respiratory invaders
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Soooo, Mrs 99 and the kids are in Myrtle Beach for the weekend. 99 is bachelor-ing it. What should be on the agenda?
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

for one thing, you should already be lounging on the couch in your undies.

Next, smash some savory junk food. Cheetos, Dot’s, Lays, Ruffles, or even pringles or kettle chips will do
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:01 pm Soooo, Mrs 99 and the kids are in Myrtle Beach for the weekend. 99 is bachelor-ing it. What should be on the agenda?
Buffalo Trace in Frankfort. Buy some Blanton's.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Invite Paul Pierce and his “entourage” to come over
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I do have some Woodford in the ole cabinet.

I got a private tour of Buffalo Trace a few years ago. A chef from Chicago sent me a friend request on facebook. She said she saw some pics of my food on somebody's page and wanted to friend me. We mostly like each other's pictures for a while, never really communicated other than that.

She sends me a PM out of the blue. Says she has agreed to do an 8 month gig at a private club in New Zealand to cook Southern food. She also says she has no idea how to cook Southern food so she's going to take a month and travel through Memphis, NOLA, and Louisville meeting with other chefs and would I like to meet her at Buffalo Trace.

I said sure and took the afternoon off. We met with their head chemist and a PR lady and talked about bourbon making. They led us upstairs to a private tasting room. There was a big, round table with a lazy Susan with 30 or so bottles of mostly bourbon, but some vodka and white dog too.

Also on the table were three bottles of Pappy. A 12, 18, and 23 year. We tasted a bunch of including several tasting of each of the Pappys. Pretty tasty.

We then go a 2 hour tour from this old black guy who's dad worked there pre-prohibition and then he worked there until he retired. We went through parts the public never gets to see. There's some old, scary buildings in there. Had a great time, bought a big bottle of Eagle Rare to say thanks.

I still share/get likes with her occasionally.

Now that I think about it, I may have posted this before. But I've written too much to delete it so here it is again.
Broham
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Great story. A lot to be jealous of in there.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

^^^

POTD 99

And if I could do so without it getting way too long, care to share any good southern recipes please?

Or rather, when a totally random chef asks you to share southern food ideas, what did you provide?

What’s the nuances between Nola/Memphis/loooooouuuville food?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

NOLA has a lot of influences. Caribbean, African, French, Spanish, Italian, and lately Vietnamese among others. But most Southern food shares these influences. I don't know. Seems to me NOLA is it's own thing.

What do you want a recipe for?
Broham
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Anything other than a Hot Brown. ;)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I dunno.

I’d ask biscuits, but I kinda doubt it would work at this elevation. I can barely even boil rice.

Maybe I should ask, what southern food recipes did the chef seeking out? Did she just say “southern food” or have anything particular in mind?