Re: The Empire is starting a marching band

Post by defixione »

Dibs on triangle.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Put me down for stand up bass.

I have no idea how to play it, but I WILL entertain!

Also....I need to borrow a stand up bass.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Dibs on French horn. No, I've never played one but they look cool.
Broham
Deleted User 89

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:48 am Dibs on French horn. No, I've never played one but they look cool.
funny...i played it in jr high and high school

imo, probably has the most beautiful sound of any of the brass
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Both of my daughters play the double bass, unfortunately neither can make Solstice this year so we will be missing that. My youngest was a drum major at KU, so I will try to get her to let me borrow her marching Jayhawks baton for the week. With no access to other instruments I think we will march with kazoos this year.

My first thoughts are to play this song, it seems like a good fit for the kazoo. If you don't know the song, it is either a reference to the sound of the guitars which Eno likens to a warm jet engine; or it is an ode to the joys of a golden shower. Either way, it seems like a fine opening song for a Solstice celebration.

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I don't know if we can do it justice but I may try to pull off a pre-march "hog calling". I am there somewhere in the crowd and my youngest is leading the hog calling on this video.

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Would anyone have believed me if I told you Japhy was gonna post vids of his daughter today?

“Yeah right bro, no way. What sorta vids, anyway?”

Hog calling.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

We have one more addition to the show for the Solstice.

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

In case you were wondering what we are serving at the before and after parties. We will have kegs of Sipster from the Three Barrels Brewery in Del Norte both nights. On Friday night there will be tres leches cake and chocoflan cake from a local baker. We will have some Blue Chem preroll to get your appetite going on Friday.

Remember, band practice is at 10:00 AM on Saturday morning so don't be late.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:52 pm In case you were wondering what we are serving at the before and after parties. We will have kegs of Sipster from the Three Barrels Brewery in Del Norte both nights. On Friday night there will be tres leches cake and chocoflan cake from a local baker. We will have some Blue Chem preroll to get your appetite going on Friday.

I will be pounding out complementary Manhatans, Old Fashionds, and Mimosas (in case Lobster shows up) at the Plano temporary digs just south of the Spud Lounge from 10 pm to 2 am. Friday AND Saturday.

Ousdahl will be working the door.
Last edited by Overlander on Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Also, this:

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Overlander wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:55 pm
japhy wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:52 pm In case you were wondering what we are serving at the before and after parties. We will have kegs of Sipster from the Three Barrels Brewery in Del Norte both nights. On Friday night there will be tres leches cake and chocoflan cake from a local baker. We will have some Blue Chem preroll to get your appetite going on Friday.

I will be pounding out complementary Manhatans, Old Fashionds, and Mimosas (in case Lobster shows up) at the Plano temporary digs just south of the Spud Lounge from 10 pm to 2 am. Friday AND Saturday.

all I'm saying is, don't blame me if I bring some strange back to camp, blame the door guy for letting her in.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:06 pm
Overlander wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:55 pm

all I'm saying is, don't blame me if I bring some strange back to camp, blame the door guy for letting her in.
Understood
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

You guys are setting the stage for 'The Annual Alley Event.' Bring it.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

defixione wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:42 am You guys are setting the stage for 'The Annual Alley Event.' Bring it.
Yeah, kind of makes us sound like loosers.
We will be easy to spot. We will be the guys roasting a possum over a burning tire.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

If you must, don't roast the thing unless youve kept it caged and fed it nothing but greens and veggies for 21 days....that carrion eating critter needs a system clean before the tire roast
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

PSA: an opossum can consume upwards of 5,000 ticks/year, eating nearly 95% of those they come in contact with
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

They also have natural immunity to snake bites and will eat small snakes.

Cant stand the things but they are actually fairly helpful....other than occasional egg stealing.
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TDub wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:41 am They also have natural immunity to snake bites and will eat small snakes.

Cant stand the things but they are actually fairly helpful....other than occasional egg stealing.
Would you dry rub it? Or wet sauce roast?