HOAs

Coffee talk.
chiknbut

Re: HOAs

Post by chiknbut »

I have a listing at a really nice loft condo in Roscoe Village and each unit (139 total) has an HOA fee of around $420/month. Covers water, scavenger, snow removal, insurance, internet, basic cable and general maintenance (cleaning crew, huge underground parking, workout room, laundry room, side patio with grills and an amazing rooftop deck with 360 view of the city, monthly furnace filter replacement, etc.). Having a solid, organized HOA is great for a big building like this and really helps with resale value.

HOA's are a bargain. Especially during a shitty winter.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Scavenger?

Your HOA pays to have animals come that eat the dead animals?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
shindig

Post by shindig »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:35 pm The garbage truck arm-grabber-thing broke my trash bin this week.

The HOA told me to contact the waste removal company. The waste removal company told me to put the bin out front, and they will come replace it some time in the next ten days.

The HOA prohibits trash bins from being left out except on trash days.

A real pickle, friends.
At least you get trash bins. In KCMO you just put your bags out (2 bag limit unless you buy tags) and your re-cycle container (mine is currently held together by duct tape because they toss the suckers onto your driveway after emptying them). If I want a new one, I have to go to PC or Westlake and pay $10 for a new one. And it's great when the racoons and squirrels get into the bags, but it's KCMO, so what do you expect.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:01 am Scavenger?

Your HOA pays to have animals come that eat the dead animals?
Yes, it's very unique that way. Peregine Falcons usually do the trick.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

shindig wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:33 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:35 pm The garbage truck arm-grabber-thing broke my trash bin this week.

The HOA told me to contact the waste removal company. The waste removal company told me to put the bin out front, and they will come replace it some time in the next ten days.

A real pickle, friends.
At least you get trash bins. In KCMO you just put your bags out (2 bag limit unless you buy tags) and your re-cycle container (mine is currently held together by duct tape because they toss the suckers onto your driveway after emptying them). If I want a new one, I have to go to PC or Westlake and pay $10 for a new one. And it's great when the racoons and squirrels get into the bags, but it's KCMO, so what do you expect.
I've never understood KCMO's waste policy. Seems to encourage illegal dumping.
Broham
shindig

Post by shindig »

I think they have tried some use of the large bins that are picked up by the truck, but so many people, especially in the inner City park on the side streets, so waste management I guess can't use the trucks with claws to lift them up or because of all the large trees with low branches. I don't know. You're not even supposed to put your bags in a bin (lol), just the bags themselves.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

How else would dogs be able to spread trash all over the neighborhood?
Broham
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

shindig wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:33 am

A real pickle, friends.
Yep, been there, done that. Awful system.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

chiknbut wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:57 am I have a listing at a really nice loft condo in Roscoe Village and each unit (139 total) has an HOA fee of around $420/month. Covers water, scavenger, snow removal, insurance, internet, basic cable and general maintenance (cleaning crew, huge underground parking, workout room, laundry room, side patio with grills and an amazing rooftop deck with 360 view of the city, monthly furnace filter replacement, etc.). Having a solid, organized HOA is great for a big building like this and really helps with resale value.

Yeah, our HOAs in Palm Springs were high, but included a lot.
Plus, maintenance and upkeep on a beautiful Country Club and 27 holes isn't cheap.

Don't tell lobster.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Overlander wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:02 pm
chiknbut wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:57 am I have a listing at a really nice loft condo in Roscoe Village and each unit (139 total) has an HOA fee of around $420/month. Covers water, scavenger, snow removal, insurance, internet, basic cable and general maintenance (cleaning crew, huge underground parking, workout room, laundry room, side patio with grills and an amazing rooftop deck with 360 view of the city, monthly furnace filter replacement, etc.). Having a solid, organized HOA is great for a big building like this and really helps with resale value.

Plus, maintenance and upkeep on a beautiful Country Club and 27 holes isn't cheap.

Don't tell lobster.
If it's more than a refrigerator or a tow truck it's too much.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

defixione wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:35 pm

Don't tell lobster.
If it's more than a refrigerator or a tow truck it's too much.
And, i clearly fucked over the family that could easily turn the property today.....1 year later....for a nice profit.
Even in the middle of dumbstadomas' 3 year running doomsday real estate prediction.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Don't tell lobster.
Thats not helping ous save the fraser
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

potd
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TDub wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:28 pm

Don't tell lobster.
Thats not helping ous save the fraser
I do not disagree. My focus is more on the Salton Sea.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

winning the internet