Deleted User 89

Re: Ball lightning

Post by Deleted User 89 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:39 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:25 pm
ChalkRocker wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:03 pmtwss
had to look that up

i feel old
I was gonna try to come up with some comments to make a meme, but I can’t decide who is CR and who is Trad...

well, i’ve always had a thing for fanny packs
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The short sleeve shirt and tie has always been your look too
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

nothing says professional like a kentucky waterfall

business up front, part in the back

(actually, upon second look that may not be a mullet after all)
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Of course I have seen it, twice no less.

Driving down I-29 north of KC as a storm was rolling into town. Suddenly a large blue ball of electricity appeared on the power line crossing the interstate. It just rolled along the power line from the power pole at one side of the highway to the sag in the middle of the line right over the road. Then it disappeared in a big puff of smoke. As the smoke cleared I could see the high voltage line burnt through and falling towards the road right in front of me. I had to decide to hit the brakes and maybe skid and stop on top of the line or hit the gas and hope to roll through. I hit the gas while my passenger screamed. We rolled right over the power line and could see the interstate blocked in both directions by vehicles slamming on their brakes. My passenger wanted to know how I knew that driving over it was going to be OK? I said I didn't, but had to make a decision one way or another and hitting the gas was easier when adrenalized like that.

Second time was during a large electrical storm and one formed inside our house in my second floor bedroom. Weirdest damn thing to wake up a blue ball of light about the size of a baseball floating in the room over you making a crackling noise like something sparking. It just started drifting across the room and then just went pop when it touched the wall and was gone. No smell that I can recall, but at that point I was about to piss myself so I could have missed it.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Rubber on the tires
Just Ledoux it
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Hindsight is 20/20. When a high voltage wire is falling out of the air onto either wet pavement or your hood, it is tough to be absolutely sure of the physics.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Well sure, but youre safer in the car than just about anywhere else
Just Ledoux it