Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Totally random thread

Post by pdub »

I dont "Yelp" often but if it's really good or really bad I will. I like to balance a one or two star with a four or five.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:18 am you should write that pizza joint a crappy review on yelp.

you would be doing them a favor. the manager wants to know. my nephew owns a restaurant. he reads every review. they want to know how they are falling short. what they are doing wrong. how they can do better. they want to know.
Not a bad idea and you're not wrong about "doing them a favor" - to a degree but......
I'm not looking to hurt/destroy Blaze nor their employees. As I said, I consider/ed my situation to be a teaching lesson and constructive criticism. I would prefer having a candid conversation with the manager and explain that I'm just trying to help.
Deleted User 887

pdub wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:31 am I dont "Yelp" often but if it's really good or really bad I will. I like to balance a one or two star with a four or five.
When I was in DC the hotel manager went above and beyond in regards to kindness and being accommodating. That was great and appreciated and I expressed it to her personally but when she then TOLD (not asked/suggested) me to give HER a good review on Yelp I couldn't help but question if she was more concerned with her personal public praise than actually giving me (and my mother) good service.
I gave her and the hotel an excellent review on the hotel's site but did NOT give her and the hotel any review on Yelp.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:52 am
pdub wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:31 am I dont "Yelp" often but if it's really good or really bad I will. I like to balance a one or two star with a four or five.
When I was in DC the hotel manager went above and beyond in regards to kindness and being accommodating. That was great and appreciated and I expressed it to her personally but when she then TOLD (not asked/suggested) me to give HER a good review on Yelp I couldn't help but question if she was more concerned with her personal public praise than actually giving me (and my mother) good service.
I gave her and the hotel an excellent review on the hotel's site but did NOT give her and the hotel any review on Yelp.
You showed her ass.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
shindig

Post by shindig »

I don't think I've ever given a yelp review, nor do I really do Amazon reviews. I just don't have the time. It always amazes me when you read an amazon review and it's like 4 paragraphs long and full of pictures the reviewer uploaded. I don't get it. Occasionally I'll just give star reviews and call it good. I know, I'm a lazy azz. I do do instacart reviews, but I never type anything, it's just star reviews.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Actual conversation with the landlord:

“so I have this rickety old little boat and we took it out on the lake for 4th of July one year, we had like 12 people on it, it literally was barely staying afloat lol so funny! So the sheriff’s boat randomly comes by like boy you gotta lotta people on that boat! Do you at least have life jackets for everybody? And we were like, wait we’re supposed to have life jackets for everybody?!”

Part of me wonders just exactly how he managed to afford multiple homes in some of the most expensive markets in the country. But that must be it! He saved up extra cash by skimping on the life jackets.
Deleted User 887

Overlander wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:16 am
You showed her ass.
I didn't show her ass anything but thanks for chiming in big guy.
I'm probably not ever going to give an individual a positive review on Yelp or any other site because the person tells me to. Unless I specifically ask them if they would like me to.
Hey, that gives me an idea. I'm thinking maybe for shits and giggles I'll set up a fake account and review your ass on Yelp.

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

My wasp-buddy is still here. Makes several appearances per day. Kind of freaking me out a little, but I hate to spray him/her with the wasp spray.

Traddie, are wasps pollinators?
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

no, actually, the “P” stands for Protestant
Deleted User 887

You kind of beat me to it ousy.
I was going to say to 99 - Decent chance your WASP buddy is a Pub. Is he/she wearing a MAGA hat and/or holding a Trump flag?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:43 pm My wasp-buddy is still here. Makes several appearances per day. Kind of freaking me out a little, but I hate to spray him/her with the wasp spray.

Traddie, are wasps pollinators?
not to the extent bees are, mainly because they’re predatory (at least in part)

https://www.fs.fed.us/wildflowers/polli ... asps.shtml
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

So, it's ok if I 86 him/her?
Broham
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

unless god is actually a wasp
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

According to the wasps he is
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:30 pm

You showed her ass.
I'm probably not ever going to give an individual a positive review on Yelp or any other site because the person tells me to. Unless I specifically ask them if they would like me to.
Hey, that gives me an idea. I'm thinking maybe for shits and giggles I'll set up a fake account and review your ass on Yelp.

The fact that you won't give someone a positive Yelp review, if earned...but you entertain the idea of going out of your way to Yelp-fuck me speaks volumes.

The boards' favorite "Hi, how am I?" guy strikes again.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Overlander wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:33 pm

You showed her ass.
The fact that you won't give someone a positive Yelp review, if earned...but you entertain the idea of going out of your way to Yelp-fuck me speaks volumes.

What else would you expect from the resident psychopath?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Asked before, but,

Could we pleeeease cut it out with the personal beef and mental health smack talk?

Like pretty please with a cherry on top?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

2nd-ed.
Broham
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

meh, gutter is a complete fucking asshole and ruins every thread he touches.

A lot of posters here are willing to shit all over psych, lobby and other far right nutjobs. I don't see why some of us can't treat those we don't like the same.
Deleted User 887

Overlander wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:33 pm

You showed her ass.

LOL!

I did NOT simply say I wouldn't give someone a positive Yelp review. Did I?
I said, "I'm probably not ever going to give an individual a positive review on Yelp or any other site BECAUSE THE PERSON TELLS ME TO".
As far as my entertaining the idea of going out of my way to Yelp-fuck you speaking volumes, why did you assume if I reviewed you on Yelp that I would fuck you? Other than your maybe being a little paranoid? I never said I would give you a negative review - did I? Perhaps I would OVERLY state that you are such a wonderful boat salesman and how happy I was with you and your service.
The board's "Hi, how am I guy" laughs at you because you're pretty much as big of a how am I guy as I am.
Well, thankfully we all have the board's favorite former law enforcement officer turned boat salesman (who must either have the day off today or is just feeling the need to be a dick because it gives him self worth to do as such) to put me in my place today.
For those such as Plano who like to keep score......
Plano +1
Gutter -1