21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by Deleted User 863 »

hasbeen wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:15 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:08 am Why is Braun better off the bench? Like strategy wise what makes that more effective for the team? Or is it solely because people don't like him?
I like him quite a bit, but I personally prefer 2 guards that handle the ball well. That leaves a wing spot for Braun or Ochai and OA is better.

I think he plays similar minutes to last year, but coming off the bench may loosen him up a bit so he doesn't hesitate on catch and shoot 3s.
Are you making a spot for Harris to start? 🤮

It's crazy to me how critical people are of Braun, but yet Harris seems loved and he is not nearly as good at basketball as Braun.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Ochai is starting.

Wilson is starting

Mac is starting

Remy is starting

Yes and Braun competing for the 5th spot. I lean towards Yes because its nice to have a 2nd ballhandler.

Hows pettifords recovery going?
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Lol
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:17 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:08 am Why is Braun better off the bench? Like strategy wise what makes that more effective for the team? Or is it solely because people don't like him?
I like him quite a bit, but I personally prefer 2 guards that handle the ball well. That leaves a wing spot for Braun or Ochai and OA is better.

I think he plays similar minutes to last year, but coming off the bench may loosen him up a bit so he doesn't hesitate on catch and shoot 3s.

It's crazy to me how critical people are of Braun, but yet Harris seems loved and he is not nearly as good at basketball as Braun.
I hope Harris plays 2 minutes a game next year. I'm making room for Yesefu.
Last edited by hasbeen on Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, Harris does some things well, but as a whole I think at this point even Self too is in the camp who wants to limit minutes for non-shooters
Deleted User 863

hasbeen wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:19 am

I hope Harris plays 2 minutes a game next year. I'm making room for this Yesefu.
Ok. We are sort of on the same page then.

Any word on Remy pulling out of the draft yet? Is Yesefu testing the waters as well?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

braun is a better scorer, with better size

Harris seems to do everything else better
Deleted User 863

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:26 am

Harris is not a better rebounder or on ball defender than Braun imo.

The only thing harris does noticeably better is dribble/pass.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:23 am
hasbeen wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:19 am

I hope Harris plays 2 minutes a game next year. I'm making room for this Yesefu.
Ok. We are sort of on the same page then.

Any word on Remy pulling out of the draft yet? Is Yesefu testing the waters as well?
I don't think Yesefu is testing. The word on Twitter is Remy is very likely to return to school. I hope that's right -- this season looks much different if he goes pro.

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
Deleted User 863

So with no Remy

It's

Yesefu
Och
Braun
Wilson
DMac

And with Remy it gets dicey for Braun or Yesefu. Makes sense. Hard to keep up with all the new faces.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CB ain't sitting to start the year folks.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:32 am CB ain't sitting to start the year folks.
I made no prediction. If I had to guess, it will be: Remy, Braun, Agbaji, Wilson, and Dave.

But in my opinion, this is a better starting lineup: Remy, Yesefu, Agbaji, Wilson, and Dave.

- lobser
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Agreed. And i like braun a lot. But a second ballhandler/creator/attacker makes a big difference.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah.

I think Braun stands to start the first few games.

But as the season goes on, and particularly come that winter break retooling, if one of our transfer guards comes off the bench and clearly makes us better, maybe give him the nod
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That could likely be either Yesufu or JCL, but heck maybe one of the freshies will surprise
Deleted User 863

With Och Wilson and maybe Remy coming back i think it's highly possible we see a transfer or 2 in the next month or so.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:28 am
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:26 am

Harris is not a better rebounder or on ball defender than Braun imo.

The only thing harris does noticeably better is dribble/pass.
agree on rebounding, but Harris (size aside) has better lateral movement and so is definitely the better on-ball defender
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

I don't understand why the 34 year old transfer from Iowa State chose KU. Maybe he thought OA was gone?

- lobser
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Maybe he thinks he can compete for minutes either way?
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:44 am With Och Wilson and maybe Remy coming back i think it's highly possible we see a transfer or 2 in the next month or so.
Hasn't the deadline to enter the portal passed? A transfer this late would mean they miss out on the chance to play immediately and have to sit out anyway, no?