Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
MICHHAWK

Re: Totally random thread

Post by MICHHAWK »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:24 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:44 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:24 pm I'm not loosing sleep over it, but you'd be crazy not to think there'd be blow-back on this.
Not sure deviants and malcontents blubbering on the interwebs counts as blow-back.
Plenty of national media backlash.

But I know, the folks don't read the Atlantic or the Guardian.
no. the folks are taking the kids to their sports. making smores. having a boat ride. playing 9 holes. helping a neighbor. volunteering.

kris cuomo going off doesn't count.
Last edited by MICHHAWK on Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

We can only imagine mich’s reaction if the guy dodging taxes and blowing money on frivolous space vacations was also poor on food stamps.

He didn’t use his gummint stimulus money to pay for that shit, did he?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:48 am
PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:24 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:44 pm

Not sure deviants and malcontents blubbering on the interwebs counts as blow-back.
Plenty of national media backlash.

But I know, the folks don't read the Atlantic or the Guardian.
no. the folks are taking the kids to their sports. making smores. having a boat ride. playing 9 holes. helping a neighbor. volunteering.

kris cuomo going off doesn't count.
Well, I was driving to work yesterday, listening to some sweet tunes on the FM radio, wind blowing in my hair, and within my ~12 minute commute, I heard two different DJs on different stations report the news and make jokes at Branson's expense.

Like I said, I'm not losing sleep over it. They can do whatever they want with their money. But, I understand why some are not thrilled about the timing and manner in which this happened, and it was predictable.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What’s the carbon footprint of a spaceship?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Less than his airline? Less than the army of amazon delivery drivers?
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Those things have more utility, too, than a joyride to space
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Do they? For transportation of goods maybe. But is taking a vacation via airline any different than his vacation to the outer atmosphere?
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Or are we going to be anti vacation now? I dont fly, i hate it and ive only been on planes twice since 2002. I think airlines are a scourge on our environment and they get bailed out time and time again.

Are they better than a one off trip to the edge of space?
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the looney left is anti everything now. except sitting on their computer and b!tc#!ng about anything and everything. they like that.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:39 am the looney left is anti everything now. except sitting on their computer and b!tc#!ng about anything and everything. they like that.
sounds like you'd fit in with the looney left just fine.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:40 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:39 am the looney left is anti everything now. except sitting on their computer and b!tc#!ng about anything and everything. they like that.
sounds like you'd fit in with the looney left just fine.
right?

mich bitches about as much as anyone else on here
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:34 am Do they? For transportation of goods maybe. But is taking a vacation via airline any different than his vacation to the outer atmosphere?
i agree with you, and am having an internal struggle just thinking about the plane tickets to Italy (or wherever)

question though, do you ever do things to make your wife happy that you don’t really agree with?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:58 am
TDub wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:34 am Do they? For transportation of goods maybe. But is taking a vacation via airline any different than his vacation to the outer atmosphere?
i agree with you, and am having an internal struggle just thinking about the plane tickets to Italy (or wherever)

question though, do you ever do things to make your wife happy that you don’t really agree with?
Of course.

Im not against others taking vacations. I hate planes for multiple reasons, but i realize they have become a necessary part of our society and seeing other parts of the world also has value. I do think we should allow them to fail instead of bailing them out repeatedly. It would lead to long term improvements of the service.

It wasnt an example to say i think we should demonize plane travel necessarily, it was more a counterpoint to ous complaining about rich people.....not obscenely rich people fly too and the operationof those airlines probably has a larger carbon footprint than Branson taking a non traditional trip.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What long term improvements of the service do you think are possible?

It’s crazy that the improvements needed may be as simple as, “quit it with the stock buybacks and use your own money to bail your ass out.”
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

More efficient operation so they dont go belly up, nore efficient engines that burn less fuel? Why did you pick that sentence of my post to conviently move the goalposts?
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

if like to see more R&D into alternative propulsion modes, personally
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

waitng on that alien anti grav technology
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ugh.

I wasn’t trying to move the goalposts. I was trying to kick one right through the uprights.

Didn’t we have this same discussion about big pharma the other day too?

These major corporations invest more into buybacks and bonuses than they do into actual R&D
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:16 pm waitng on that alien anti grav technology
Regarding all these UFO sightings, are we better off if they’re actual extraterrestrial aliens, or if it’s China or Russia or someone with some freaky technology we don’t even know about yet?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

But the beef you had was with bransons carbon footprint on his trip to the edge of space. Not about the efficiency of airlines. I countered that with everyday citizen travel and now youre running away with the goalposts again.
Just Ledoux it