The Great Outdoors

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 89

Re: The Great Outdoors

Post by Deleted User 89 »

when doing field work abroad we would always go with instant coffee...nescafé 3-in-1, or the like, suffices and is much easier cleanup (and safer for wildlife)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

1. a. 42 beers is a pretty good number.
b. I plan to catch a helluva lot more fish than 1.5 tho. I’ll also say 42 and go a beer a fish about it.
c. I’ll normally eat 2-3 brats per meal so I’ll say 2.5. And the next night we’re making tacos! O/U on them set at 6.5.

2. a. beer bong! Rum is kind of a weird drink, and it’s good for pirate shenanigans, but honestly I pretty much quit drinking it when I was like 19.

b. Water temp is cool, maybe even chilly. I’ll guess high 50s - it’ll feel nice to jump in during the warm part of the day when we’re already like 15 beers down cuz we’ve been drinking since sunup, but maybe don’t wanna be in it for long.

3. Break up with her

4. Piss it out, which shouldn’t be difficult after 42 beers

5. Pour-over cone filter for hot fresh brew in the mornings, cans of cold brew if I need an afternoon pick me up
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:58 am i don’t think the physics will work, re: walking the plank off of a canoe...depending on the length of the plank a buoyancy of the canoe
Yeah, it might take a little engineering.

Figure a 4 foot bored straight off the bow. With another bro, er, pirate at the far end, it should balance at least long enough for 99 to walk it. The big issue will be just securely fastening it so it doesn’t come lose mid-walk
Deleted User 89

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:03 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:58 am i don’t think the physics will work, re: walking the plank off of a canoe...depending on the length of the plank a buoyancy of the canoe
Yeah, it might take a little engineering.

Figure a 4 foot bored straight off the bow. With another bro, er, pirate at the far end, it should balance at least long enough for 99 to walk it. The big issue will be just securely fastening it so it doesn’t come lose mid-walk
lol...your gonna need out-riggers for your plank
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well, that’s the fun part.

Even if he wobbles off before the end of the plank, 99 was getting dunked either way
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And dangit, beav borrowed a sup from somebody, but forgot to also borrow a PFD.

Buncha fucking amateurs.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

a. 19
b. 1
c. 3.5
2. a. Rum
b. Hell yes.
3. 0.5
4. Tell him not to but not get out of my camp chair
5. Brew it hot on a camp stove
Deleted User 89

it’s a pay-for article, but looks good

https://conbio.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/ ... cobi.13469
Deleted User 89

incredibly fascinating, with evidence that supports the use of non-lethal mitigation measures for wolves and cougars
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

How many brauts did ousdahl smash?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

3 brats. Called it!

Also 5 tacos, a bunch of whiskey, a couple vodka sodas, and like 42 beers.

Only caught 1 fish though. On like the third cast too. Didn’t get to fish much besides that.

Then the rest of the trip was spent trying to help other people catch fish, trying to babysit a bunch of amateurs not used to camping in the backcountry with bears, and drinking 42 beers.

But it was fun getting some homies outdoors who aren’t used to that kinda outdoors.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Soooo, 99 was pretty spot on
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, but next time you drink could you remember to not throw tortilla chips all over the place? That’s gonna create problems with the critters. I stayed up late to clean up the site after you passed out in the hammock.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I didn't pay attention to how many days/nights you'd be out there.
My answers were all assuming one full day/night which gave me 3.5 brauts, 1 fish and 19 beers.
Deleted User 89

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Nice
Broham
Deleted User 89

Happy World Snake Day!

be thankful for reduction of plague, hanta virus and other rodent-borne pathogens
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:17 am Happy World Snake Day!

be thankful for reduction of plague, hanta virus and other rodent-borne pathogens
If only they ate all those damn religious people, then we'd really be set!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

They don’t eat them, they just trick them religious folk into eating the forbidden fruit.

You know, cuz the God of Abraham is all powerful and all loving and all knowing, but also petty enough to cancel you over an apple
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:23 am They don’t eat them, they just trick them religious folk into eating the forbidden fruit.

You know, cuz the God of Abraham is all powerful and all loving and all knowing, but also petty enough to cancel you over an apple
🤣🤣🤣

Potd.