COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
randylahey

Re: Self has Covid

Post by randylahey »

half the country isn't vaccinated. because they realize most relatively healthy people face no real risk from covid. the vaccinations are experimental and not all that effective. you can get vaccinated and still get covid. you can get vaccinated and experience sideaffects from the vaccine (including death) or you can get covid and experience no symptoms whatsoever. or you could avoid getting either if youre lucky.

this country is so fucked and politically wired. the vaccine should be everyones own personal choice and nobody elses business or concern
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

randylahey wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:18 pm half the country isn't vaccinated. because they realize most relatively healthy people face no real risk from covid. the vaccinations are experimental and not all that effective. you can get vaccinated and still get covid. you can get vaccinated and experience sideaffects from the vaccine (including death) or you can get covid and experience no symptoms whatsoever. or you could avoid getting either if youre lucky.

this country is so fucked and politically wired. the vaccine should be everyones own personal choice and nobody elses business or concern
t

Please don't speak for the entire "half the country" that isn't vaccinated.
Different people have different reasons for not being vaccinated.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Sparko »

The doctors of economics have weighed in on both sides. I'll stick with the Keynesians.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:26 pm
randylahey wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:18 pm half the country isn't vaccinated. because they realize most relatively healthy people face no real risk from covid. the vaccinations are experimental and not all that effective. you can get vaccinated and still get covid. you can get vaccinated and experience sideaffects from the vaccine (including death) or you can get covid and experience no symptoms whatsoever. or you could avoid getting either if youre lucky.

t

please dont speak for all gutter rats
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

No.

There's a shi*-ton of not-true and mis-characterization in your post.

I can't chase it all. Don't have the time or inclination.

Sorry for you, man, cuz if you're not vaxed, this could likely end very badly for you.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

randylahey wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:55 pm
NotGutterGutter wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:26 pm

t

please dont speak for all gutter rats
I'd rather speak for all gutter rats and be right than speak for "half the country" and be wrong but hey, sorry I said anything. Was just tryin' to help.
Please carry on.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Some people aren’t vaccinated because they are repellant dicks. Others are foolish and stupid. Some like drama. A few want it but are allergic.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Shut up dummy.
randylahey wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:18 pm half the country isn't vaccinated. because they realize most relatively healthy people face no real risk from covid.
Not true, and it appears to be getting worse with the delta variant. Lot's of young people have issues and we don't know what the long term effects are.
randylahey wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:18 pm thevaccinations are experimental and not all that effective.
the vaccines are not "experimental, and they're 95% effective at reducing infections 95% effective at reducing hospitalizations and almost 100% effective at reducing deaths. How in the fuck is that not effective?
randylahey wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:18 pm you can get vaccinated and still get covid. you can get vaccinated and experience sideaffects from the vaccine (including death) or you can get covid and experience no symptoms whatsoever. or you could avoid getting either if youre lucky.
look at the numbers. The chances of having problems from the virus are ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE HIGHER THAN GETTING THEM FROM THE VACCINE.

You're an idiot, good luck with the virus.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Matt Damon gets it. Too bad randy ain't this smart.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/mat ... 06521.html
I have a couple friends who are immunocompromised and they can’t get the vaccine, so they have no choice but to rely on the rest of us to do our part to get to herd immunity.

Trust science 'more than something you read on Facebook'

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Randy taking a run at lobster for dumbest fuck on the internet?

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Maybe Randy was wrong about it being a political issue (gasp)

Hospitalized with Covid, a conservative Tennessee radio host shifts his message to urge vaccinations.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/24/worl ... virus.html

Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Friendly crowd around here tonight....
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I'm done being friendly.

It's unconscionable that people aren't getting vaccinated and we need to stop coddling immoral decisions due to stupidity.

Deleted User 863

Do you shame people over the flu shot each year?

There is a decent chance covid is here to stay, just like the flu. We may never get it totally under control.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Much like Texas.

You might not want to blame someone for being dumb. But we sure as hell can blame them for ignoring facts and behaving in a way that hurts others, that hurts our economy, that increases health care costs wtc.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:48 pm Do you shame people over the flu shot each year?

There is a decent chance covid is here to stay, just like the flu. We may never get it totally under control.
Flu is not as deadly.

Flu is not as infectious.

Flu doesn't shut down economy or close businesses.

Flu doesn't have long term effects.

Flu isn't a new pathogen so we have SOME level of immunity.

The Flu vaccine is less effective.

There's not an active campaign of lies directed at the Flu vaccine.

That said, everyone should get an annual Flu shot. It's the morally correct thing to do. You're an asshole if you don't. But the consequences of not getting one are much less severe.

Deleted User 863

PhDhawk wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:53 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:48 pm Do you shame people over the flu shot each year?

Flu is not as deadly.

That said, everyone should get an annual Flu shot. It's the morally correct thing to do. You're an asshole if you don't. But the consequences of not getting one are much less severe.
I don't disagree with any of that. I was just curious how you treat people who don't get flu shots.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Fairly. Proportionate to the danger.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:55 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:53 pm

Flu is not as deadly.

I don't disagree with any of that. I was just curious how you treat people who don't get flu shots.
Honestly, I've never met anyone who bragged about not getting a flu shot. And I've certainly never seen anyone discourage others from getting it.

Those are the types of questions you should be asking the assholes who won'tget vaccinated, like are you also afraid of the tetanus shot? Do you make shit up about the tetanus vaccine too?
Last edited by PhDhawk on Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Dude hasn't been shaming jack. If you've been around at all on the board, he's offered learned insight as to all aspects of the virus, development of vaxes in gen'l, development of the covid vaxes in particular, the statistical variances in infection and morbidity for vaxed and un-vaxed, and the implications of acceptance or refusal of the vaxes for local and broader populations. Among other things.

Covid is not comparable to the flu. That's a childish deflection.

Just stop. You look foolish.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...