COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
randylahey

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:25 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:14 am obviously, neither mich nor randy have moved on...despite their proclamations to the contrary
What's killing me is that while Randy insists that Covid is not dangerous and not a big deal and insults anyone who says otherwise as a coward. Then he simultaneously defends people who don't get vaccinated out of fear of safety.

The virus has killed more than 4 million people
The vaccine has been loosely associated with a tiny number of deaths after 3 Billion doses.

Yet you're a pussy if you think Covid matters and a heroic patriot if you are scared of a safe shot.
You're misunderstanding. Im defending people's right to not get vaccinated because it really isn't necessary. Has nothing to do with whether or not they are afraid of vaccine risk
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

well that's dumb and wrong.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

If a person can takes a realistic look at covid itself they should realize that the odds of it not having much of an effect on them are overwhelmingly in their favor. So its logical for them to decide they don't really need the vaccine. Its their choice
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

This thread is turning more and more into a PHD support thread. How do we convince this guy its going to be ok
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Things are not ok for 611,000 and their families. And that's just the US.
Broham
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

c’mon, randy!

i thought you’d turned the page and had moved on?

yet, here you are...
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:47 am Things are not ok for 611,000 and their families. And that's just the US.
A big percentage of those deaths were people that likely could have died this year anyway. Covid deaths are overwhelmingly people in poor health due to age, medical conditions, etc. Yes death is sad, but just a normal part of the human experience
Deleted User 89

so dumb

edit: it’s like randy only hears/reads parts of posts that support his narrow view
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:25 am c’mon, randy!

yet, here you are...
Its become too entertaining. PHD needs daddy here to remind him it'll be ok
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/n ... 1023331824
The average life expectancy in the United States is 9.1 years for 80-year-old white women and 7.0 years for 80-year-old white men.
Probably wouldn't have died THIS year.

Deleted User 89

randylahey wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:48 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:25 am c’mon, randy!

yet, here you are...
Its become too entertaining. PHD needs daddy here to remind him it'll be ok
riiiight...
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:49 am https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/n ... 1023331824
The average life expectancy in the United States is 9.1 years for 80-year-old white women and 7.0 years for 80-year-old white men.
What kind of nonsense is this statistic? If you hit 80 you live for an average of either 9.1/7 more years? You do realize 89.1 or 87 is well over life expectancy right
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:30 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:49 am https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/n ... 1023331824
What kind of nonsense is this statistic? If you hit 80 you live for an average of either 9.1/7 more years? You do realize 89.1 or 87 is well over life expectancy right
You just can't help but show how stupid you are can you?

You don't unerstand mathematics AT All and that's the problem.

I didn't make that number up, It's there in the New England Journal of Medicine, a peer-reviewed journal.

Life expectancy in the US is about 78 years. But that number includes people who died as infants, or as teenagers, or in their 50s as well as people who lived to be 100. But people dying young, whether it be from accidents or natural causes brings that number down. If you're 74 it doesn't mean you only have 4 years to live, an individual's life expectancy slides up as they get older. It's very simple and obvious mathematics.

A person who is 45 has a longer life expectancy overall than a person who is 25. Because a person who is 25 could die during the next 20 years but the person who's 45 has already cleared that hurdle. So it's statistically more likely that the 45 year old will live to a higher age (not live longer from today than, but be older at the time of death than) the 25 year old.

If you are 80, the 78 year life expectancy is irrelevant. You're past that point. So when you take 80 year olds and estimate how much longer they'll live, for white males in the US it's 7 more years, and for white females in the US it's about 9 years.

The point being the average 80 isn't just sitting around waiting to die, (sure some are, but many will live another 5, 10, 15, or 20 years)

This highlights a bigger problem. when you're too dumb to understand something factual instead of trying to figure it out, you just assume it's wrong. I mean, you could've clicked the link and tried to understand but you didn't because you're dumb.

Deleted User 89

it’s not even willful ignorance at this point, it’s defiant ignorance

some “good”, factual stuff in here

https://us17.campaign-archive.com/?u=2c ... df5b9a5e0f

the situation in Africa though...ugh

Image (shoutout to researchers at the U of U for the animation)

“The message to those who remain unvaccinated should be: Don’t let the virus use you to harm others.”
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i'm fully vaccinated. i no longer recognize the mans mandates. he can stickem.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

I wish the USA had implemented some sort of phone APP like other countries did so that you could have a virutal vaccination card. The one we've been issued is too big for a wallet. I usually just keep a photo of it on my phone.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 89

mich is such a rebel [without a cause]
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

sdoyel wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:38 pm I wish the USA had implemented some sort of phone APP like other countries did so that you could have a virutal vaccination card. The one we've been issued is too big for a wallet. I usually just keep a photo of it on my phone.
in your day to day, has someone asked you to produce your vaxx card?
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:48 pm
sdoyel wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:38 pm I wish the USA had implemented some sort of phone APP like other countries did so that you could have a virutal vaccination card. The one we've been issued is too big for a wallet. I usually just keep a photo of it on my phone.
No, but that doesn't mean it won't happen in the future. Then again you crazies don't like "government control"...
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:48 pm
Yes. Not mine exactly but my wife’s. She is traveling overseas and the airline had her upload proof of vaccination and negative Covid test as a condition of boarding (destination government rules). If I was the passenger then they would have asked for my card.

Also my PCP asked to upload as soon as we got vaccinated for our medical record