COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by jfish26 »

I wish there were vaccine passports. I wish there were real-life consequences (inconvenience; not getting to do fun shit) for people pig-headedly refusing the vaccine.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

We won’t go back. We won’t mask our children. Joe Biden and his Administration learned nothing from the last year. Brave Americans learned how to safely and responsibly live and fight back. Don’t surrender to COVID. Don’t go back! Why do Democrats distrust the science?Don’t let this happen to our children or our Country.
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/news-vtpnfpezvc0
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:08 pm I wish there were vaccine passports. I wish there were real-life consequences (inconvenience; not getting to do fun shit) for people pig-headedly refusing the vaccine.
This is getting ridiculous
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:08 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:08 pm I wish there were vaccine passports. I wish there were real-life consequences (inconvenience; not getting to do fun shit) for people pig-headedly refusing the vaccine.
Why? Fuck people who are simply choosing to not get the shot. I don't think they should be forced to get the shot, but neither should they be entitled to suffer absolutely no consequences for it.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

sdoyel wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:38 pm I wish the USA had implemented some sort of phone APP like other countries did so that you could have a virutal vaccination card. The one we've been issued is too big for a wallet. I usually just keep a photo of it on my phone.
I think you will start seeing apps that will have you upload a photo of your vax card and it will generate a QR code or some kind of "you're vaccinated" identification, whether that comes from private industry (like stadiums) or different government entities.

I was in a few different countries (thank you vaccine) in all of July and that is how it worked in each. Simple and necessary.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I am honestly baffled today over any non-vaxed Kansas Citian bitching about the reinstatement of the mask mandate.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:24 pm
I am honestly baffled today over any non-vaxed Kansas Citian bitching about the reinstatement of the mask mandate.
I'd tattoo the QR code on my goddamn forehead. I hate masks. I am so mad that I will have to wear masks again, and my kids will have to wear masks in school again, because the own-the-libs chuds won't take a fucking shot.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I support taking the vaccine.
I was very quick to get mine as soon as I could and have encouraged all to do the same.

I would not show a vaccine passport and would be adamantly opposed to one despite my having got it.
Nope.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Masks are definitely being worn more often in the DFW area. Just got back from the grocery store and definitely noticed an uptick in mask-wearing.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:18 pm
Why? Fuck people who are simply choosing to not get the shot. I don't think they should be forced to get the shot, but neither should they be entitled to suffer absolutely no consequences for it.
Because its fucking ridiculous.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:00 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:18 pm

Because its fucking ridiculous.
Being this far into this pandemic and still having to deal with this at this level is what is ridiculous.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

my kids will have to wear masks in school again, because the own-the-libs chuds won't take a fucking shot.
This is basically where I’m at on the whole ordeal.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

A lot of people will never get the shot. vaccine passports will only further divide the country. not what we need right now
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I think those who won't get the shot should be kept from polite society. THis is a political riff that went too far. First it was a way to open the country too early; now it is a spiteful attempt to tank the economy. If you find yourself arguing on the side of Trump, you are a step away from insanity and Hell.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Oh. Good. Sparko is here. Thatll be the voice of reason.
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Oh great Tdub is high on "freedom." Your freedom ends at harming others.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Im vaccinated dumbass
Just Ledoux it
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Lol

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Masks don't bother me much.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:01 pm Masks don't bother me much.
They don't bother me "much" either but they do bother me some.
I have no idea and my guess is the CDC and Surgeon General really had no idea EXACTLY how lifting mask mandates would really affect EVERYONE. We got to the point where they felt it was ok to tell people they didn't "need" to wear them anymore. Now it's hard not to question the decision that was made AT THAT TIME.
I have a bad feeling there will be much more of a shitshow if "mandates" become the norm again across much of the country. If so, I feel bad for the business owners and their employees who are forced to try and enforce them.

My company is now making it mandatory to wear a mask in the office when we are not in our personal offices and/or at our desks. That in addition to having to be vaccinated.
People aren't happy and it will be interesting to see if people adhere to the mask rule without their being "policed".