COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
MICHHAWK

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by MICHHAWK »

i am vaccinated. i will boycott any/all business that has a mask mandate.

i am vaccinated. i am done with the mask.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I did hear on the TV that vaccinated people are more likely to die from a lightning strike than covid. So at least that's comforting.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:04 am i am vaccinated. i will boycott any/all business that has a mask mandate.

You say "I" more than any person I know.
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’m just thrilled that now mich is suddenly some champion of consumer rights
kubowler99

Post by kubowler99 »

My wife, me, and my 3 teenagers are all fully vaccinated. My wife just tested positive.

Our friend is also vaccinated, and her two kids (not vaccinated due to age) were in town last Wed-Sat. My wife asked multiple times if she was okay doing things, and if so, would she prefer masking up (again, I live in the STL area, and Missouri is a shitshow right now). She said they're fine and she's not worried. They mainly did outdoor stuff, although they did try an escape room Friday (it was only them and the attendant (masked) in the room).

Cut to Monday and my wife feels like crap with a cough and congestion. Got the word of the positive test Tuesday night. So far, our friends and their kids are fine.

But being fucking vaccinated doesn't mean you won't catch it, nor does it mean you won't be a spreader of the disease.

Wear a fucking mask and stop being so damned selfish. It isn't just about you. PERIOD.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

12 months ago i was selfish if i did not: stay home, social distance, wash my hands, mask up

6 months ago i was selfish if i did not: stay home, social distance, wash my hands, mask up, get vaxxed

today i am selfish if i do not: mask up after vaxxed

sorry man. your time is up.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Mich doesn’t wash his hands, ew
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:29 am 12 months ago i was selfish if i did not: stay home, social distance, wash my hands, mask up

6 months ago i was selfish if i did not: stay home, social distance, wash my hands, mask up, get vaxxed

Six, in a single post.
Broham
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:13 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:04 am i am vaccinated. i will boycott any/all business that has a mask mandate.

You say "I" more than any person I know.
And folks
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

He hit on something I somewhat alluded to about an hour ago.

Deleted User 887

Of course you will. You'll happily fuck over good people who need money just because they follow the "rules" and you don't like the "rules".
How American of you!
Deleted User 887

kubowler99 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:15 am My wife, me, and my 3 teenagers are all fully vaccinated. My wife just tested positive.

Our friend is also vaccinated, and her two kids (not vaccinated due to age) were in town last Wed-Sat. My wife asked multiple times if she was okay doing things, and if so, would she prefer masking up (again, I live in the STL area, and Missouri is a shitshow right now). She said they're fine and she's not worried. They mainly did outdoor stuff, although they did try an escape room Friday (it was only them and the attendant (masked) in the room).

Cut to Monday and my wife feels like crap with a cough and congestion. Got the word of the positive test Tuesday night. So far, our friends and their kids are fine.

But being fucking vaccinated doesn't mean you won't catch it, nor does it mean you won't be a spreader of the disease.

Wear a fucking mask and stop being so damned selfish. It isn't just about you. PERIOD.
Sorry to hear/read about your wife!
Reminds me of yesterday when two kids that I know (late teens) told me they were going to Lollapalooza and said they had to go get tested (requirement for non-vaccinated people to show proof of recent NEGATIVE test result) yesterday afternoon.
I said to them, I don't want to pry and you may have personal reasons but can I ask you why you choose not to get vaccinated. One didn't respond in any manner and the other one just shrugged his shoulders.
I started to try and explain to them that it's not just them who getting vaccinated affects but then thought if they don't get it (nor care) by now, then they probably never will.
Deleted User 887

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:29 am 12 months ago i was selfish if i did not: stay home, social distance, wash my hands, mask up

"sorry man. your time is up."
How ironic will it be if/when YOU or someone you love hears those exact words from a Doc in a hospital because YOU or someone you love simply refused to wear a mask?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

me and everyone i love is vaxxed.

nice try.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

kubowler99 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:15 am My wife, me, and my 3 teenagers are all fully vaccinated. My wife just tested positive.

I hope your wife is over it soon.
Broham
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:06 am me and everyone i love is vaxxed.

nice try.
Break-through infections are real. And they suck. But maybe that's what it'll take for you.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:11 am Break-through infections are real. And they suck. But maybe that's what it'll take for you.
for me to what?

to date i have done everything the man has asked of me.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

the level of selfishness being displayed is truly amazing

evolution happens, particularly when at least 30% of the adults in this country are knuckle-draggers and facilitating the spread of a virus that is, by all practical measures, an entirely different beast than what we dealt with previously

and this cycle will only continue to repeat itself while ignorance and selfishness reign in the wealthy countries
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Is it really an "entirely different beast"? It is more infectious, but numbers seem to indicate it isn't any more deadly.....and it's almost not deadly at all for vaccinated individuals.

So as much as we agree on almost all things covid, i do think some of the hysteria and fear mongering gets a little out of control at times. Not speaking about you, since you're not hysterical and don't do the fear mongering, just speaking in general.

Imo there is no reason to even be discussing new lockdowns or mandated vaccination at this point.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

who is proposing lockdowns?

and yes, practically speaking it IS a different beast...its level of transmissibility alone makes it notably different from the original strain

obviously, it’s a semantic argument of sorts, but if it wasn’t so different i doubt we’d even be having this discussion because we wouldn’t see rates of infections, hospitalizations and deaths rising...even with the behavior of numbskulls

also, i specifically included the practical aspect because in the grand biological scheme it isn’t all that different, but the “on the ground” effect requires renewed mitigation efforts