COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
twocoach

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:02 am
twocoach wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:00 am
zsn wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:32 am After 11Sep2001 we enacted additional sensible security measures to prevent a similar occurrence. Some may argue that there were measures which went a bit far (removing shoes) but for the most part we all complied/comply.

The jingoistic drummers (Freedom Fries) are the same ones now actively trying to undermine safety measures in the face of a crisis that has killed 150 times as many and is showing no signs of relenting.

Did they have the same “well there isn’t a huge likelihood of another airplane related incident so we’ll let people make their own decisions about bringing guns and box cutters on board. It’s all about FREEDOM” arguments then? WTF.
If people had any inkling the amount of personal privacy and freedom they handed over to the Patriot Act after 9/11, they'd feel like idiots at what they are protesting now.

https://www.aclu.org/other/surveillance ... atriot-act
Yes. That shouldve been protested harder. That was a power grab by an opportunistic governement
Freedumb
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

It set a bad precedent. Thats my biggest concern about the current state of affairs. Its easy to give stuff up for th me "greater good". Problem is you NEVER get that back. Once its gone....its gone.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

And it provides a launching point for the next round of restrictions whwnever that may come
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Florida Emerges As Epicenter Of COVID Outbreak: ‘Numbers Are Unbelievably Frightening'

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2021/07/30/c ... mer-spike/
“Eighty to eighty-five percent of those people who are hospitalized are unvaccinated. And 100 percent of the people in my IUC are unvaccinated. All those people are suffering unnecessarily.”

“Most of the patients are in their 30s and 40s and it is very sad to have someone die in the ICU by themselves without a touch of someone’s face of seeing loved ones,” said Juana Mejia, a COVID ICU nurse manager.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Sheesh.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

So why aren’t the usual suspects lining up to repeal the Patriot Act? Because it was designed to thwart brown people? Why aren’t the Greg Abbots of the world fighting for the rights of non-passengers to go to the airport gates?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

twocoach wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:03 am
TDub wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:02 am
twocoach wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:00 am

If people had any inkling the amount of personal privacy and freedom they handed over to the Patriot Act after 9/11, they'd feel like idiots at what they are protesting now.

https://www.aclu.org/other/surveillance ... atriot-act
Yes. That shouldve been protested harder. That was a power grab by an opportunistic governement
Freedumb
Exactly. The devolution of the Republican Party is nearing completion
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

zsn wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:41 pm So why aren’t the usual suspects lining up to repeal the Patriot Act? Because it was designed to thwart brown people? Why aren’t the Greg Abbots of the world fighting for the rights of non-passengers to go to the airport gates?
We should be. Its not about thwarting brown people its aboht shifting control to the powers of government. It shouldve been rejected immediately.
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

TDub wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:49 pm
zsn wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:41 pm So why aren’t the usual suspects lining up to repeal the Patriot Act? Because it was designed to thwart brown people? Why aren’t the Greg Abbots of the world fighting for the rights of non-passengers to go to the airport gates?
We should be. Its not about thwarting brown people its aboht shifting control to the powers of government. It shouldve been rejected immediately.
In the immortal words of DC, lulz!

Republicans have no issues about shifting control to the powers of government as long as they are the ones doing the controlling. Before you retort with “so are the Dems” I’ll save you the trouble. Dems believe in some government control. It’s just that the Pubs are sharply hypocritical as evidenced by their reaction to the Patriot Act vs Covid response. Fully transitioned to a death cult.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

zsn wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:30 pm
TDub wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:49 pm
In the immortal words of DC, lulz!

Republicans have no issues about shifting control to the powers of government as long as they are the ones doing the controlling. Before you retort with “so are the Dems” I’ll save you the trouble. Dems believe in some government control. It’s just that the Pubs are sharply hypocritical as evidenced by their reaction to the Patriot Act vs Covid response. Fully transitioned to a death cult.
Im telling you my opinion. Before you retort with...but the republicans.(too late).. I dont give a damn what the Republicans or democrats want. Im not a republican nor a democrat. To hell with all of em.

The patriot act set a terrible precedent for the addition of government control primarily by using fear. Once those changes are made they will only be built upon and interwoven into the fabric of society. They will not be undone.

Sound familiar at all?

This is why I am for the vaccine but against government mandates, passports and other thinly veiled infringements meant to further control, divide and seize power from the public.

You must love Dutuerte though, helluva guy.
Just Ledoux it
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I don't know how old TDub is, but I remember 9/11 like it was yesterday. I had just dropped off my daughter at Kindergarten. The Patriot Act probably saved lives that we don't know, but I do remember talking to my sister who lived/lives overseas on my Mom's landline for years, and I remember hearing clicks. I thought, maybe the government is listening to me. That didn't affect my liberty interests, and, now, you can obtain an i.d. card to avoid the mess anyway.

I traveled a lot. It didn't bother me to be screened, until I heard that TSA's equipment might be worthless.

You cannot be in favor of the vaccine but against "mandates." The Delta variant is ravaging Missouri. Why? Because idiots won't take the vaccine. Most are uninsured. Those are my tax dollars. It is now primed to close our courthouses again. The accused are sitting in jails waiting for trials because "speedy trials" have been suspended, unless one agrees to waive a jury trial. Now, potentially innocent "folks" are taking pleas for things they did not do, only to be incarcerated in crowded prisons, where Covid-19 is rampant. Those inmates need medical care. Those are my tax dollars. Because the courts are closed, insurance companies are settling claims with meritorious legal defenses. Those are my premiums. The list is endless.

There is nothing about mandating vaccines that infringes upon a citizen's liberty. It is the other way around.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Well put Leawood. Even if the above mentioned idiots are insured it’s still our premiums.

A few pages ago I made a semi-facetious proposal about declining coverage for those who willfully declined the vaccine. Maybe it’s actually worth considering!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I was in college during 9/11. Remember it well.

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/07/us/s ... civil.html

I love when people tell me what i can snd cant think. Of course i can be pro vaccine and anti mandate, forceful application and passports. I can and I am.
Just Ledoux it
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

What about state governments overruling local government (i.e. over mask mandates). Isn’t this anti-Republican?

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

A friend of mine came to KC over Fourth of July weekend to see a Royals game and hang out in Westport. He had moved to Wyoming about 15 years ago so we don't see each other much any more other than meeting when he comes back for BBQ or baseball or he drives down from WY and we meet in Denver. I turned down the invitation to meet in Westport, I warned him about the situation here in MO with covid running rampant. His son posted on his facebook page on Friday night that he has been in the ICU for the last two weeks. They put him in a sedated coma, he is intubated and on a ventilator. No idea yet if he will live.

Fuck.....I don't know where he went while he was here, but I am glad I wasn't there.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

TDub: I respect the rights of others to not get a vaccine and go maskless and endanger the health others. Same goes for school vaccines.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

If there is no mandate, I am 100% for vaccine passports. Your right to be a moran does not override my right to stay healthy.
Broham
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

Hate to jinx myself but if I didn't contract the virus yesterday then I probably never will.