COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
sdoyel

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by sdoyel »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:01 am If there is no mandate, I am 100% for vaccine passports. Your right to be a moran does not override my right to stay healthy.
Amen to that.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:01 am If there is no mandate, I am 100% for vaccine passports. Your right to be a moran does not override my right to stay healthy.
I am fine with that too....but i fear it's a slippery slope. I would rather leave it up to individual businesses to make their own choices (no shoes no shirt no service type stuff)...and if they don't require proof of vaccination then people don't have to frequent those establishments.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I almost never feel bad for plaintiffs' lawyers, but I can't imagine the amount of dumb phone calls they are getting right now regarding "HIPPA" violations.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Leawood wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:09 pm I don't know how old TDub is, but I remember 9/11 like it was yesterday. I had just dropped off my daughter at Kindergarten. The Patriot Act probably saved lives that we don't know, but I do remember talking to my sister who lived/lives overseas on my Mom's landline for years, and I remember hearing clicks. I thought, maybe the government is listening to me. That didn't affect my liberty interests, and, now, you can obtain an i.d. card to avoid the mess anyway.

I traveled a lot. It didn't bother me to be screened, until I heard that TSA's equipment might be worthless.

You cannot be in favor of the vaccine but against "mandates." The Delta variant is ravaging Missouri. Why? Because idiots won't take the vaccine. Most are uninsured. Those are my tax dollars. It is now primed to close our courthouses again. The accused are sitting in jails waiting for trials because "speedy trials" have been suspended, unless one agrees to waive a jury trial. Now, potentially innocent "folks" are taking pleas for things they did not do, only to be incarcerated in crowded prisons, where Covid-19 is rampant. Those inmates need medical care. Those are my tax dollars. Because the courts are closed, insurance companies are settling claims with meritorious legal defenses. Those are my premiums. The list is endless.

There is nothing about mandating vaccines that infringes upon a citizen's liberty. It is the other way around.
Very good post.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

If there is no mandate, I am 100% for people signing waivers to refuse medical treatment if they choose to not get vaccinated and contract covid. I'd hate to see non-covid emergencies unable to be treated due to capacity overflows due to covid cases.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:35 am
If there is no mandate, I am 100% for people signing waivers to refuse medical treatment if they choose to not get vaccinated and contract covid. I'd hate to see non-covid emergencies unable to be treated due to capacity overflows due to covid cases.
LOL

Why would anyone sign those?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:35 am I'd hate to see non-covid emergencies unable to be treated due to capacity overflows due to covid cases.
to date, has any non covid emergency been turned away due to capacity here in the greatest country on earth? no.
Deleted User 863

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:52 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:35 am I'd hate to see non-covid emergencies unable to be treated due to capacity overflows due to covid cases.
to date, has any non covid emergency been turned away due to capacity here in the greatest country on earth? no.
I just don't understand the over the top fear mongering or silly ideas about what to do with non vaccinated people.

Just stay away from non vaccinated people if you're worried. That's what i do. I don't go to Lolapolooza or shit like that. Obviously there are situations like gutter mentioned about work where you can't avoid poeple and those get tricky. Which is why i support employers requiring the vaccine or if they don't i support their uncomfortable employees to quit and find another job. Nobody needs to be forced to do anything. Protect the vulnerable. If you aren't vaccinated i hope assisted living facilities don't allow you to be a visitor to see their residents.

I will not be seeing any of my unvaccinated family over the holidays. Oh well. I couldn't care less about them at this point. I just think people can take a lot of this responsibility on themselves in many situations instead of needing the governement to try to make all these stupid rules that are impossible to enforce.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

preventative medicine has taken a huge hit during covid

elective surgeries (you know, the ones that hospitals use to pay the bills?) have taken a huge hit during covid

don’t be an idiot
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:57 am
I just don't understand the over the top fear mongering or silly ideas about what to do with non vaccinated people.

Just stay away from non vaccinated people if you're worried. That's what i do. I don't go to Lolapolooza or shit like that. Obviously there are situations like gutter mentioned about work where you can't avoid poeple and those get tricky. Which is why i support employers requiring the vaccine or if they don't i support their uncomfortable employees to quit and find another job. Nobody needs to be forced to do anything. Protect the vulnerable. If you aren't vaccinated i hope assisted living facilities don't allow you to be a visitor to see their residents.

I will not be seeing any of my unvaccinated family over the holidays. Oh well. I couldn't care less about them at this point. I just think people can take a lot of this responsibility on themselves in many situations instead of needing the governement to try to make all these stupid rules that are impossible to enforce.
Good grief. "Just stay away from non-vaccinated people..." You have zero clue who is or isn't vaccinated.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:07 am

Good grief. "Just stay away from non-vaccinated people..." You have zero clue who is or isn't vaccinated.
You're the 1 who suggested refusing emergency medical treatment to non vaccinated people. Good grief indeed.
Deleted User 863

There are ways to be concerned about the virus and take precautions without being hysterical or presenting insane ideas.

Very vulnerable people should probably stay home for the next year or so as much as possible until it's more under control. It's inconvenient but that's the safest way to protect yourself other than getting the vaccine...and even vaccinated vulnerable people should just stay home.

I am vaccinated and feel comfortable doing just about anything. If i get sick it is likely to be mild. I am not locking myself away or throwing a hissy fit that people aren't getting vaccinated. It is what it is. This is a virus we are going to have to learn to live with. People are going to die from it. Just like they do from other viruses that exist in our world.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Why should the people doing the responsible thing be the ones not allowed to go to a concert or sporting event?

Why are we catering to the lazy, scared, idiots who refuse to be vaccinated?

If you truly want people to take responsibility for themselves you'd simply want everyone to get vaccinnated.

Forget about forced vaccinations for a second. The first thing we NEED to do, is to stop pretending the choice to not be vaccinated is a valid one. Yes, you have a choice, but this is a situation where one choice is clearly right and the other is wrong. We need to stop giving credence to the notion that this choice is somehow a subjective one. The people who don't get vaccinated are making a bad choice. Their making this situation worse than it needs to be. They're intentionally choosing to put people at a higher risk than what is necessary.
Last edited by PhDhawk on Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

it's harder to advance the agenda w/out the fear mongering. it can be done. just much harder.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

It's a bad look in the first place, but Lollapalooza supposedly required vaccines for entry.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:21 am it's harder to advance the agenda w/out the fear mongering. it can be done. just much harder.
Says a supporter of the fear mongering "the government wants to control you and strip away your freedumb".
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Unvaccinated people need to start suffering real-world consequences. I'm all in favor of a vaccine passport, at least short-term.

Want to fly? Sorry, have to be vaxed.

What to attend the baseball game? Sorry, have to be vaxed.

Want to eat in the restaurant? Sorry, have to be vaxed.

Sucks, doesn't it? Too bad!

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Eh, wrong again. It was happening all over the US last year. Where were you?

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/10 ... ncy-rooms/

https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... ambulances

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... ient-surge

https://nypost.com/2020/12/05/idaho-pen ... -covid-19/

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/he ... 0c37c48db9
Last edited by twocoach on Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:16 am There are ways to be concerned about the virus and take precautions without being hysterical or presenting insane ideas.

Very vulnerable people should probably stay home for the next year or so as much as possible until it's more under control. It's inconvenient but that's the safest way to protect yourself other than getting the vaccine...and even vaccinated vulnerable people should just stay home.

I am vaccinated and feel comfortable doing just about anything. If i get sick it is likely to be mild. I am not locking myself away or throwing a hissy fit that people aren't getting vaccinated. It is what it is. This is a virus we are going to have to learn to live with. People are going to die from it. Just like they do from other viruses that exist in our world.
But what do you do about hospital overcrowding. It's getting close to full in a lot of places, what if the number of daily infected keeps going up. At some point, the hospital can't serve everyone. Do you treat the people who selfishly and stupidly didn't get vaccinated which would have greatly reduced their need for medical attention the same as everyone else who did the right thing?

And what about healthcare costs? Should my monthly premiums go up because people not getting vaccinated drives up healthcare costs? Is that fair?

To me, learning to live with a deadly virus means that if a vaccine is readily available, you take it as a responsible informed member of the community in which you live.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:27 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:16 am There are ways to be concerned about the virus and take precautions without being hysterical or presenting insane ideas.

But what do you do about hospital overcrowding. It's getting close to full in a lot of places, what if the number of daily infected keeps going up. At some point, the hospital can't serve everyone. Do you treat the people who selfishly and stupidly didn't get vaccinated which would have greatly reduced their need for medical attention the same as everyone else who did the right thing?

And what about healthcare costs? Should my monthly premiums go up because people not getting vaccinated drives up healthcare costs? Is that fair?

To me, learning to live with a deadly virus means that if a vaccine is readily available, you take it as a responsible informed member of the community in which you live.
Ventilators goes to vaxed first. Sorry!

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦