2022 CBB Season

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 887

Re: 2022 CBB Season

Post by Deleted User 887 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:38 am Self has been working with Case for multiple years. He didn't just pick someone with his "heart" otherwise it would have been Sherron Collins on the bench....and then I'd be in the same camp as the unhappy people.

Also, Case can't be ANY worse than KT and/or Snacks who are/were/have been awful.
Did Jeremy change his first name to Charity?
Of course Self picked someone with his heart. Maybe not "just" but it is a "heart" hire.
Why would you be unhappy with SherRon? What is J(F?)C giving you that SherRon isn't?
Why are you dissing KT and/or Snacks and feel they have been/were awful?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Case has experience on the bench at Kansas.

You can't be serious with those questions.
Deleted User 887

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:40 am Nobody has named any names who would be undeniably better than Case and who also wanted to come work with Self.... if there are a thousand then it should be an easy 50 person list or so to create.
You want someone to name 50 names that would be "undeniably better" than Case?
That probably wouldn't be difficult. The difficult part is knowing who would or wouldn't want to come be a 4th guy on Self's staff. Pun not intended - but applicable.

All of us should be rooting for Case to be successful and I hope he is. Let's hope he's not a Luke.

Deleted User 863

Someone could probably name 50 people they "like" better, but nobody here is capable of evaluating someone's ability as an assistant coach by sitting at their desk on a messageboard. Self has worked with Case. Self knows who is out there and how valuable they are as a member of his staff.

Can't wait for heads to explode in another few years once Brady is also on the staff as an assistant along with Case.
Deleted User 887

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:48 am Case has experience on the bench at Kansas.

You can't be serious with those questions.
I'm 100% serious with the questions.

Did JC get the initial gig as a "charity" case? Yes? No? I don't know for sure. That's why I'm asking.

Why would you be unhappy with Sherron? Is he not knowledgable about the game? Has he not been around the program after his career? Would he not be a great "ambassador" of/for KU Basketball?

Case has been on the bench at Kansas for 4 years? On the bench? I honestly don't know. I do know he was a video coordinator. My uneducated guess is he was more valuable to the program NOT on the bench than he was while on the bench.

My last question was - Why are you dissing KT and/or Snacks and feel they have been/were awful? I'm as serious as a heart attack with that question.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:38 amAlso, Case can't be ANY worse than KT and/or Snacks who are/were/have been awful.
KT and Snacks were hired by Bill Self. Never question their ability again.
Deleted User 863

I am serious...if you think there were a thousand (or even a hundred) better candidates and Self picked Case for shits and giggles then that is an indictment of Self's competence and/or desire to lead a successful program at Kansas.

The more logical conclusion is that 1) there were not hundreds or thousands of better options and 2) Case is better than some are giving him credit for.

He just doesn't have the name recognition of an 80 year old Larry Brown.

And still nobody has named any names.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:18 am I am serious...if you think there were a thousand (or even a hundred) better candidates and Self picked Case for shits and giggles then that is an indictment of Self's competence and/or desire to lead a successful program at Kansas.
Let's extrapolate your argument here out to your other endless amounts of arguments on the rest of this board. There are people that get paid great money to make decisions in all walks of life: politics, public policy, COVID-19, law, NBA, golf, NFL, etc. You are sitting at your desk on this message board indicting their competence to make the decisions they have been paid for and entrusted with. Therefore, take a spoonful of your own medicine, and unless the topic is approving middle class mortgages in southern Illinois, stay in your lane and let the experts' quotes be the final word.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

:lol:
digitalkookie

Post by digitalkookie »

Well played CnB...bravo
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

And I of course don't mean that. It's a message board to discuss Kansas sports. Discuss away.

I absolutely do believe that if the first 3 posters to respond to the news said: "Case is a great hire, great job by Bill Self," that Illy's response would have been: "He's underqualified and Self has made bad hires before, look at KT and Snacks!" It's just kind of repetitive, otherwise I would have been happy to list out realistic candidates that I would have been happier with.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:24 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:18 am I am serious...if you think there were a thousand (or even a hundred) better candidates and Self picked Case for shits and giggles then that is an indictment of Self's competence and/or desire to lead a successful program at Kansas.
Let's extrapolate your argument here out to your other endless amounts of arguments on the rest of this board. There are people that get paid great money to make decisions in all walks of life: politics, public policy, COVID-19, law, NBA, golf, NFL, etc. You are sitting at your desk on this message board indicting their competence to make the decisions they have been paid for and entrusted with. Therefore, take a spoonful of your own medicine, and unless the topic is approving middle class mortgages in southern Illinois, stay in your lane and let the experts' quotes be the final word.
LOL

I don't live in southern IL. I live in central IL.

I don't approve mortgages. I do real estate appraisals (residential, commercial, and Agricultural RE).
Deleted User 887

The more logical conclusion is that 1) there were not hundreds or thousands of better options and 2) Case is better than some are giving him credit for.

You really need/want names? Take your choice/s.
For some crazy unknown reason (sarcasm alert) I don't see Case anywhere.

https://watchstadium.com/stadium-ranks- ... 7-13-2020/

https://www.silverwavesmedia.com/news_a ... ow/1102625
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:41 am "Case is a great hire, great job by Bill Self," that Illy's response would have been: "He's underqualified and Self has made bad hires before, look at KT and Snacks!"
You'd have been wrong.

I haven't called Case a great hire. I have no idea if he's a great hire. I just don't think he is a "bad" hire because I think Self is good at his job and he wouldn't make a "bad" hire while purposely leaving better options on the table just for the hell of it because Case is a nice guy. And i certainly don't think there are hundreds or a thousand better options than Case.

Apparently, in Self's eyes, Case earned this hire and was the best man for the job.

I honestly would love the names of the guys you think are better....but i have a sneaky feeling it'd be googling the 1st assistants from good schools who would be taking a downgrade in position on the pecking order to be our 3rd assistant. That's just not realistic imo.
Deleted User 863

NotGutterGutter wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:44 am

You really need/want names? Take your choice/s.
For some crazy unknown reason (sarcasm alert) I don't see Case anywhere.

https://watchstadium.com/stadium-ranks- ... 7-13-2020/

https://www.silverwavesmedia.com/news_a ... ow/1102625
Well first of all Case wouldn't be on a list of top current assistants because he wasn't an assistant when those articles were written.

Also, how many of those on the list are 3rd assistants? None?

Norm is on the list....but we weren't replacing Norm we were replacing Snacks.

Looks like lists of guys who would replace Norm when he retires. Not guys who would replace Snacks.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I haven't heard anyone in the program put a hierarchy on the 3 chairs. Norm is going to naturally assume the big seat in an ejection, but it's more about heading up different parts of the team and roles. The salaries are all within a couple of bucks of each other depending on where each is in their contract.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:54 am I haven't heard anyone in the program put a hierarchy on the 3 chairs. Norm is going to naturally assume the big seat in an ejection, but it's more about heading up different parts of the team and roles. The salaries are all within a couple of bucks of each other depending on where each is in their contract.
I hope you know i am not just arguing for the hell of it or being disingenuous with my replies.

It's okay to disagree on something like this.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I don't see that being any kind of deterrence to a candidate. It's all the same title, same amount of work, same money, and same program. I think if there is an obvious big reason why someone from outside the program wouldn't want to come here right now, it would be the fear that there would be significant recruiting restrictions on the horizon that would dim the coach's recruiting star.
Deleted User 902

Post by Deleted User 902 »

Hell yeah!
Deleted User 863

Gotta be Larry and Sheed, right?