Strikes

Ugh.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Strikes

Post by TDub »

I think diet coke should be free. Theyre making money off of fat people who dont need pop AND they might already be poor! Fuck coca cola
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Also. Landlords are about to be in a real tough spot when the eviction moratorium ends and 18 months of bills are due
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

If you make 75k per year no bank is going to finance a property that requires debt service of 75% of your total income. It just doesn't make any sense. You still have other bills. Water. Electricity. Garbage. Food. Miscellaneous expenses.

And tbh, banks actually finance MORE house than most can afford. They aren't exactly always overly conservative. They make money by making loans. So they will stretch if it is close.

But people making 75k a year simply can't afford million dollar houses. It sucks. I'd love a million dollar house, but i am not capable of paying for it.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:36 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:05 am I think the point though is, they buy up the tickets at face value to create a supply shortage so they can then turn around and price gouge the folks who actually wanna go to the concert
This doesn't seem to apply to the apartment rental world at all. They buy rental properties at market value so they can then turn around and rent units within the property to make money off of people who cannot afford to buy a property themselves. It's not price gouging or creating a supply shortage.
Exactly.

The housing shortage is not a conspiracy to "create" higher prices.

Ousdahl, did you learn nothing while drinking manhattans with Overlander? Next Solstice we will take an afternoon to go fishing on my little creek and I will try to splain it to you.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I think thats a lost cause japhy but good luck
Just Ledoux it
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

TDub wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:07 am I think thats a lost cause japhy but good luck
No, I think he is a pretty good fisherman.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

japhy wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:09 am
TDub wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:07 am I think thats a lost cause japhy but good luck
That i believe
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:03 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:57 am Yeah, but all that cost to the landlord is covered by the rent they collect, and then some.

They aren’t doing this out of the kindness of their hearts, and they certainly aren’t doing it at a loss.

They’re doing it to make money for themselves, at the expense of others who didn’t have as much money to begin with.

Just like twocoach said!

What about maintenance? Insurance? Taxes? Risk of non payment by the tenant even though the mortgage is still due.
again, insurance and taxes are covered by the cost of rent, and then some.

If non-payment is an issue, the landlord can have the cops kick the tenant out.

And maintenance? LOL. It’s been a while you had to ask a landlord to take care of their property, isn’t it?

They don’t wanna put no more into the property. They ain’t trying to spend money on the property, they’re trying to make money on the property! How many times does twocoach have to say it?
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:13 am If non-payment is an issue, the landlord can have the cops kick the tenant out.

And maintenance? LOL. It’s been a while you had to ask a landlord to take care of their property, isn’t it?

They don’t wanna put no more into the property. They ain’t trying to spend money on the property, they’re trying to make money on the property! How many times does twocoach have to say it?
That has nothing to do with why a bank won't finance the purchase of the property for a tenant who can't meet their qualifications for financing.

The way you take care of those landlords is by NOT RENTING THEIR PROPERTIES.

This. Is. Not. That. Hard.

Do not support businsses you don't agree with. That solves many of the problems you have with people making money.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:13 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:57 am Yeah, but all that cost to the landlord is covered by the rent they collect, and then some.

They aren’t doing this out of the kindness of their hearts, and they certainly aren’t doing it at a loss.

They’re doing it to make money for themselves, at the expense of others who didn’t have as much money to begin with.

Just like twocoach said!

What about maintenance? Insurance? Taxes? Risk of non payment by the tenant even though the mortgage is still due.

When you use that broad brush it does sound horrible. Maybe you should leave the expensive part of Colorado for awhile. The vulture capitalists are eating your soul.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

japhy wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:06 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:05 am I think the point though is, they buy up the tickets at face value to create a supply shortage so they can then turn around and price gouge the folks who actually wanna go to the concert
This doesn't seem to apply to the apartment rental world at all. They buy rental properties at market value so they can then turn around and rent units within the property to make money off of people who cannot afford to buy a property themselves. It's not price gouging or creating a supply shortage.
Exactly.

The housing shortage is not a conspiracy to "create" higher prices.

Ousdahl, did you learn nothing while drinking manhattans with Overlander? Next Solstice we will take an afternoon to go fishing on my little creek and I will try to splain it to you.
Yeah, I wish we got to fish, and generally spend more time chatting. Pretty sure you were passed out by the time Plano and I crashed the quinceñera or whatever that was.

Without using words like “conspiracy” though, how can housing not be more expensive to a renter when, in addition to all the costs of owning property, they’ve also got a landlord getting their slice of the pie too?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:11 am
japhy wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:09 am
That i believe
Potd
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:41 am
Then consider if a tenant is behind on rent, the landlord can have the cops kick the tenant out.

If a landlord is delinquent about any of the lease terms on their end, good luck tenant, keep trying.

And why is it that a tenant can pay $1200 a month rent for years but still not qualify for a $900 a month mortgage?
Contracts/lease agreements exist with mutually agreed upon contents, including the rights of each if they fail to meet their end.

As to your last question, landlords seem to be more willing to take on the risk knowing that an individual renter is just one of many paying towards the bills each month. If one falls behind, the rest are still paying.

Banks are more risk averse because a homeowner is the sole person responsible for covering the entire bill. If they fail to pay then the bank is getting nothing on that property.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:05 am Also. Landlords are about to be in a real tough spot when the eviction moratorium ends and 18 months of bills are due
and if you think the landlords are gonna be in a tough spot, how do you think those renters will be doing?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:16 am

Having watched my daughter go through 3 apartments in four years in Denver, I will have to say that is actually hard in that market.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wave the flag high you guys!

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

japhy wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:19 am

Having watched my daughter go through 3 apartments in four years in Denver, I will have to say that is actually hard in that market.
Illy is still equating a place to live with attending a concert
Deleted User 863

japhy wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:19 am

Definitely not trying to discount that entirely, but we all have choices to make about where we want to live and if we can afford to live in those places.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:19 am
TDub wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:05 am Also. Landlords are about to be in a real tough spot when the eviction moratorium ends and 18 months of bills are due
and if you think the landlords are gonna be in a tough spot, how do you think those renters will be doing?
Walking away without significant repercussions whike the landlord has to scramble to get 2 years of mortgage. Paid with no income on the house....or risk losing it to the lender?
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:13 am

Just like twocoach said!

Its been a while since you tried to remove a renter for non payment huh?do you understand how difficult that process is....meanwhile the mortgage is still due....so is the insurance and taxes and other bills to keep the place intact.
Just Ledoux it