Strikes

Ugh.
Deleted User 863

Re: Strikes

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:23 am
japhy wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:19 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:16 am
The way you take care of those landlords is by NOT RENTING THEIR PROPERTIES.

This. Is. Not. That. Hard.

Having watched my daughter go through 3 apartments in four years in Denver, I will have to say that is actually hard in that market.
Illy is still equating a place to live with attending a concert
Not at all.

And tbh, you're not even making sense with some of this.

You seem to think that it is unfair that you don't have your dream home provided for you by the government or some shit.

You aren't forced to live in places you can't afford.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

God forbid anyone try to make money. Fuckin assholes.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

TDub wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:27 am God forbid anyone try to make money. Fuckin assholes.
I am sitting at work making money right now.

....and doing absolutely nothing work related.

Sticking it to the man!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:13 am
TDub wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:03 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:57 am Yeah, but all that cost to the landlord is covered by the rent they collect, and then some.

They aren’t doing this out of the kindness of their hearts, and they certainly aren’t doing it at a loss.

They’re doing it to make money for themselves, at the expense of others who didn’t have as much money to begin with.

Just like twocoach said!

What about maintenance? Insurance? Taxes? Risk of non payment by the tenant even though the mortgage is still due.
again, insurance and taxes are covered by the cost of rent, and then some.

If non-payment is an issue, the landlord can have the cops kick the tenant out.

And maintenance? LOL. It’s been a while you had to ask a landlord to take care of their property, isn’t it?

They don’t wanna put no more into the property. They ain’t trying to spend money on the property, they’re trying to make money on the property! How many times does twocoach have to say it?
If non-payment is an issue then the landlord still has to figure out how to pay the mortgage, insurance, taxes and other bills. A landlord absolutely doesn't want to have to evict someone and that rarely makes their situation easier. Off-cycle evictions can result in a unit sitting open for many months. My in-laws owned a 24 unit apartment building for years and they avoided evictions like the plague.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:29 am
TDub wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:03 am

What about maintenance? Insurance? Taxes? Risk of non payment by the tenant even though the mortgage is still due.

And maintenance? LOL. It’s been a while you had to ask a landlord to take care of their property, isn’t it?

They don’t wanna put no more into the property. They ain’t trying to spend money on the property, they’re trying to make money on the property! How many times does twocoach have to say it?
If non-payment is an issue then the landlord still has to figure out how to pay the mortgage, insurance, taxes and other bills. A landlord absolutely doesn't want to have to evict someone and that rarely makes their situation easier. Off-cycle evictions can result in a unit sitting open for many months. My in-laws owned a 24 unit apartment building for years and they avoided evictions like the plague.
Not to mention a good % of the time when renters get evicted they tear the place up on the way out. Rarely does the security deposit cover that.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:30 am

Not to mention a good % of the time when renters get evicted they tear the place up on the way out.
If you weren't picky about who you put in the unit in the first place, yes.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Not to mention a good % of the time when renters get evicted they tear the place up on the way out.
Youre doing this wrong. People trying to make money. Bad.

People wanting to get things for free/cheap. Good.

Fuck that guy who put his life savings on the line for a second mortgage to try snd get a little cashflow and s future investment. He should've given that extra money to his local fisherman. Or invested it in an imaginary sequence of numbers that only exists onlibe somewhere but has a cute dog avatar on it
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Man, quite the landlord happy crowd today.

I guess I don’t do as well operating under the assumption that poverty is some kind of personal choice, or some character flaw.

I bet you guys are thrilled that Black Rock Capital is hoarding residential properties too, eh?
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:31 am
See that quite a bit in foreclosures as well.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:31 am
Background checks? Credit checks? What are you talking about...no way. You take the risk you rich asshole
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:33 am Man, quite the landlord happy crowd today.

I guess I don’t do as well operating under the assumption that poverty is some kind of personal choice, or some character flaw.

I bet you guys are thrilled that Black Rock Capital is hoarding residential properties too, eh?
Hello strawman! 👋
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:33 am Man, quite the landlord happy crowd today.

No. You just have no clue what youre talking about.

IF youre ONLY talking about mega corporate real estate entities like black rock then its a different discussion.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Maybe in some quaint time or place renting was little more than a friendly handshake agreement. But renting in America is quite the process.

In many markets there’s stiff competition to get your foot in the door, no pun intended. Heck, much of the time you have to pay them just for the privilege of applying!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I am not picking sides. Just providing more real world explanations as to why things are how they are. You have some assumptions about most landlords that are inaccurate.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Blame jfish and cnb and all the other lawyers in this sue happy country
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And please do explain the differences between an individual landlord buying up properties to make a profit renting, and a corporation buying up properties to make a profit renting.

There’s a bigger scale.

And, what else?
Deleted User 863

What is wrong with making money?

They are providing a good/service people desire. Nobody is forcing anyone to live there.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:36 am Maybe in some quaint time or place renting was little more than a friendly handshake agreement. But renting in America is quite the process.

In many markets there’s stiff competition to get your foot in the door, no pun intended. Heck, much of the time you have to pay them just for the privilege of applying!
So now the landlord should pay the processing fee for your application? Ill ask again. What the hell is it you want Ous? Sure seems like you just want things to beneft you specifically but get mad if things benefit anybody else.
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:37 am And please do explain the differences between an individual landlord buying up properties to make a profit renting, and a corporation buying up properties to make a profit renting.

There’s a bigger scale.

And, what else?
One is buying up housing to manipulate a market.

The other is renting apartments.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.