Strikes

Ugh.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Strikes

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:06 am
PhDhawk wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:02 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:56 am And the held believe that the landlord’s chance to make money is more important than other Mericans having a roof over their heads is why Blackrock had a chance to do their thing.

I wonder how this discussion would have went if we started with Blackrock.
How many homes do you provide for people?

Fewer than every single landlord.
Yeah, I know. Every time I almost have enough saved up to buy my own place, more out of staters rush in to jack market prices up again.

I sincerely asked what your thoughts about that were, but rather than sincerely respond, you posted a rather ironic gif.
It wasnt ironic. Youve wandered across the field and back. All without listening to anyones point...just changing your point around to try and garner some sympathy for poor ousdahl.
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I've had shitty landlords, I've also had fair/decent ones.

It's like any business transaction. I've had bad auto repair people and good ones.

I don't expect auto repair people to fix my car at cost and not turn a profit because my need for transportation outweighs their need for profit. That's such a weird concept, I'm poor, so you should be poor now too. How does that help anyone?

If landlords don't earn money off their properties, how do they pay their own home mortgage, or put food on their own table?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:56 am And the held believe that the landlord’s chance to make money is more important than other Mericans having a roof over their heads is why Blackrock had a chance to do their thing.

I wonder how this discussion would have went if we started with Blackrock.

Yeah, I know. Every time I almost have enough saved up to buy my own place, more out of staters rush in to jack market prices up again.

I sincerely asked what your thoughts about that were, but rather than sincerely respond, you posted a rather ironic gif.
Because its changing the subject?

Do you feel sorry for landlords in MS or WV because people move out of those states which makes it harder to rent and decreases property values?

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:11 am I've had shitty landlords, I've also had fair/decent ones.

It's like any business transaction. I've had bad auto repair people and good ones.

I don't expect auto repair people to fix my car at cost and not turn a profit because my need for transportation outweighs their need for profit. That's such a weird concept, I'm poor, so you should be poor now too. How does that help anyone?

If landlords don't earn money off their properties, how do they pay their own home mortgage, or put food on their own table?
They could always just not buy a second property? Or if they’re that strapped for cash, just sell it.

Let’s not pretend the only way to put food on the table is to buy up real estate just to then rent it for a profit.

If somebody’s well off enough to be buying up additional homes they don’t need over their own head, they’re well off enough.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

You could also build your own house from dirt up and rent it out for free.
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:16 am
PhDhawk wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:11 am I've had shitty landlords, I've also had fair/decent ones.

They could always just not buy a second property? Or if they’re that strapped for cash, just sell it.

Let’s not pretend the only way to put food on the table is to buy up real estate just to then rent it for a profit.

If somebody’s well off enough to be buying up additional homes they don’t need over their own head, they’re well off enough.
That's their chosen profession.

Showing people where the trout bite isn't the only way to make a living either.

Their purchasing apartments as a business investment with the intent to rent them. They aren't buying up property, sitting with it empty, to drive up rental prices.

In fact, when one of them builds a new apartment complex, it should drive prices down, not up. You should be thankful for that.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TDub wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:19 am You could also build your own house from dirt up and rent it out for free.
Actually, I think morally he has an obligation to do so.

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Why do you gwt to decide what well enough off means?

What if that second house IS their income and they use it to pay for their house and food? What if they got hurt and their on disability and that income keeps their lights on
Dont pretend like you know everyones situation. You sound like a whiny douchebag thats crying because he cant get what he wants for free
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:20 am
TDub wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:19 am You could also build your own house from dirt up and rent it out for free.
Actually, I think morally he has an obligation to do so.
If he can afford 2 cans of chili he better be giving 1 away.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:13 am

Do you feel sorry for landlords in MS or WV because people move out of those states which makes it harder to rent and decreases property values?
that sucks, but they’re still gonna be better off with that equity in hand than if they’re someone who can’t afford to buy and only cross their fingers they can make rent.

One party has to liquidate an asset that lost value. One party is trying to avoid homelessness.

I dunno how so much much more sympathy is given to the ones with more wealth and power all along.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:22 am

that sucks, but they’re still gonna be better off with that equity in hand than if they’re someone who can’t afford to buy and only cross their fingers they can make rent.

One party has to liquidate an asset that lost value. One party is trying to avoid homelessness.

I dunno how so much much more sympathy is given to the ones with more wealth and power all along.
Its not equity if the prices are falling, you have no idea what they owe on the property. Why do you think you know every single landlords finances?
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Im not sure landlording is a “profession.” Is it?

It’s just a peculiar way to make a living. But the only way a landlord becomes a landlord is if they came into some money or real estate in the first place.

And there seems to be little pride in it. While most professionals want to be the best in their respective fields, landlords are often basically playing chicken with actually taking care of the properties that make them a living.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:23 am

Its not equity if the prices are falling, you have no idea what they owe on the property. Why do you think you know every single landlords finances?
I don’t! I never said I did!

But just generally speaking, I think anyone who is in a position to own additional real estate in addition to their own home, is prob better off than someone who doesn’t
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:21 am

What if that second house IS their income and they use it to pay for their house and food? What if they got hurt and their on disability and that income keeps their lights on
Dont pretend like you know everyones situation. You sound like a whiny douchebag thats crying because he cant get what he wants for free
Jesus Christ dude
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:27 am

Jesus Christ dude
My sentiment exactly everytime i read your nonsense
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I've rented lots of places for many years of my life.

Renting an apartment was not "avoiding homelessness" in any of those cases. Not everyone who rents is in dire straits.

You seem to have a problem with the fact that there are people who can't afford rent more than you do with people renting apartments. But what you want is for landlords to solve this problem? As if that's even possible?

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

What is it you want? Free housing?

1 house per family regulations?

200 a month rent?

What??
Just Ledoux it
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Again, what is it that you want?

Landlords provide a thing that people want - the ability to have a home without needing to buy.

They own the place at a lower cost - they will not have PMI, they either won't have interest or it will likely be lower. They'll be more experienced with knowing how to get better rates on agents, loans, maintenance and insurance.

They have to compete with other lenders - I want to fix your sink because I don't want you renting somewhere else, forcing me to risk having no renter for a month or more, and needing to pay commission to the guy who showed you the place.

And there are tons of laws protecting tenants. It's damn near impossible to evict someone in Chicago.

And, the government does provide subsidized housing for people in poverty.

Again - what do you want?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Ousdahl: you sound batshit crazy in this thread right now.

Homelessness is an issue we all can agree on. But Homelessness isn't caused by rich people buying vacation homes.

You're pissed that you desire to live in an area that you can't afford to live in. I sympathize with that. I want to play at tons of golf courses that i can't afford to be a member at. So I play where I can afford to play.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:29 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:27 am

Jesus Christ dude
My sentiment exactly everytime i read your nonsense
I can’t tell you how bummed I am that you feel this way.

But if you really feel this way - and again, I’m bummed to even have to suggest this, but - have you considered just putting me on ignore?