The Empire is starting a marching band

Coffee talk.
defixione
Contributor

Re: The Empire is starting a marching band

Post by defixione »

Overlander wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:11 pm Ok, if I dont have to bring groceries, that will leave room in the Opus fridge for more cocktail supplies
❤️🚀
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

japhy wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:17 pm
defixione wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:52 pm I think there's going to be more than just one.
Three food trucks; Tienda Y Cocina Jireh that is from Alamosa and serves really good tacos, Gosar Ranch from Del Norte who serves sausages, and the third slips my mind right now. The locals were very excited to find out Tienda Y Cocina Jireh was coming so I am expecting good stuff from them. Locavores serves Gosar green chile sausage in a sandwich they make, and it is great.

And if they run out of food the grocery store is just 2 doors up the street and they have a freezer full of Hungry Man frozen dinners.
. . . and the best frozen burritos ever.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Overlander wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:11 pm
defixione wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:52 pm I think there's going to be more than just one.
Ok, if I dont have to bring groceries, that will leave room in the Opus fridge for more cocktail supplies
Our next door neighbor is a liquor store. No need to stock up.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Too easy
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Heading to the pre-party now. Too early?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

defixione wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:57 am Heading to the pre-party now. Too early?
See you Friday!
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

There is some shit that you anticipate happening and some that just comes flying out of nowhere; like a meteor, or bird poop. I got a text last night and then an introductory email this morning.

"Patty" the sasquatch for the documentary "Big Fur" will be in Solstice on Saturday. She may be in the window of the business center during the after-party as well.

I don't know how things like this happen. But if anyone asks, Patty has been sent by God.

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so maybe we need a more dedicated discussion toward ousdahl’s career prospects in the Empire.

A Sat Shack West, perhaps?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I'm all ears.

I gave you the names and the timeline and important dates that will determine the future of the Empire.

Introductions will require you to make the effort to be present when opportunity walks in the door. A line is already forming to greet.

It's your move.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:53 pm I'm all ears.

I gave you the names and the timeline and important dates that will determine the future of the Empire.

Introductions will require you to make the effort to be present when opportunity walks in the door. A line is already forming to greet.

It's your move.
If I end up buying land to develop on the 160 or 285 corridors, will I still be considered part of the Empire?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

When I say not enough hippie chicks, that’s sort of an oversimplification.

I enjoy being around free spirit progressive types at this point, and as of right now I’m pretty sure most of the locals are potato farmers.

I also may be partial to something not so tourism driven. Yall can be awful.

And I’ve never even considered being any sort of developer.

But for real though, still open to just about anything.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ok, re: tourism and hospitality, it would be cool to have my own bidness. So instead of just being stuck in the middle of some pissed off tourist and some brass who wants me come up with some polite way of saying we aren’t gonna issue a refund cuz of no early checkin, I could just say GTFO YALL.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:47 pm Ok, re: tourism and hospitality, it would be cool to have my own bidness. So instead of just being stuck in the middle of some pissed off tourist and some brass who wants me come up with some polite way of saying we aren’t gonna issue a refund cuz of no early checkin, I could just say GTFO YALL.
If you want to own a business because it would be cool......
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Overlander wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:50 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:47 pm Ok, re: tourism and hospitality, it would be cool to have my own bidness. So instead of just being stuck in the middle of some pissed off tourist and some brass who wants me come up with some polite way of saying we aren’t gonna issue a refund cuz of no early checkin, I could just say GTFO YALL.
If you want to own a business because it would be cool......

Well i sure hope he's not planning on making any money with it....
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

do you guys think maybe I should start a marching band?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Only if it plays for free at every quincinera from El Paso to Tacoma
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Really only in the Empire

and even that is assuming the authorities don’t shut down the speakeasy.

The cops knew about it and everything though. They were just too preoccupied with the real trouble in town:

me and Plano lol
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:30 pm Really only in the Empire

and even that is assuming the authorities don’t shut down the speakeasy.

The cops knew about it and everything though. They were just too preoccupied with the real trouble in town:

me and Plano lol
Surreal
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Overlander wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:40 pm
japhy wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:53 pm I'm all ears.

It's your move.
If I end up buying land to develop on the 160 or 285 corridors, will I still be considered part of the Empire?
You are an official member of the AV Club now, and you have a key to the Spud Lounge. Those benefits transfer to anywhere within the valley. We should find you a location closer to the clubhouse though, especially now that the police are watching you.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:11 pm do you guys think maybe I should start a marching band?
The schools are looking for a custodian, the County needs someone to drive a dump truck and the Dollar General needs a cashier.