Strikes

Ugh.
japhy
Contributor

Re: Strikes

Post by japhy »

And another thing that affects housing prices out west.

https://apnews.com/article/environment- ... 23ca6252e1
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

japhy wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:35 am And another thing that affects housing prices out west.

https://apnews.com/article/environment- ... 23ca6252e1
tell that to all the Cali folks moving to Utah, and to the state for burying its head in the ground

here, we just pray for rain rather than doing substantive things to improve the situation
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Just imagine the look on my friend who just bought a place in Greeley’s face when he was bragging about his green suburban yard and I responded with, “why do you hate the Upper Colorado River?”
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

If these fast growing cities are smart (no one has yet accused them as such) they would attach strict landscaping rules to every building permit that they issue. Strict limits on the size of lawns and kinds of trees which can be planted. Write it into the City/County charter, especially since water is so hard to come by
Deleted User 89

if they were really smart, they’d mandate such things (or at least provide incentives) for any landscaping changes to current properties

there is a movement to do such things, both in Nevada and Utah (replace lawns with xeriscaping), but i’m not sure there is enough impetus
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Before you guys start tearing up the yard to put in a sustainable landscape instead, I’d check with the landlord first
Deleted User 89

ousdahl wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:10 pm Before you guys start tearing up the yard to put in a sustainable landscape instead, I’d check with the landlord first
i’m bout to have a serious discussion with mine, especially since he doesn’t pay the water bill
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh come on bro, how do you expect a landlord to remember details like paying bills when they’re otherwise too busy doing…wait, what do landlords even do again?

Oh yeah!

They’re too busy scalping tickets outside Phish shows.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:40 pm Oh come on bro, how do you expect a landlord to remember details like paying bills when they’re otherwise too busy doing…wait, what do landlords even do again?

Oh yeah!

Work
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What about the “professional” landlords?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:53 pm What about the “professional” landlords?
If you have enough units for that to be your full time job, that's a lot of work if you want to stay competitive
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:40 pm Oh come on bro, how do you expect a landlord to remember details like paying bills when they’re otherwise too busy doing…wait, what do landlords even do again?

Oh yeah!

Almost as off base as your "CEOs just play golf" shtick. Like I said, my in-laws had a 24 unit apartment and were running around non stop dealing with all the stupid shit their tenants did.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What sort of stupid shit?

Not pay the water bill?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Also this fun graph is making the rounds

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:19 pm Also this fun graph is making the rounds

A 25 year old making 100k a year who is donating more than $600 a month while only paying $40 a month for a cell phone and $20 a month for internet access?

Seems legit...
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

And $30 for a house cleaner…..someone did a calculation on how absurd the lifestyle of the characters on Friends were compared to their plausible earnings
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

zsn wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:44 pm And $30 for a house cleaner…..someone did a calculation on how absurd the lifestyle of the characters on Friends were compared to their plausible earnings
I didn't even see that one. $30 wouldn't pay for a cleaning service to clean one room of a house.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh is it a service?

My initial thought was they were just spending $30 a month on bottles of windex and shit
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Not to change topics cuz I know how much we all love landlords, but…wut?

It’s almost like this imbalance of power is systemic