COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 863

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:03 am Stop with the same ignorant assumption that this is 100% exclusively due to "teams". It's childish and unproductive to continue to regurgitate the same lie over and over.

What I have a problem with is people who are lying about their reason to not get vaccinated, trying to make this an argument about their "rights" when it's really just about the lies they have chosen to believe and their desire to not be told what to do. The fact that the vast majority of people who are lying about their reasoning also happen to vote Republican is irrelevant. If a Dem lies to me about their reasoning then I have a problem with them as well.
So now you're only against it if they lie?

I thought anyone who didn't get vaccinated is malign and ignorant....
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:58 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:47 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:43 am And you have no clue how many people are out there taking ivermectin and it is based solely off of the number of media reports you have seen of it. You are just assuming.
LOL

Dozens. Maybe hundreds. Prove me wrong...i will wait.

If tens of thousands were taking it (they're not) then tens of thousands would be getting rushed to hospitals and dying (they're not).
The State of Mississippi had to recently send out a warning about ivermectin after 70% of the calls to their poison control hotline were due to ivermectin ingestion by people self-treating against covid. That's just in one state.

If you think that this is only happening in a few dozen cases then you are a fool.
The State of Mississippi has had 2 people hospitalized from ingesting animal meds. 2. Not 25,000.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Deleted User 863

Louisiana’s poison control says it’s received calls from 18 people who have taken the drug.

Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:11 am
Not a bad idea at all!

Sad, but true.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

gotta keep the hysteria ginned up. it's good for the platform.
Deleted User 863

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:12 am gotta keep the hysteria ginned up. it's good for the platform.
Only republicans do hysteria bro.

Just forget the last 4 years of never-ending dem hysteria. Those don't count.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:06 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:03 am Stop with the same ignorant assumption that this is 100% exclusively due to "teams". It's childish and unproductive to continue to regurgitate the same lie over and over.

What I have a problem with is people who are lying about their reason to not get vaccinated, trying to make this an argument about their "rights" when it's really just about the lies they have chosen to believe and their desire to not be told what to do. The fact that the vast majority of people who are lying about their reasoning also happen to vote Republican is irrelevant. If a Dem lies to me about their reasoning then I have a problem with them as well.

As per usual, you assume incorrectly.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:09 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:47 am

LOL

Dozens. Maybe hundreds. Prove me wrong...i will wait.

If tens of thousands were taking it (they're not) then tens of thousands would be getting rushed to hospitals and dying (they're not).
The State of Mississippi had to recently send out a warning about ivermectin after 70% of the calls to their poison control hotline were due to ivermectin ingestion by people self-treating against covid. That's just in one state.

If you think that this is only happening in a few dozen cases then you are a fool.
The State of Mississippi has had 2 people hospitalized from ingesting animal meds. 2. Not 25,000.
Using it and being sent to the hospital for it are two different things.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:16 am

Bro...

"What I have a problem with is people who are lying about their reason to not get vaccinated...."
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:18 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:09 am

Using it and being sent to the hospital for it are two different things.
If you use the animal version of it you're going to the hospital more than likely from what I read. There is a human version used for lice, but harder to get because you need a prescription.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:19 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:16 am

Bro...

"What I have a problem with is people who are lying about their reason to not get vaccinated...."
I am not your "bro" and it was this: "I thought anyone who didn't get vaccinated is malign and ignorant" that you assumed incorrectly about.
Deleted User 863

Ok bro
Deleted User 902

Post by Deleted User 902 »

This thread was so much better when it was about Cici’s pizza.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

The next stage of this thread will be equally as divisive.

Why is my health insurance so much higher?

But only a small percentage of people got a serious case of covid, why do the rest of us healthy people have to pay for that?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Weirdly, I was thinking yesterday which SEC school would pull the trigger first. Was hoping it wasn't Vandy, because that would't move the needle. I thought next most likely was LSU given their covid numbers and some of the political leaders in the state:

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

My insurance rates only get adjusted when I go through enrollment in November for the next calendar year so I haven't seen any change so far.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:30 am Weirdly, I was thinking yesterday which SEC school would pull the trigger first. Was hoping it wasn't Vandy, because that would't move the needle. I thought next most likely was LSU given their covid numbers and some of the political leaders in the state:

Might be the right year for a road trip.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Entirely rhetorical question: are the people taking horse ivermectin too stupid to pill-split to adjust the dose?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:31 am My insurance rates only get adjusted when I go through enrollment in November for the next calendar year so I haven't seen any change so far.
We haven't seen updated quotes yet. With 180 employees plus dependents, it only takes a small percentage increase to move the needle on the expense side of our ledger. People may be surprised by the drop in percentage of their raises next year. We gave everyone a serious bump this year because of market pressure as we tried to increase staff to meet the increasing demand for services. Any time you do this it sets up higher expectations for future raises. Some adjustment of those expectations will be necessary when we get updated health insurance quotes I am guessing.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.