COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
randylahey

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by randylahey »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:56 am good to know that US politicization and dem hysteria are contagious globally

surprised the rest of the world isn’t blaming the dems for their covid problems...

/sarcasm

the lack of logical thinking expressed by some here is truly astonishing
No covid is obviously real. But in our country is has been politicized like nothing we have ever lived through. You are blowing my comments out of proportion too
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:58 am
randylahey wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:58 am And a lot those covid deaths included people with heart disease or cancer
Again, being the one taking these positions should probably cause some introspection.
Look into it. Most covid deaths have other causes that attributed to the death listed as well. The cdc reported 94 percent of covid deaths had other factors as well. So the 2 most common causes of death in this country are obviously going to be listed along with covid on a lot of these. Pretty straight forward common sense
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

The “well, he was going to die anyway” stance is pretty terrible.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’m sure all those bereaved will feel so much better to learn they just lost their loved one to something besides covid.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:56 am good to know that US politicization and dem hysteria are contagious globally
I think it would be super interesting to see vaccination rates for each country split by political affiliation. Just to see how that trends around the world.

I also would like to see (and PhD alluded to it earlier) vaccination rates in our country by each politcal party prior to covid vs with the covid vaccines....or maybe vaccine hesitancy % by eacg political party for our country pre and post covid. Hesitancy may be the more useful one because some people are lazy and just don't go get flu shots.

Aren't the vaccination rates for our country getting pretty dang close to the yearly flu vaccination rates year by year? Maybe even above in some down years?
Deleted User 863

sdoyel wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:57 am

surprised the rest of the world isn’t blaming the dems for their covid problems...

/sarcasm

I’m not truly sold that Randy is actually vaxed.
I am. Because if he wasn't he'd have told you. He's clearly not looking for acceptance from you guys (that's why ous and i lie about it getting the jabs to everyone). Him lying about taking the shot goes against his purpose on this thread.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Hey man. I really went through with that shit. I even live blogged about how the first poke was from some blink 182 nurse with huge tits, and the second was some cranky old lady who was still DTF

I didn’t become anti-vax until after my shots, remember?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:10 pm I’m sure all those bereaved will feel so much better to learn they just lost their loved one to something besides covid.
Yeah its sad when people die. We know.. But it happens its part of life. Being unrealistic and overly sensitive isn't going to bring anyone back tho
Deleted User 863

sdoyel wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:09 pm The “well, he was going to die anyway” stance is pretty terrible.
It is in relation to the actual people dying and their families. That's terrible.

But if his point was to try to touch on true death rates then it is relevant.
Deleted User 902

Post by Deleted User 902 »

This thread is stupid. COVID is the leading cause of death in the United States, and that’s with all the precautions and 200 million people with at least one dose. Imagine those numbers if we did nothing.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-1 ... june-2021/
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:13 pm
sdoyel wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:57 am

/sarcasm

I’m not truly sold that Randy is actually vaxed.
I am. Because if he wasn't he'd have told you. He's clearly not looking for acceptance from you guys (that's why ous and i lie about it getting the jabs to everyone). Him lying about taking the shot goes against his purpose on this thread.
And never once have i discouraged anyone from getting vaxxed. I actually encourage it, if you come to that decision on your own and feel its right for you. Im just very against this overly politicized concept of covid. Where people make demands of everyone else and shame them if they think differently. Our country isn't going down a good road if we continue that mindset
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:11 pm I think it would be super interesting to see vaccination rates for each country split by political affiliation. Just to see how that trends around the world.
The results wouldn’t really make sense to anyone. The vast majority of countries don’t have political affiliations that correspond to US liberals vs. conservatives. And the you have the issue that the US has had a long established 2 party system. That’s just not how it is in many, many other countries. There can be several parties, one, none, etc.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Randy, as a proponent of personal decisions, what factors would you encourage one to consider when coming to the decision whether to get vaxxed?
Deleted User 863

randylahey wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:20 pm Our country isn't going down a good road if we continue that mindset
All bullshit aside, I think we were well on our way down that road before covid ever even happened. One way or another.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:21 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:11 pm I think it would be super interesting to see vaccination rates for each country split by political affiliation. Just to see how that trends around the world.
The results wouldn’t really make sense to anyone. The vast majority of countries don’t have political affiliations that correspond to US liberals vs. conservatives. And the you have the issue that the US has had a long established 2 party system. That’s just not how it is in many, many other countries. There can be several parties, one, none, etc.
Yea.

And another tangent, but isn’t most of the rest of the world pretty put off by how sensationalized and oversaturated and OuTrAgEd! the Merican political system is?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:08 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:58 am
randylahey wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:58 am And a lot those covid deaths included people with heart disease or cancer
Again, being the one taking these positions should probably cause some introspection.
Look into it. Most covid deaths have other causes that attributed to the death listed as well. The cdc reported 94 percent of covid deaths had other factors as well. So the 2 most common causes of death in this country are obviously going to be listed along with covid on a lot of these. Pretty straight forward common sense
You should really look into the notion of excess deaths. It’s not rocket science, and nor is it guessing.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:22 pm Randy, as a proponent of personal decisions, what factors would you encourage one to consider when coming to the decision whether to get vaxxed?
Honestly just if you feel like you are vulnerable to covid on an individual level. Most of us aren't. But there is no way to know for sure.

We know vaccines stop covid deaths pretty successfully. We know they are not very reliable to stop transmission of it. So the whole argument of "for the greater good" isn't that strong imo. If someone else is vulnerable to covid they have the option of getting vaccinated themselves.

Or if you are a caretaker for someone very vulnerable it makes sense to anyways. Thats why I caved and got vaccinated. The person I was protecting in my decision to get vaxxed is likely going to die from cancer in the next few months anyways tho so idk
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:22 pm
randylahey wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:20 pm Our country isn't going down a good road if we continue that mindset
All bullshit aside, I think we were well on our way down that road before covid ever even happened. One way or another.
I agree. and this situation added to it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:26 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:21 pm
Yea.

And another tangent, but isn’t most of the rest of the world pretty put off by how sensationalized and oversaturated and OuTrAgEd! the Merican political system is?
I can't really speak to that. I am sure some people feel that way and others don't.

I do think that, when looking at the rest of the world, you might be able to glean somethings related to culture. For better or worse, Americans put a high value on personal freedom and that's how we teach and raise children here. When that manifests into American Exceptionalism, it's a real hindrance to something like combatting a global pandemic through a collective effort.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:17 pm
sdoyel wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:09 pm The “well, he was going to die anyway” stance is pretty terrible.
It is in relation to the actual people dying and their families. That's terrible.

But if his point was to try to touch on true death rates then it is relevant.
Yeah. Emotionally its terrible. Id never say that to someone's face if their love one had just died from covid. Its insensitive. But logically its more realistic. Sometimes being sensitive might feel better short term, but long term its just not realistic