COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
randylahey

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by randylahey »

But I don't see either the vaccine or covid as a threat to the average normal somewhat healthy person. To clear that up. So i don't see the point in demanding people inject themselves with something they most likely don't need.

The more alarming aspect is the concept that businesses, elected officials, etc, think they can dictate your personal health choices. Especially in such weird circumstances. And if its a one time deal it's not as big of a deal. But one thing about our government, nothing is ever a one time deal. If you look at how our government has evolved in the last century, most moves are just stepping stones to their next move. All its always clouded in deceit and manipulation
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

vaccine:

reduces chance of sickness

reduces transmissibility if you get sick

really reduces chances of severe sickness

really reduces chance of hospitalization

really, really reduces chance of death

best of all, it’s free...get vaccinated
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:34 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:10 pm A couple weeks ago I saw an anti-vaxxer share a vid of a woman having a seizure, apparently as a result of being vaxxed.

It was pretty dramatic stuff - from the driver’s seat of her car, she laid over across the passenger seat and twitched and squirmed and moaned and cried uncontrollably while her son sat in the back seat scared.

My first thought was, poor lady! Poor kid!

Then I thought, wait a sec, how is such a candid moment caught on video? Who has a camera apparently mounted on her glove box at an angle that perfectly catches all this? Maybe she has a camera pointed at her kid in the back or something?

Let’s give her that much. Maybe it’s just a coincidence that her involuntary seizure also happened when a camera was conveniently on, and had her and her kid perfectly in frame.

So what happened to the car that was otherwise being operated by her?

Were these the usual symptoms of a seizure? She’s yelling and screaming almost like she’s aware of what’s happening and trying to resist it, rather than involuntarily seizing up without being aware of it.

And her kid seems scared at first, but then eventually seems to go back to being just some disinterested kid? He makes no effort to check on or care for his mom, nor to seek help. He seems old enough to do so, but kids are kids, maybe he’s panicked or something.

And did she go to a doctor about this, or just go straight to post it on her anti-vax Facebook page?

But I didn’t post anything to cast doubt on the post itself, for fear of being…you know…insensitive to others…
Link?
can’t find it, at least with a cursory search on YouTube or Google.

It was on some anti-vax Instagram page shared by another Instagram user whom I follow.

The user used to post all fishing content. But starting in March 2020, the page switched to mostly conspiracy content, with hardly anything about fishing any more.

It’s a private page now too…dunno if it was always that way.

If you’re really interested though, pm me and I’ll share the handle. The vid share was in the “story,” so the link isn’t still up, but if you're still curious to check it out they still post kooky shit all the time.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:18 pm But I don't see either the vaccine or covid as a threat to the average normal somewhat healthy person. To clear that up. So i don't see the point in demanding people inject themselves with something they most likely don't need.

The more alarming aspect is the concept that businesses, elected officials, etc, think they can dictate your personal health choices. Especially in such weird circumstances. And if its a one time deal it's not as big of a deal. But one thing about our government, nothing is ever a one time deal. If you look at how our government has evolved in the last century, most moves are just stepping stones to their next move. All its always clouded in deceit and manipulation
It is insane that right-wingers are lining up behind "private businesses should be prohibited by law from determining their own terms of service" as a matter of principle.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

a robust covid 19 is good for business for the administration. as soon we start to get a handle of it, they gin up the hysteria. back in june uncle joe said we were all in for a normal 4th of july. fast foward 8 weeks, and we are all doomed.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:18 pm vaccine:

Yet another can o’ worms tangent within this thread, but I haven’t heard of anyone - not one single Merican - bitching and moaning that suddenly their healthcare is paid for by the gummint.

You’d think there’d be more people clamoring on about how they’d rather shop around and enroll in a market-based plan.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:21 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:34 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:10 pm A couple weeks ago I saw an anti-vaxxer share a vid of a woman having a seizure, apparently as a result of being vaxxed.

It was pretty dramatic stuff - from the driver’s seat of her car, she laid over across the passenger seat and twitched and squirmed and moaned and cried uncontrollably while her son sat in the back seat scared.

My first thought was, poor lady! Poor kid!

Then I thought, wait a sec, how is such a candid moment caught on video? Who has a camera apparently mounted on her glove box at an angle that perfectly catches all this? Maybe she has a camera pointed at her kid in the back or something?

Let’s give her that much. Maybe it’s just a coincidence that her involuntary seizure also happened when a camera was conveniently on, and had her and her kid perfectly in frame.

So what happened to the car that was otherwise being operated by her?

Were these the usual symptoms of a seizure? She’s yelling and screaming almost like she’s aware of what’s happening and trying to resist it, rather than involuntarily seizing up without being aware of it.

And her kid seems scared at first, but then eventually seems to go back to being just some disinterested kid? He makes no effort to check on or care for his mom, nor to seek help. He seems old enough to do so, but kids are kids, maybe he’s panicked or something.

And did she go to a doctor about this, or just go straight to post it on her anti-vax Facebook page?

But I didn’t post anything to cast doubt on the post itself, for fear of being…you know…insensitive to others…
Link?
can’t find it, at least with a cursory search on YouTube or Google.

It was on some anti-vax Instagram page shared by another Instagram user whom I follow.

The user used to post all fishing content. But starting in March 2020, the page switched to mostly conspiracy content, with hardly anything about fishing any more.

It’s a private page now too…dunno if it was always that way.

If you’re really interested though, pm me and I’ll share the handle. The vid share was in the “story,” so the link isn’t still up, but if you're still curious to check it out they still post kooky shit all the time.
All good. I saw something that sounds similar on instagram wondered if it was the same one.

I also wondered why they were filming.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Link?
Deleted User 863

jfish26 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:21 pm
randylahey wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:18 pm But I don't see either the vaccine or covid as a threat to the average normal somewhat healthy person. To clear that up. So i don't see the point in demanding people inject themselves with something they most likely don't need.

It is insane that right-wingers are lining up behind "private businesses should be prohibited by law from determining their own terms of service" as a matter of principle.
Ya that's crazy. Goes against govt staying out of private business.

Although i doubt the left would be okay if private businesses wanted to ban abortions by their employees....
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well whatever you do, DON’T try to suggest abortions have any economic implications worth considering
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:22 pm a robust covid 19 is good for business for the administration. as soon we start to get a handle of it, they gin up the hysteria. back in june uncle joe said we were all in for a normal 4th of july. fast foward 8 weeks, and we are all doomed.
WTF are you talking about?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:47 am
PhDhawk wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:39 am
jhawks99 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:38 am

630,000 and climbing. NBD right?
Just in the US.
For almost 2 years? Not really a big deal. Its about how many die from cancer or heart disease in 1 year
Yeah, Cancer and Heart Disease are big deals. They're the two leading causes of death, Covid is #3.

AND...Cancer and Heart Disease are catchalls, They don't distinguish between carcinoma, melanoma, leukemia, testicular cancer, breast cancer, etc.

I'll admit some people exaggerate how bad covid19 is, but I don't get what you get out of so grossly downplaying it. You don't look tough or cool or well informed, you just look like an idiot who doesn't understand the world around him.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:23 pm

Yet another can o’ worms tangent within this thread, but I haven’t heard of anyone - not one single Merican - bitching and moaning that suddenly their healthcare is paid for by the gummint.

You’d think there’d be more people clamoring on about how they’d rather shop around and enroll in a market-based plan.
Well, most of the people who complain about that are from one side of the aisle, and the orange baffoon is the one who paid the bill on this one.

Also, for stuff like vaccines. The cost of the vaccine itself is a pittance compared to the amount of money saved by reduced hospital fees and the like.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Please tell me you fight this hard against mandated meningitis vaccines and other vaccines that are required, otherwise you're just a huge hypocrite.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:46 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:44 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:38 pm and if I may genuine ask, how much sincerely held (and medically diagnosed or otherwise verified) “medical justification” really is there among anyone who chooses not to?
I truly do not know what legitimate medical justifications there even are[/].

Yeah me neither.

I guess if someone has a history of allergic or other severe reactions to vaccines or something?

And yeah sure maybe there will be long term effects. But again, that’s trying to way unknown long term effects of a vaccine, against unknown long term effects of a virus

Yes, allergic reactions and people who are severely severely immunocompromised.

Again, there is no precident for getting a vaccine and then some time in the future developing issues, so I guess you can't say with 100% certainty it won't happen. History would suggest it won't. It's probably like the first time someone made barbecue nachos. I mean, you wouldn't know FOR CERTAIN that combining corn chips and pulled pork with barbecue sauce and barbecue seasoning along with salsa is not lethal until you actually tried it, but the evidence would suggest its safe to eat.

There is a TON of evidence of Viruses having long term effects, including SARS and MERS and already a boatload of evidence tht SARS-Cov2 also causes long term health effects.

Although randy says it's not problem as long as you don't die.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

sounds legit, as long as you don’t put cheese on those nachos too
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh, did anyone mention the former potus held a rally in Alabama at which he encouraged folks to get vaccinated?

Folks responded with boos.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:53 pm Oh, did anyone mention the former potus held a rally in Alabama at which he encouraged folks to get vaccinated?

Folks responded with boos.
I did.

That was very telling. People are dug in.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

People are diseased. Poisoned by right wing media.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

*slightly. the chances are really low with or without a vaccine