The Fishing Thread

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 89

Re: The Fishing Thread

Post by Deleted User 89 »

“Can't make it up”

yet, that’s all you do

you can make up all the excuses you want...it’s cool. it isn’t the truth, but i don’t expect that from you
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

So pretty much all summer, I’ve only fished high elevation backcountry stuff - headwater creeks and alpine lakes.

The average size fish is small. But! The trade-off is, they’re wild fish who are naive to things like hooks and line. Pound for pound they fight harder, and can be caught in greater numbers.

Also, it’s rare to see another angler around.

Contrast that with standing shoulder to shoulder with yall tourists at the more famous waters, all trying to fool a fish that’s already been caught 3 times this week.

Indeed, I encountered more moose than I did humans while out fishing this summer.

Perhaps the best part is, how many fishing bros don’t even wanna bother with that kinda fishing. Who cares about the small ones? I i wants me some trophy pics cuz I do it for the gram!

Ok bro, do it for the gram. I didn’t wanna show you my spots anyway.

Sometimes you just need somewhere you can go fishing in your banana hammock without worrying about going viral.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:08 pm “Can't make it up”

yet, that’s all you do

you can make up all the excuses you want...it’s cool. it isn’t the truth, but i don’t expect that from you
All you really needed to say was "sorry that was a stupid comment. I know nothing about this girl. I shouldn't have made negative assumptions about her."

Or you could double down on your dumb. Either way. You sorta showed some of your true colors.
Deleted User 89

i’d rather be fishing in an isolated spot with amazing scenery and catch few, small fish, than be crowded virtually (or literally) shoulder to shoulder and make a killing

caught a bunch of fish at Taneycomo and Bennet Spring back in the day, but it quickly grew tiresome having to navigate so many people in the shore
Deleted User 89

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:21 pm

yet, that’s all you do

All you really needed to say was "sorry that was a stupid comment. I know nothing about this girl. I shouldn't have made negative assumptions about her."

Or you could double down on your dumb. Either way. You sorta showed some of your true colors.
ok, guy
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i would have thought it impossible to suck the fun out of a picture of a half naked hot chick fishing.

leave it to kansas crimson.
Deleted User 863

I used to fish for fun a lot when i was younger. Now as i get soft and sentimental in my older age I would only want to catch fish to eat, not for sport. Same with hunting. I'd like to go look at the animals, but i wouldn't want to kill them (unless it was for food for me to eat). No judgements to those who enjoy it for sport though.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:24 pm i would have thought it impossible to suck the fun out of a picture of a half naked hot chick fishing.

leave it to kansas crimson.
you did what to that picture?!
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

yet, that’s all you do

Or you could double down on your dumb.
Great advice from a Pro.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Deleted User 89

Overlander wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:16 pm

yet, that’s all you do

Great advice from a Pro.
did you catch this one?

“What you said...was an ignorant statement. Just own it. Don't double down on the dumb.”
Deleted User 863

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:52 pm
Overlander wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:16 pm

Great advice from a Pro.
did you catch this one?

“What you said...was an ignorant statement. Just own it. Don't double down on the dumb.”
Did he catch the one where you say women can't catch fish or bait their own hooks?

Fucking scumbag.

And you're married to an animal chick? Do you belittle her like that also? Do you make sure you're the one handling all the turtles because her tiny woman brain isn't strong enough to do such a task?

Or was it more like your animal chick is superior to that fishing chick so you had to tear her down? Go team!

🤣🤣🤣
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Illy,

Can you DM this woman and find out what kind of bug spray she uses? It must be good to risk getting a mosquito bite in that many sensitive places.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

flailing so hard

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea, an imitation frog lure flailing across the service can really elicit some explosive strikes from a number of fish species
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I enjoy hunting and lots of other outdoorsy things. I have never found the appeal in fishing.
Deleted User 89

maybe 1/3 of my time “fishing” is spent just sitting, watching the water and wildlife

i also catch-and-release 90% of the time
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:23 pm I enjoy hunting and lots of other outdoorsy things. I have never found the appeal in fishing.
Would it help to rephrase “fishing” to something more along the lines of “drinking about 15 beers?”
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

(It was either that or some OP joke about “know how I know you’re gay?”)
Deleted User 863

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:25 pm i also catch-and-release 90% of the time
As an animal lover you don't find that cruel?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:23 pm I enjoy hunting and lots of other outdoorsy things. I have never found the appeal in fishing.
Switch the words hunting and fishing for me
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.