COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
randylahey

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by randylahey »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:51 am we are done following the science. have been.

with the current administration we are following the politics.
Correct 1000 percent. Its been that way though. There is nothing scientific about wearing mask outdoors to counter a respiratory disease. There is nothing scientific scientific about vaccinating an entire population to counter a virus thats relatively harmless to 99 percent
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:41 pm I don't think coronaviruses care who's in office.

What matters is people (globally) getting vaccinated.
i'm wondering if you were so generous 9 months ago.

probably not.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

If you refuse to get vaccinated you can’t blame ol’ Joe.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:34 pm uncle joe made a lot of promises on the campaign trail. there wasn't anything that he couldn't do better.

so far, zip. zilch.
He is leaving it in the hands of the public to do the right thing, exactly as you are asking him to. We have been provided every tool necessary to drastically reduce this pandemic and the freedum to choose what to do with it. We're just seeing that the public in general is just too wary, selfish, uneducated and/or partisan to handle that freedum.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the only thing i fault uncle joe for is running his fat mouth on the campaign trail.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And to the people looking at this from a finite resources point of view. The earth is not about to sustainably support 8 billion people. Not with the current way we go about things. Finite system which has surpassed its carrying capacity. So a slow 1 percent decrease in population is technically a solution not a problem.

If you beleive this virus came from a lab in Wuhan, which seems likely, that both the Chinese and even our own government had some involvement with, than you should start to wonder why they are experimenting with gain of function viruses. And if you consider those factors, i am very interested to hear what conclusions some of you come to
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:46 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:41 pm I don't think coronaviruses care who's in office.

probably not.
All of the tools necessary to fight covid were not available to me 9 months ago.

Now they are.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:49 pm the only thing i fault uncle joe for is running his fat mouth on the campaign trail.
Wait wait wait. I thought the buck stopped with the guy in charge, etc.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:50 pm And to the people looking at this from a finite resources point of view. The earth is not about to sustainably support 8 billion people. Not with the current way we go about things. Finite system which has surpassed its carrying capacity. So a slow 1 percent decrease in population is technically a solution not a problem.

If you beleive this virus came from a lab in Wuhan, which seems likely, that both the Chinese and even our own government had some involvement with, than you should start to wonder why they are experimenting with gain of function viruses. And if you consider those factors, i am very interested to hear what conclusions some of you come to
Never go full lobster.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:50 pm And to the people looking at this from a finite resources point of view. The earth is not about to sustainably support 8 billion people. Not with the current way we go about things. Finite system which has surpassed its carrying capacity. So a slow 1 percent decrease in population is technically a solution not a problem.

You've watched too many "it's a global cabal conspiracy to lower the earth's population" YouTube videos.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:51 pm

Never go full lobster.
Guy is 2-3 Facebook clicks from going full Q.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And its probably not a coincidence the timing of a virus that allegedly (likely) was enhanced and 'escaped' a lab. The earth and human species are kind of at a tipping point. The current century a lot hangs in the balance. So whether it happened naturally or unnaturally, consider the bigger picture. The earth and human race has a lot bigger problems than covid. Shift your attention and stop obsessing with it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:51 pm

You've watched too many "it's a global cabal conspiracy to lower the earth's population" YouTube videos.
Meanwhile, governments all around the world, including to some extent, the US, are worried about low birth rates and what it means for future production.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I've never watched a single YouTube conspiracy. The earth is in a mass extinction period right now. Of everything around us. Its happening at a really fast pace. Geologically speaking. Just consider things
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I am a bit confused that the virus is both being created/coordinated by big secret government(s) in order to control the population but also it's nothing to be afraid of because it doesn't pose a threat.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:50 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:49 pm the only thing i fault uncle joe for is running his fat mouth on the campaign trail.
Wait wait wait. I thought the buck stopped with the guy in charge, etc.
You'll get whiplash trying to keep track of how many different stances he has had on that one. Seems like he mostly just goes with whatever sounds good at the time rather than any sort of consistent stance.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Birth rates tend to be lower in more developed countries for a number or reasons. Women tend to have careers instead or focusing on birthing and raising children. In part because of the time invested in education and establishing careers in their coming of adult years, which happen to be biologically the years humans have historically reproduced the most (late teens-20s)
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:54 pm I've never watched a single YouTube conspiracy. The earth is in a mass extinction period right now. Of everything around us. Its happening at a really fast pace. Geologically speaking. Just consider things
Geologically speaking, a million years is a speck of sand in the desert so that's a pretty dumb scale to apply to everything just to support your POV.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:46 pm

probably not.
I was very critical of a lot of the things Trump said, when he said stupid things. I was also critical of his early response to things. I gave him a lot of credit for doing the right things in terms of the vaccine rollout and development.

But, in general, presidents get to much criticism when catastrophes happen and they get too much credit when things go well.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

So certain countries (like ours) have stable or slowly declining populations. Part of that stems from the aging baby boomers too. And our government is looking at it from a future taxpayer point of view. But the global population is still on its exponential growth curve. Even through this pandemic. So our country could easily stabilize its population through immigration