COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:27 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:22 am I think the context, though, was the street level guys. And then look at the opposite voting endorsements the police unions have compared to other labor unions.
I get it. But i also don't always feel cops are as inherently bad as some do around here. I think the very few bad ones really fuck it up for the good ones.
I don't think anyone thinks cops are inherently bad, but rather the environment we have created in many places might be a safe haven for bad mentality and behavior. I think everyone has just been saying that the profession leans right, not that they are all the bad type of right wingers.

As far as a few fucking up the name of the rest, I'm quite familiar with that given the public opinion of my profession. There's just some terrible people out there.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:31 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:28 am I haven't asked. I know his chiropractor wife is not vaxxed.
Probably a good indicator.

All the chiropractors i know are weird.
And very anti-vax on average.

Chiropractors, along with a select few in academia, are the only people I have ever met that always automatically correct people when they say Mr. Smith instead of Dr. Smith.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:52 am
randylahey wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:51 am My biggest take away is we desperately need a political reform. We need a third people to get more support. Can't keep electing politicians that are going to use and manipulate real world situations to this degree. Covid become so tied into the elections and over politicized that a lot of Americans are just like what the fuck. Can't take an honest open minded look at the situation
We've needed a 3rd party my whole life. Too much money in the 2 warring (whoring?) factions though
A third party doesnt change anything other than that there would be three parties full of donors expecting something for their money.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:37 am
randylahey wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:51 am My biggest take away is we desperately need a political reform. We need a third people to get more support. Can't keep electing politicians that are going to use and manipulate real world situations to this degree. Covid become so tied into the elections and over politicized that a lot of Americans are just like what the fuck. Can't take an honest open minded look at the situation
We've needed a 3rd party my whole life. Too much money in the 2 warring (whoring?) factions though
A third party doesnt change anything other than that there would be three parties full of donors expecting something for their money.
What would be a lot more meaningful and impactful would be ranked-choice voting in state and local elections.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:34 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:28 am I haven't asked. I know his chiropractor wife is not vaxxed.

Chiropractors, along with a select few in academia, are the only people I have ever met that always automatically correct people when they say Mr. Smith instead of Dr. Smith.
And weirdly, all the super religious people I know go to chiropractors. My cousin's crazy anti-Dem wife works as a scheduler for a "Wellness Clinic" where they have chiropractors, nutritionists, etc... I find it hilarious when she posts stuff on Facebook about how God has provided her body with everything it needs to fight off covid while she schedules people to come in for a $200 treatment that consists of an IV bag full of vitamins, UV light treatment and some creepy doctor allegedly realigning your bones.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:32 am

Oh for sure. Fake doctors.
My chiro cousin is a huge anti vaxxer. I can't even talk to him. Total idiot.

He also was also one of those serial MLM people selling weightlose shit that clearly didn't work (judging by his wife who was always endorsing them and selling them but still obese prior to having a tummy tuck and lipo).
Deleted User 863

I have noticed that too!
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:41 am

And weirdly, all the super religious people I know go to chiropractors. My cousin's crazy anti-Dem wife works as a scheduler for a "Wellness Clinic" where they have chiropractors, nutritionists, etc... I find it hilarious when she posts stuff on Facebook about how God has provided her body with everything it needs to fight off covid while she schedules people to come in for a $200 treatment that consists of an IV bag full of vitamins, UV light treatment and some creepy doctor allegedly realigning your bones.
I recall from my rural Kansas days the same person who was always at the chiropractor did some protesting against starting yoga classes at her NAIA christian college because it was practicing eastern religion.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:42 am

He also was also one of those serial MLM people selling weightlose shit that clearly didn't work (judging by his wife who was always endorsing them and selling them but still obese prior to having a tummy tuck and lipo).
Jeebus, I could fill another 400-page thread just about MLM.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:54 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:49 am I suppose we need to differentiate between anti-vax generally, and anti-Covid-vax.

I think LEO skews right. And anti-Covid-vax is absolutely a right-wing thing.
I wish there was a venn diagram for racist cops and antivax cops. I bet there's a lot of overlap. Both are fueled by ignorance.
Theres a lot of black cops these days. Black people are the least vaccinated population by a significant margin. They don't trust the government or vaccines and rightfully so. So that blows your whole assumption out of the water. But your assumption was fueled by ignorance
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:37 am
Potentially. A third party could be fueled by small donations from lots of people. The libertarian party is kind of that. Party of the people
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:45 am

Moms Losing Money?
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:50 am

Moms Losing Money?
Multi-Level Marketing AKA pyramid schemes.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

randylahey wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:48 am
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:54 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:49 am I suppose we need to differentiate between anti-vax generally, and anti-Covid-vax.

I think LEO skews right. And anti-Covid-vax is absolutely a right-wing thing.
I wish there was a venn diagram for racist cops and antivax cops. I bet there's a lot of overlap. Both are fueled by ignorance.
Theres a lot of black cops these days. Black people are the least vaccinated population by a significant margin. They don't trust the government or vaccines and rightfully so. So that blows your whole assumption out of the water. But your assumption was fueled by ignorance
Struggle. Bus.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Moms Losing Money?
Never heard that, that's great.

I like how they are referred to as "huns."
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:52 am

Moms Losing Money?
Right. So. Moms losing money. Plexis, advocare, luluroe, beach body fitness coach etc etc. I have an in law that has literally tried and failed at each and every one in existence i think.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:00 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:52 am

Moms Losing Money?
Right. So. Moms losing money. Plexis, advocare, luluroe, beach body fitness coach etc etc. I have an in law that has literally tried and failed at each and every one in existence i think.
Yeah, my friend's ex-wife was a serial project starter. Ran a website selling hippie kids toys, bought some fool-proof system to make millions as a day trader, sold a handful of weird Amway-type things. It's all just low level cons meant to rip off flakes and idiots.
Deleted User 863

🤣🤣🤣

#metoo
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"Theres a lot of black cops these days..."
Fewer than 12% of officers are black ( 2019 Census Bureau ).

"But your assumption was fueled by ignorance..."
But your statement about 'a lot of black cops' is also somewhat ignorant. Unless <12% is a lot.
Deleted User 902

Post by Deleted User 902 »

pdub wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:05 am "Theres a lot of black cops these days..."
Fewer than 12% of officers are black ( 2019 Census Bureau ).

"But your assumption was fueled by ignorance..."
But your statement about 'a lot of black cops' is also somewhat ignorant. Unless <12% is a lot.
Pdubs actually making good points? Shit, you know that’s when this thread is being derailed by the misinformation crew he allows a platform to spout off their bullshit.