COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Overlander »

sdoyel wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:55 pm Covidiots

Step up on him make it perfectly clear that you ARE NOT fucking playing....and this guy is out of your face forever
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

🤦‍♂️

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

https://time.com/6092368/americas-front ... formation/

How 'America's Frontline Doctors' Sold Access to Bogus COVID-19 Treatments—and Left Patients in the Lurch

people need their licenses revoked
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

sdoyel wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:56 am 🤦‍♂️

GBA! Baby!
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

The longer I live, the more convinced am I that this planet is used by other planets as a lunatic asylum.

— George Bernard Shaw
shindig

Post by shindig »

Overlander wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:22 pm
sdoyel wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:55 pm Covidiots

Step up on him make it perfectly clear that you ARE NOT fucking playing....and this guy is out of your face forever
Yeah, the dudes got some roid rage, trying to beat up an old guy. Then he gets popped and falls...lol.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Did he get popped? Looks to me like he just fell down.
Broham
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

A family friend of ours is having issues getting his heart surgery scheduled. Apparently his carotid is more than 90% blocked and he needs a little roto-rooter job done and a stent put in but they cannot find a bed nor the staff to perform the procedure. Hopefully he survives what was easily survivable two years ago.

But yes, everyone keep telling me how vaccines and masks are a choice that only affect the individual choosing.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Curious how hospitals are doing it in your guys area...

Here they have dedicated covid floors and teams. So patients aren't actually fighting for the same beds and nurses. The covid nurses have been seeing only covid patients. There is no back and forth to protect patients.

Curious why someone needing a surgery like that would be fighting with covid patients for a spot? Heart surgeons aren't working covid units and an operating room is different than an extended stay ICU room....obviously after surgery he'd probably be in an ICU room or something similar for a few days it sounds like...from the people i know around here, beds aren't nearly as big of a problem as staff shortages are.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mjl wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:32 pm
randylahey wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:13 pm
Mjl wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:06 pm Hey Randy, this is why we try to convince others to get vaccinated. People like you infringe on this guy's right to life you immoral piece of shit.

I am vaccinated. so... whats your point bud? check your emotions or dont post
But you're against vaccine requirements because you say it violates people's freedom. What about the freedom of the guy who dies because he can't be seen by the hospital because they're overwhelmed by Covid patients.

Jesus, could you miss the point any worse...
Still stand by the fact that most people don't need vaxed. And yes people will always deserve the freedom to make their own medical choices. Stop being so sensitive and blaming people for stuff that isn't their fault. Vaccinated people can still end up dead or in the icu too. Their is no one size fits all approach to this. Thats sad about your one little example of someone dying. But like I said 8 billion people on the planet man. Theres gonna be death. Always has always will. Things happen
Deleted User 89

lol...throw up your hands and say “oh well”

so incredibly selfish
illy wrote:cant make this stuff up
Deleted User 902

Post by Deleted User 902 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:23 am A family friend of ours is having issues getting his heart surgery scheduled. Apparently his carotid is more than 90% blocked and he needs a little roto-rooter job done and a stent put in but they cannot find a bed nor the staff to perform the procedure. Hopefully he survives what was easily survivable two years ago.

But yes, everyone keep telling me how vaccines and masks are a choice that only affect the individual choosing.
I mean, I know it's not going to happen because of that Hippocratic Oath bullshit, but at this point, I say if you are in the hospital with COVID, have not got the vaccine, and can get the vaccine (i.e. you are not under 12, you are not allergic to the vaccine, etc.) you get thrown out on the street when literally any other person comes in with non-COVID issues. Like bloody nose? Sorry, you get priority on uncle Chuck who is hanging on to dear life because he thought vaccines erase your DNA. Should've been smarter Chuck.

When I was hospitalized last August, I was basically just on a hospital bed in a hallway for the first 18 hours because they had no rooms. And that was when COVID was much better (at least in NYC) and no vaccines were obviously available. I couldn't imagine the shitstorm going on in hospitals right now but Randy's clan of assholes roaming the streets maskless telling people they don't need to be vaxxed.

Also, good job Dubs for continuing to allow anti-vax bullshit on your website.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I mean by that same logic you could accuse the person with a 90 percent clogged artery of being irresponsible too. That doesn't just happen overnight. If that person hadn't spent decades clogging their own arteries with a poor diet, it wouldn't matter what the covid situation was
Deleted User 89

https://www.sciencemagazinedigital.org/ ... eId1718552

The COVID-19 pandemic has revealed critical knowledge gaps in our understanding of and a need to update the traditional view of transmission pathways for respiratory viruses. The long-standing definitions of droplet and airborne transmission do not account for the mechanisms by which virus-laden respiratory droplets and aerosols travel through the air and lead to infection...
Although droplets produced by an infectious individual through coughing or sneezing may convey infection at short distances (<0.5 m), the number and viral load of aerosols produced through speaking and other expiratory activities are much higher than those of droplets (Display footnote number:8-10). Aerosols are small enough to linger in air, accumulate in poorly ventilated spaces, and be inhaled at both short and long ranges, calling for an urgent need to include aerosol precautions in current respiratory disease control protocols. During the COVID-19 pandemic, controls have focused mainly on protecting against droplet and fomite transmission, whereas the airborne route has required much more evidence before controls can be added to protect against it.
Despite the assumed dominance of droplet transmission, there is robust evidence supporting the airborne transmission of many respiratory viruses, including measles virus (16-18), influenza virus (19-24), respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) (25), human rhinovirus (hRV) (9, 26-28), adenovirus, enterovirus (29), severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARSCoV) (30, 31), Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) (32), and SARS-CoV-2 (33-36).
SARS-CoV-2 RNA has been detected and infectious virus has been recovered in aerosols ranging from 0.25 to >4 μm (34, 35, 40-44).
Laboratory studies have found that aerosolized SARS-CoV-2 has a half-life of ∼1 to 3 hours (45-47).
The factors affecting airborne transmission include viral load in different sized respiratory particles, the stability of the virus in aerosols, and the dose-response relationship for each virus (the probability of infection given exposure to a certain number of virions through a particular exposure route). Moreover, R0 is an average, and COVID-19 is greatly overdispersed, meaning that, under certain conditions, it can be highly contagious. Epidemiological studies have found that 10 to 20% of infected individuals account for 80 to 90% of subsequent infections for SARS-CoV-2, highlighting the heterogeneity in secondary attack rates (the proportion of exposed individuals who become infected) (60-63)...
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

You guys really only focus on the negative on here. It's unhealthy. Like we've known all along for every covid icu case there are like 99 that aren't. Even without vaccines. Some of you guys really need to get off the internet and take a fishing trip or something
Deleted User 89

randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:06 am You guys really only focus on the negative on here. It's unhealthy. Like we've known all along for every covid icu case there are like 99 that aren't. Even without vaccines. Some of you guys really need to get off the internet and take a fishing trip or something
if it bothers you so much, just quit posting, mich
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

It doesn't bother me at all its lowkey entertaining lol im not the one upset calling peoples names and demanding they all do what my opinion is. Im just saying yall do not seem in a very healthy mental place only dwelling on the negative
Deleted User 89

i prefer reality

the vaccines are a huge positive. that you fail to see that is on you
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Pretty sure Randy has never argued that the vaccines aren't a huge positive. But maybe i missed it?