COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
randylahey

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:21 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:14 pm You dont need an excuse. Its a personal choice. Most people don't need it. Simple as that. Ignoring the data is referring to the fact that most people can either avoid getting covid (eventually you probably will tho), or (more likely) get it and have either no symptoms (like half of reported cases, which means more than half, a lot of asymptomatic cases go unknown) or mild symptoms that go away. That is the vast majority. Yet you Debbie downers never comment on any of that and just keep posting about the marginalized negative side
Everyone should get it. Simple as that. It reduces the spread, fewer people get sick, when they do get sick they get less sick, and they're less likely to die. There's no down side to it. You can save yourself, and more importantly limit the spread. So you can save others too. Just because there's a choice doesn't mean there's not a right and wrong. It's that simple. You're the only one ignoring data. This is a communicable disease, something spread from person to person. You're ignoring that fact to peddle an agenda.

Why can't you personal freedoms admit that your' just scared of a needle. Why are you so afraid of a safe vaccine? Why are you these terrified little sissies who can't do the right thing and get inoculated. What are you afraid of? I don't get why you're so terrified of a shot? It's safe, the virus, as much as you want to pretend and make up data, is not safe. Even for young healthy people.

Stop ignoring the facts cause you're afraid of a pin-prick.
Buddy I've told you 10 times at least that I am vaccinated lol you ignore that too. Instead you keep embarrassing yourself by reposting the same broken narrative. I even told you why i got vaxxed too.. im exposed to an elderly relative fairly often who is dying from cancer. But i will admit im not a huge fan of needles,I did hate that aspect of it (dont know many that like needles). I literally don't have an agenda. Im recommending people make their own choice. I somewhat encourage people to get vaccinated, but there is a lot of realistic reasons why it isn't necessary for everyone. So I really don't care what choice anyone makes. You on the other hand, DO have a clear agenda. Demanding everyone get vaccinated. Ive owned you time and time again
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:24 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:21 pm I've also heard people say that if you have a stronger immune system you are more likely to have a stronger reaction to the vaccine. Meaning the less likely you are to be phased by covid, the more likely you are to be sicker from the vaccine. Because stronger immune systems tend to have stronger reactions to a vaccine being inserted into the body. Young people have been reported to have worse reactions to the vaccine, which supports that.

And if thats the case that's even more reason for healthy young people to skip the vaccine. They'll be exposed and their bodies will develop natural antibodies. And life goes on
You don't see that this is the problem?
my grandma (RIP) used to always have odd opinions, prefaced by “They say...”

but she could never tell me exactly who “they” were
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:24 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:17 pm And PhD ive never heard anyone talk about millions being dead from the jab until you mentioned it now. But there are a few instances of people dying from the vax that are confirmed. And a lot of reports of heart inflammation or other symptoms. Plus its normal to feel sick from a vaccine or even really sick.

So if there's a good chance the actual virus isn't going to affect you or barely affect you (which is true) then that's a justifiable reason to consider not getting vaxxed. Especially this far into the pandemic. I dont imagine many people that aren't vaxed at this point are going to change that. And that's ok
if the vaccine made you feel sick, that's almost a guarantee that the virus would have been worse. You're reaction is your immune system responding to the presence of a single protein from the virus, if you reacted negatively to that, you almost definitely would have had a worse reaction to the spike protein plus a virulent virus.

The likelihood of heart inflammation is significantly higher form the virus than from vaccines. The likelihood of blood clots are significantly higher than from the vaccines as well.

You just show how dumb you are when you bring this stuff up. You're ill-informed. I'm sorry, but that's factually true and proven by the idiotic things you post over and over.
This is false. People have had covid, had zero symptoms, then later gotten vaccinated, and had symptoms. College students are the best example of this. Because some schools are requiring students to be vaxxed to return to campus. So they are getting a vaccination for a virus that didn't affect them
Deleted User 89

randy arguing with phd about this is hilarious
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:30 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:24 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:21 pm I've also heard people say that if you have a stronger immune system you are more likely to have a stronger reaction to the vaccine. Meaning the less likely you are to be phased by covid, the more likely you are to be sicker from the vaccine. Because stronger immune systems tend to have stronger reactions to a vaccine being inserted into the body. Young people have been reported to have worse reactions to the vaccine, which supports that.

And if thats the case that's even more reason for healthy young people to skip the vaccine. They'll be exposed and their bodies will develop natural antibodies. And life goes on
You don't see that this is the problem?
my grandma (RIP) used to always have odd opinions, prefaced by “They say...”

but she could never tell me exactly who “they” were
Well you notice when I've heard people say stuff I notify that instead of declaring it to be absolute fact. But it makes sense. But there are reports of young people having more adverse reactions to the vax, which supports that.

Oddly enough, my grandma always used to say "they say" too lmao
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

You're terrified of a needle I get it. You want to excuse bad behaviour cause you can't stand needles, it's fine. You're a giant wimp and you want your weak behaviour to be excused and normalized. If there are lots of wimps like you, you won't feel so bad about yourself, I get it man.

There aren't a lot of reasonable reasons not to get vaccinated, that's a lie and proves that you do have an agenda. You are as politically motivated as anyone who posts here. You just pretend you aren't. You think if you say it enough it will make it true, but you're just a sheep following orders.

You don't understand science. You don't understand numbers. You've proven it time and time agains.

And yes, I DO have an agenda. I'd like everyone to get vaccinated, make no bones about it. I'd like to get through this pandemic without myself or anyone close to me having serious issues with Covid19. I'd like things to go back to normal. I'm not sure why you chose your agenda. You clearly want overrun hospitals, and government shut downs, and more mask mandates, and more people to die. I'm not sure why, I guess you're just a very shitty human being, probably because your mother never loved you.

The only thing you've owned on this board is your own stupidity. And don't call me buddy you little fucking cunt.
Last edited by PhDhawk on Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:32 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:17 pm And PhD ive never heard anyone talk about millions being dead from the jab until you mentioned it now. But there are a few instances of people dying from the vax that are confirmed. And a lot of reports of heart inflammation or other symptoms. Plus its normal to feel sick from a vaccine or even really sick.

So if there's a good chance the actual virus isn't going to affect you or barely affect you (which is true) then that's a justifiable reason to consider not getting vaxxed. Especially this far into the pandemic. I dont imagine many people that aren't vaxed at this point are going to change that. And that's ok
if the vaccine made you feel sick, that's almost a guarantee that the virus would have been worse. You're reaction is your immune system responding to the presence of a single protein from the virus, if you reacted negatively to that, you almost definitely would have had a worse reaction to the spike protein plus a virulent virus.

The likelihood of heart inflammation is significantly higher form the virus than from vaccines. The likelihood of blood clots are significantly higher than from the vaccines as well.

You just show how dumb you are when you bring this stuff up. You're ill-informed. I'm sorry, but that's factually true and proven by the idiotic things you post over and over.
This is false. People have had covid, had zero symptoms, then later gotten vaccinated, and had symptoms. College students are the best example of this. Because some schools are requiring students to be vaxxed to return to campus. So they are getting a vaccination for a virus that didn't affect them
The immune protection from the vaccine is stronger than from infection anyway. So it's a good thing to get vaccinated even if you've been infected.

Deleted User 89

i had a crazy adverse reaction to the vax

it’s most likely that i had an asymptomatic (or mildly symptomatic) case prior

all it means is that the vaccine triggered a stronger immune response than the initial infection...i’m better protected now than i would’ve been with just a natural infection

i don’t know why this is so hard to understand
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:34 pm randy arguing with phd about this is hilarious
Its getting embarrassing for the guy. Like no hard feelings PhD i know you mean well. But you dont even read or comprehend basic comments on here. So its pretty obvious everything you say is completely biased based on how you FEEL about covid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:35 pm

The immune protection from the vaccine is stronger than from infection anyway. So it's a good thing to get vaccinated even if you've been infected.
So you are completely changing your story now? Or what? Why is it better for you to be vaccinated if you've already had a confirmed case and it didn't cause any symptoms? Why is it necessary to get a vaccination if you already know for a fact that covid isn't going to phase you
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:36 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:34 pm randy arguing with phd about this is hilarious
Its getting embarrassing for the guy. Like no hard feelings PhD i know you mean well. But you dont even read or comprehend basic comments on here. So its pretty obvious everything you say is completely biased based on how you FEEL about covid.
Based on scientific fact.

Take your conspiracy theories somewhere else. You're dumb. You've proven it over and over.

Deleted User 89

no, it’s embarrassing for you

phd and i are in the same boat...we’re professional scientists. our jobs are to look objectively at data, and remove feelings

you do the same thing lobs used to - cherry picking the parts of the data that suit your argument and your agenda. example: going on and on about death stats and ignoring the ~30% of cases that suffer long-term complications
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:39 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:35 pm

So you are completely changing your story now? Or what? Why is it better for you to be vaccinated if you've already had a confirmed case and it didn't cause any symptoms? Why is it necessary to get a vaccination if you already know for a fact that covid isn't going to phase you
Community spread.

Also, you don't know that.

If you had the alpha variant, your reaction to the delta variant could be very different. They've shown now that it's more virulent. Are you not paying attention to the latest studies Randy, what a shocker.

AND FOR THE 1000th TIME. The vaccine isn't just for the individucal, it's to stop community spread. It's to protect the most vulnerable. The fact that it isn't 100% protective only makes it more important for everyone to get vaccinated, not less.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:40 pm

phd and i are in the same boat...we’re professional scientists. our jobs are to look objectively at data, and remove feelings

you do the same thing lobs used to - cherry picking the parts of the data that suit your argument and your agenda. example: going on and on about death stats and ignoring the ~30% of cases that suffer long-term complications
Yes, Randy is the most emotionally motivated person who is still allowed to post here.

Sadly, I don't think he's as smart as lobster was.

Deleted User 89

vaccination is also important to limit the strain in the healthcare system
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Well isn't 70 percent a lot bigger than 30 percent? Wouldn't that mean that you are the one cherry picking? That is pretty easy data to crunch
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:35 pm The immune protection from the vaccine is stronger than from infection anyway. So it's a good thing to get vaccinated even if you've been infected.
Not disputing, but do you have a link?

Just curious because Dr Gupta was on CNN the other night as was asked about this and said it was unclear.
Deleted User 89

randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:44 pm

Well isn't 70 percent a lot bigger than 30 percent? Wouldn't that mean that you are the one cherry picking? That is pretty easy data to crunch
do you know what “cherry-picking” means, illy?

jfc...
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:44 pm

Are you really that dumb?

You think an infectious disease ONLY matters if it has negative outcomes in a majority of cases?

You might be the dumbest individual I've ever encountered.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:44 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:35 pm The immune protection from the vaccine is stronger than from infection anyway. So it's a good thing to get vaccinated even if you've been infected.
Not disputing, but do you have a link?

Just curious because Dr Gupta was on CNN the other night as was asked about this and said it was unclear.
https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021 ... ction.html