COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 89

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 89 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:44 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:35 pm The immune protection from the vaccine is stronger than from infection anyway. So it's a good thing to get vaccinated even if you've been infected.
Not disputing, but do you have a link?

Just curious because Dr Gupta was on CNN the other night as was asked about this and said it was unclear.
do you ever look up anything for yourself?

maybe stop watching cnn and fauxnews for a while...

https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/06/2 ... infection/
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

If your absolute worst case scenario percentage wise is 30 percent suffering some lingering symptoms from it, that means 70 percent dont. Thats over twice as much. 30 percent is a big chunk, but sadly if you took the bottom 30 percent of this country its a very sad sorry unhealthy looking bunch. That is why a one size fits all method will never be appropriate for this virus
Last edited by randylahey on Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:47 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:35 pm The immune protection from the vaccine is stronger than from infection anyway. So it's a good thing to get vaccinated even if you've been infected.

Just curious because Dr Gupta was on CNN the other night as was asked about this and said it was unclear.

This comment is one thing we can fully agree on. If cnn or fox news are your sources, you're fucked. The 2 most biased networks from completely opposite ends
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Some thoughts...

55% ish of our country is fully vaccinated. 75%ish of our country is vaccinated. And we've had 39,000,000+ confirmed cases of covid.

It's still surging right now to 2nd worst levels of entire pandemic. That may be an indicator that herd immunity is unattainable due, right?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:48 pm If you absolute worst case scenario percentage wise is 30 percent suffering some lingering symptoms for it, that means 70 percent dont. Thats over twice as much. 30 percent is a big chunk, but sadly of you took the bottom 30 percent of this country its a very sad sorry unhealthy looking bunch. That is why a one size fits all method will never be appropriate for this virus
Except that the vaccine is good for everyone. There's no argument otherwise based on any data.

I know you think saying "one size fits all" makes you sound thoughtful, but it doesn't. It's stupid. You're dumb for thinking whatever facebook meme you saw it on was a good point.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 863

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:47 pm

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021 ... ction.html
Thanks!
Deleted User 89

randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:49 pm

This comment is one thing we can fully agree on. If cnn or fox news are your sources, you're fucked. The 2 most biased networks from completely opposite ends
it’s actually no wonder that he has a tendency to lump everyone into one of two groups...it’s fucking lazy and tiresome
Deleted User 863

Sometimes i do. Other times i ask.

I am not watching the news right now. I am watching Beethoven 3 with my kids.
Deleted User 863

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:53 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:49 pm

it’s actually no wonder that he has a tendency to lump everyone into one of two groups...it’s fucking lazy and tiresome
It's also not an accident you douchebag.

Also, LOL @ you talking about lumping people into groups. You're perfectly fine doing it to Republicans. You just don't like it when I do it to your side. Which is why I do it.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:51 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:48 pm If you absolute worst case scenario percentage wise is 30 percent suffering some lingering symptoms for it, that means 70 percent dont. Thats over twice as much. 30 percent is a big chunk, but sadly of you took the bottom 30 percent of this country its a very sad sorry unhealthy looking bunch. That is why a one size fits all method will never be appropriate for this virus
Except that the vaccine is good for everyone. There's no argument otherwise based on any data.

I know you think saying "one size fits all" makes you sound thoughtful, but it doesn't. It's stupid. You're dumb for thinking whatever facebook meme you saw it on was a good point.
Was it good for the people that got really sick from it? Was it good for the few people that died from it? Because it was more likely covid wouldn't affect them than it would
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

What about the people that already had and beat covid, with or without symptoms. There were millions that had covid before vaccines were even available. Why is it justifiable to force them to get a vaccine for a virus they already beat
Deleted User 89

i got sick from the vax, and glad i did...it means my immune system is more primed than it would have otherwise been to deal with variants
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

One fact some of you do continue to ignore is at least 50 percent of cases are completely asymptomatic. Nothing long term, no icu, no death, absolutely nothing. It could be a good deal higher. People don't tend to get tested for something if they aren't sick. Because why would they? So a lot of asymptomatic cases are going untested and unreported

So why is it necessary to force all of them to be vaxxed too
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:56 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:51 pm

Was it good for the people that got really sick from it? Was it good for the few people that died from it? Because it was more likely covid wouldn't affect them than it would
You're talking about a number in the single digits of deaths as mattering, meanwhile you're saying 4.5 million deaths is not a big thing. Again, I know you're not good at math, but about a million times more people have died from Covid19 than the vaccine. Tell me again about how you don't have an agenda when you say 200 million infections and 4.5 million lives lost is no big deal, but now a handful of individuals, out of more than 5 BILLION vaccinations is suddenly a cause for concern.

Also, you keep insisting that the disgusting fat asses with other health issues who you claim are the only people who died from Covid19 don't matter. Out of curiousity, have you seen the comorbidities associated with the handful of people who had deaths linked to the vaccine? They were the types of people who you repeatedly say don't matter. I imagine they'd have done poorly with the virus as well.

Deleted User 89

nobody is being forced

but don’t let that stop you, randy
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:08 pm One fact some of you do continue to ignore is at least 50 percent of cases are completely asymptomatic. Nothing long term, no icu, no death, absolutely nothing. It could be a good deal higher. People don't tend to get tested for something if they aren't sick. Because why would they? So a lot of asymptomatic cases are going untested and unreported

That's just another reason to get vaccinated. The fact that many can spread it without knowing makes it worse, not better. If you were sick, at least you would stay home, but with asymptomatic carriers, you could have it and spread it and not even be aware of it. Again, more reason to get vaccinated to reduce your chances of getting it at all.

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Yes its documented that both covid cases and vaccinations tend to have good outcomes. And its documented that there can be bad outcomes to both too. You just made my argument for me. So why force people to inject one directly into their system under those circumstances? Let them choose
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:11 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:08 pm One fact some of you do continue to ignore is at least 50 percent of cases are completely asymptomatic. Nothing long term, no icu, no death, absolutely nothing. It could be a good deal higher. People don't tend to get tested for something if they aren't sick. Because why would they? So a lot of asymptomatic cases are going untested and unreported

That's just another reason to get vaccinated. The fact that many can spread it without knowing makes it worse, not better. If you were sick, at least you would stay home, but with asymptomatic carriers, you could have it and spread it and not even be aware of it. Again, more reason to get vaccinated to reduce your chances of getting it at all.
But vaccinated people still transmit it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:15 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:11 pm

But vaccinated people still transmit it
Only when they get it. and they have less chance of getting it.

And that wasn't the case for the alpha variant, we're still not sure if vaccinated people can transmit the delta variant as easily as unvaccinated or if it is reduced. And, when there is a delta specific vaccine, they probably won't.

When we're talking about a global pandemic you play the odds, you do the things that give you the best chance. You don't look at breakthrough cases and throw your hands up. Yes, they do happen, but they happen less frequently. So you should still get vaccinated.

You lock your car doors to prevent your car from being broken into, someone can still get in your car, it's just less likely.

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And we would all be less likely to drown if we all wore life jackets everyday. But is it really necessary?

PhD anyone can make up analogies that don't quite translate. it doesn't prove a point