COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 89

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 89 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:13 am
jhawks99 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:54 am Whataboutism, Whataboutism, Whataboutism, Whataboutism, Whataboutism, Whataboutism, Whataboutism, Whataboutism.
You guys have been doing it for weeks in the Afghanistan thread, suddenly it's issue? You're like the blue state govs who want mask mandates but have been photographed breaking their own rules. The "rules" don't apply to your side, only the other side. Either you dislike whataboutisms or you dont...which is it?

He took issue with red states counting deaths on the day the occur....said he wasn't surprised. I pointed out that a blue state is the one who downright lied about numbers to look better. Which do you think is worse?
there is a huge difference, imo

Afghanistan necessarily includes previous administrations and their actions. bringing them up isn’t so much “whatboutism” as it is trying to better understand all the ins, outs and nuances of our longest war

here, you’re deliberately using whataboutism to apparently downplay the shenanigans in florida

news flash! both situations, in new york and florida, are awful...one doesn’t have to be worse than the other
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:20 am
jhawks99 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:54 am Whataboutism, Whataboutism, Whataboutism, Whataboutism, Whataboutism, Whataboutism, Whataboutism, Whataboutism.
You guys have been doing it for weeks in the Afghanistan thread, suddenly it's issue? You're like the blue state govs who want mask mandates but have been photographed breaking their own rules. The "rules" don't apply to your side, only the other side. Either you dislike whataboutisms or you dont...which is it?

He took issue with red states counting deaths on the day the occur....said he wasn't surprised. I pointed out that a blue state is the one who downright lied about numbers to look better. Which do you think is worse?
Neither should be happening. It doesn't matter which is worse. Quit trying to win.
Woah, wait a minute, i thought it only matters when things are worse? Can't do a whataboutism unless it's worse. Those are the rules you guys have made here. I am just trying to keep up (guess i will try harder).

Did you even read the fucking article or just the headline? The only thing they changed is now the death counts for the day it happened. That's MUCH worse than lying about deaths.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:47 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:43 am
PhDhawk wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:34 am Florida changed its COVID-19 data, creating an ‘artificial decline’ in recent deaths

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/corona ... rylink=cpy
This is fully what I expected out of Florida and Texas.
Didn't New York lie about nursing home deaths?

Bet you didn't expect that? 🙄😒🤔

It's not like FL or Texas are not counting the deaths. They just changed which date the death corresponds to? Why isn't it okay to use the actual date the person died?
I mentioned this earlier in the thread - but that's exactly what Florida did, they stopped officially counting the deaths. You can download the most recent report for each state on the CDC's website. It's explicitly stated in there.
Deleted User 863

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:22 am

there is a huge difference, imo

Afghanistan necessarily includes previous administrations and their actions. bringing them up isn’t so much “whatboutism” as it is trying to better understand all the ins, outs and nuances of our longest war

here, you’re deliberately using whataboutism to apparently downplay the shenanigans in florida

news flash! both situations, in new york and florida, are awful...one doesn’t have to be worse than the other
Did you read the article? You didn't did you?

They're counting deaths on the day the happened. GASP! Those poor line graphs, how will they adjust? 🙄
Deleted User 863

"That’s because it takes time for deaths to be evaluated and death certificates processed. When those deaths finally are tallied, they are assigned to the actual data of death — creating a spike where there once existed a downslope and moving the downslope forward in time."

That's what you're mad about. Seriously?

Deaths should be evaluated/recorded/processed before they're classified, right? And it's reasonable to count their death on the day it happens, right?

More fake outrage.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:32 am "That’s because it takes time for deaths to be evaluated and death certificates processed. When those deaths finally are tallied, they are assigned to the actual data of death — creating a spike where there once existed a downslope and moving the downslope forward in time."

Deaths should be evaluated/recorded/processed before they're classified, right? And it's reasonable to count their death on the day it happens, right?

More fake outrage.
All I said was that it didn't surprise me that Florida is continuing to do little things to skew the counts in the manner they want it to look. Constantly changing the criteria for data makes it invalid over time as a useful means of showing what happened. No outrage at all, let alone fake outrage.
Deleted User 863

Mjl wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:28 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:47 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:43 am

This is fully what I expected out of Florida and Texas.
Didn't New York lie about nursing home deaths?

Bet you didn't expect that? 🙄😒🤔

It's not like FL or Texas are not counting the deaths. They just changed which date the death corresponds to? Why isn't it okay to use the actual date the person died?
I mentioned this earlier in the thread - but that's exactly what Florida did, they stopped officially counting the deaths. You can download the most recent report for each state on the CDC's website. It's explicitly stated in there.
Totally different topic than the change in recording being discussed.

As far as the topic you brought up, i agree they should count covid deaths as covid deaths. But the important number to know is who is dying FROM covid, and not including everyone that dies "with or maybe with" covid. If it's a partial cause of death, even if not the primary cause, it should count as a covid death imo.....if covid wasn't truly at least partly to blame for the death then i don't think it should count as a covid death. And i am not talking about the random care accident where someone had covid and got hit by a train, those are so rare it is dumb to mention them.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:36 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:32 am "That’s because it takes time for deaths to be evaluated and death certificates processed. When those deaths finally are tallied, they are assigned to the actual data of death — creating a spike where there once existed a downslope and moving the downslope forward in time."

More fake outrage.
All I said was that it didn't surprise me that Florida is continuing to do little things to skew the counts in the manner they want it to look. Constantly changing the criteria for data makes it invalid over time as a useful means of showing what happened. No outrage at all, let alone fake outrage.
It only skews it for a short time on the line graph because of the change in reporting. After those deaths are recorded and counted it doesn't skew anything. It makes the daily count accurate. They still get counted.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:34 am Florida changed its COVID-19 data, creating an ‘artificial decline’ in recent deaths

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/corona ... rylink=cpy
GROSS.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 89

but, but, but...NEW YORK!

CUOMO!!

CUOMO’s BROTHER!!

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:38 am

More fake outrage.
It only skews it for a short time on the line graph because of the change in reporting. After those deaths are recorded and counted it doesn't skew anything. It makes the daily count accurate. They still get counted.
If the change truly changes nothing then why did they do it?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

It does skew the numbers. Look at Worldometer for Florida each day. They keep reporting 20000+ cases and like 8 deaths. It's like a third world country.
Deleted User 902

Post by Deleted User 902 »

Mjl wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:51 am It does skew the numbers. Look at Worldometer for Florida each day. They keep reporting 20000+ cases and like 8 deaths. It's like a third world country.
Just checked out Worldmeter, it says that 900k people in Florida are currently infected, but yesterday they reported no new deaths. Pretty incredible.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:48 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:38 am

If the change truly changes nothing then why did they do it?
To have time to evaluate and process deaths/death certificates apparently? I certainly don't think deaths should be counted as covid deaths before they've been evaluated, do you? And it's reasonable to count them on the day they occur, right?

I don't know why they did it, but it doesn't make much difference after a few weeks when it's all being recorded the same....and any short term appearance of drop in deaths is easily explainable both to the public and on the graphs themselves.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

dub needs a codpiece wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:55 am Just checked out Worldmeter, it says that 900k people in Florida are currently infected, but yesterday they reported no new deaths. Pretty incredible.
guess that means the vaccine is working.
Deleted User 863

Mjl wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:51 am It does skew the numbers. Look at Worldometer for Florida each day. They keep reporting 20000+ cases and like 8 deaths. It's like a third world country.
It will catch up once those deaths are evaluated and processed. The deaths count on the day the person dies.
Deleted User 863

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:47 am but, but, but...NEW YORK!

CUOMO!!

CUOMO’s BROTHER!!

I am looking for the tweets/articles/outrage from you guys when the story broke about New York purposely under counting deaths, but i can't seem to find much of anything. Weird. Maybe you guys just missed that day? After 4+ years of never missing a single tweet or story to be outraged about/create a thread for, i am sure we can give you guys a pass for missing that 1.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

look for the cuomo 2020 thread. you will find what you are looking for there.
Deleted User 89

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:11 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:47 am but, but, but...NEW YORK!

CUOMO!!

CUOMO’s BROTHER!!

I am looking for the tweets/articles/outrage from you guys when the story broke about New York purposely under counting deaths, but i can't seem to find much of anything. Weird. Maybe you guys just missed that day? After 4+ years of never missing a single tweet or story to be outraged about/create a thread for, i am sure we can give you guys a pass for missing that 1.
not that you care, but it’s not like trump was a normal pub. it’s been widely. it’s that he broke many norms, previously adhered to by both republican and democratic administrations. i mean, the Lincoln Project should tell you all you need to know

that you don’t realize this, and continue on this crusade to get your win and keep whomever you view as a lib in check only serves to make you look more foolish than you already do
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:27 am (guess i will try harder).
Is that even possible? You might end up with an inguinal hernia if you do.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.