COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 887

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 887 »

sdoyel wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:19 pm
NotGutterGutter wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:41 pm Looks like Candy the __________ got a hold of Jr's blow.
Seriously, wtf is wrong with her other than she appears she MAY be suffering the affects of cocaine usage (and having Covid?).

Funny how it works when they actually do come down with Covid. Why doesn’t she just ride it out?
Different ways to see you through
All the same in the end
Peculiar star, that's who you are
Do you have to win?

Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Deleted User 863

sdoyel wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:19 pm Funny how it works when they actually do come down with Covid. Why doesn’t she just ride it out?
I don't think she actually has covid. She wanted to test before doing a public event.
Deleted User 887

I can use some help/advice.......

Phone call 5:30pm last night went something like this......

Her: Hello
Me: Hi Doris, it's (my name).
Her: Hi (my name). I hope you and your mom are well. So I assume you read my email.
Me: Thanks. Mom and I are good - knock on wood. Thanks for asking (she didn't ask). Yes I did read your email, I hope all is well with you and your family.
Her: Yes, as you read, someone on the 17th floor tested positive for Covid and both David and Hussein were exposed to this person so we are having them quarantine for 10 days and get tested. I hate to ask you this but I am going to need you to come in to the office the next two weeks and fill in for them.
Me: Well, normally I would say of course and no problem but I am scheduled to be on vacation the next two weeks and I have both the Jewish holidays and am going out of town. (Which she knew two weeks ago and she herself told me to make sure I relax and enjoy my time off).
Her: Oh, oh, oh, forget it. I'm sorry. I forgot.
Me: Well, we're off for the holiday (Labor Day) on Monday but I can come in on Tuesday for half the day. Then I have to go to Temple and I am leaving to go out of town on Wednesday.
Her: No, no, no, don't worry about it but I do need you to come in this Friday to give me some help.
Me: Of course.
Her: Probably around 8:00am.
Me: No problem.
Her: Thanks! I'll send you an email calendar invite and confirm the time.
Me: Great.
Her: Ok, have a nice evening.
Me: You too.

Actually, I said "no problem" but it is a problem - for me.
I just don't feel safe working in my office with people who I don't know if they are Covid positive. I say being that have to spend extended time with my 88 year old mother on Monday and Tuesday as well as with elderly people in Temple and at my cousin's house Tuesday night. God forbid I "catch it" and pass it on to them.
Problem is I would be a huge hypocrite to tell her I'm uncomfortable coming in to the office and am going to chose not to - and yet still go to Temple on Tuesday and go through an airport and get on a 4 hour plane ride and be on vacation for a week.
So..... What do I do?
Deleted User 887

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:05 am
In other words, one woman was somewhat civil (despite doing what I feel is/was wrong) while another one responded in her typical fashion by choosing to be the condescending cunt that she is?

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/09/02/s ... lee-aspen/
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

actions have consequences
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I don't know who Candice Owens is, but she should have been tested.
Broham
Deleted User 887

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:12 am I don't know who Candice Owens is, but she should have been tested.
I agree
Deleted User 863

sdoyel wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:03 am
I know A LOT of vaccinated parents who are unsure if they will have their kids get vaccinated when it becomes available. Most don't say they never will, just that they're going to wait a while and make sure weird things don't start popping up.

I think we will let my kids get it when it becomes available.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:21 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:05 am
In other words, one woman was somewhat civil (despite doing what I feel is/was wrong) while another one responded in her typical fashion by choosing to be the condescending cunt that she is?

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/09/02/s ... lee-aspen/
Responding to an adult answer that she doesn't agree with by being a condescending ass looking to publicly shame the person. I can see why some people here like her.
Last edited by twocoach on Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:41 am actions have consequences
Hopefully the consequences are not that a known anti-masker, anti-vaxxer was allowed to spread covid through their community due to the person failing to allow Owens to be tested.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:10 am I can use some help/advice.......

Her: Hi (my name). I hope you and your mom are well. So I assume you read my email.
Me: Thanks. Mom and I are good - knock on wood. Thanks for asking (she didn't ask). Yes I did read your email, I hope all is well with you and your family.
Her: Yes, as you read, someone on the 17th floor tested positive for Covid and both David and Hussein were exposed to this person so we are having them quarantine for 10 days and get tested. I hate to ask you this but I am going to need you to come in to the office the next two weeks and fill in for them.
Me: Well, normally I would say of course and no problem but I am scheduled to be on vacation the next two weeks and I have both the Jewish holidays and am going out of town. (Which she knew two weeks ago and she herself told me to make sure I relax and enjoy my time off).
Me: Well, we're off for the holiday (Labor Day) on Monday but I can come in on Tuesday for half the day. Then I have to go to Temple and I am leaving to go out of town on Wednesday.
Her: No, no, no, don't worry about it but I do need you to come in this Friday to give me some help.

I just don't feel safe working in my office with people who I don't know if they are Covid positive. I say being that have to spend extended time with my 88 year old mother on Monday and Tuesday as well as with elderly people in Temple and at my cousin's house Tuesday night. God forbid I "catch it" and pass it on to them.
Problem is I would be a huge hypocrite to tell her I'm uncomfortable coming in to the office and am going to chose not to - and yet still go to Temple on Tuesday and go through an airport and get on a 4 hour plane ride and be on vacation for a week.
So..... What do I do?
I think you answered your own question. If you are comfortable enough taking precautions to do those activities then you could probably figure out a way to take enough precautions to safely mitigate your risks at your workplace for a day. I obviously dont know your workplace, how close people are and how prolonged your exposure to unmasked coworkers may be. Are a lot of people going in to your workplace? There have been several days where I was the only person in my office when I went in. My employer is asking people to reduce the days that they come in to the office. I am slated to be in 2 days a week and have been asked to reduce that if possible.
Last edited by twocoach on Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

gutter is playing the hysteria to his advantage. he is too scared to go to work. but not too scared to fly to his vacation.

if your employer lets you get away with it. well played.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:23 am if your employer lets you get away with it. well played.
so mature

i hope this is what you’re teaching your spawn
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:20 am
NotGutterGutter wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:10 am I can use some help/advice.......

So..... What do I do?
I think you answered your own question. If you are comfortable enough taking precautions to do those activities then you could probably figure out a way to take enough precautions to safely mitigate your risks at your workplace for a day. I obviously dont know your workplace, how close people are and how prolonged your exposure to unmasked coworkers may be. Are a lot of people going in to your workplace? There have been several days where I was the only person in my office when I went in. My employer is asking people to reduce the days that they come in to the office. I am slated to be in 2 days a week and have been asked to reduce that if possible.
My supervisory philosophy: If it isn't safe to go to work, it isn't safe to go on vacation; if it is safe to go on vacation, it is safe to go to work, and I expect you to be here unless you are ill or otherwise incapacitated.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

whoa, gutter’s real name is Doris?

that does fit the grandma vibe
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

he is working the system. no different than the "exhanced unemployment gang" or the "i don't have to pay my rent cause you can't evict me gang"

we created this system. might as well work it.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:10 am

Then you fucked up.
Why can't you speak up for yourself?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Another reason to get vaccinated:

Risk of Long COVID Falls by Half in 'Breakthrough' Cases

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news ... ough-cases
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.