COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 902

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 902 »

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/02/10335864 ... y-arkansas

Inmates Weren't Told They Were Given An Anti-Parasite Drug Instead Of COVID-19 Meds
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:40 am Isn’t part of the prob with ivermectin that folks are taking veterinary size doses?

Is there any approved human use?

I don’t think? They had a thing on NPR about yesterday and they said the company who makes it is telling humans NOT to consume their product…how often does that happen?
Ivermectin is used in humans to treat lice, I believe. My understanding is that the issue is people taking horse dosages out of ignorance.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

no one should assume that all physicians are equal...you’ve got D- MDs and A+ MDs, and also some that are always trying to improve and those that settled on the info they had when they graduated med school

there are physicians that still think fasciotomy is a good idea

that some are prescribing ivermectin means jack shit as far as it’s efficacy against covid is concerned
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/04/health/u ... index.html

So...explain the push for booster shots

Explain Israel

So much conflicting information
Just Ledoux it
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:28 am
PhDhawk wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:45 pm https://www.insider.com/oklahomas-emerg ... tin-2021-9

Oklahoma's ERs are so backed up with people overdosing on ivermectin that gunshot victims are having to wait to be treated, a doctor says
Crazy.

Also crazy that 88k prescriptions for the human version have been filled. That must mean a lot of doctors think this works?
My college roommate is a family practice physician, and he has told me more than once that it is common practice to prescribe a low dose of something if a patient is demanding it, assuming that it won't make things any worse.

People get it in their heads that they need something - anything to protect their lives, and appeasing them with a low dose of Ivermectin, even if it doesn't help with COVID, might make them feel more relaxed and in control. Plus, if they have any lice problems, you get that under control in the process.

And, yes, I know, the vaccine is the logical/scientifically-proven way to do that, but you can't always fix stupid.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TDub wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:13 am https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/04/health/u ... index.html

So...explain the push for booster shots

Explain Israel

So much conflicting information
I think they're anticipating that mutations are going to eventually render the current vaccines useless and are trying to push back the rush for boosters until they have a better idea of what that is going to look like. It's a giant cluster hump, but government officials are terrified of just admitting "We don't know how to fix this. Many of you are going to get sick and some of you are going to die no matter how we respond." We'd have mass hysteria on our hands on an unprecendented level.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Vaccine efficacy appears to wane a tad. Best to get boosters on such a lethal disease for the unvaccinated. Get vaccinated. Stay vaccinated and support ongoing improvements to the mRNA vaccine.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Sparko wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:59 am Vaccine efficacy appears to wane a tad. Best to get boosters on such a lethal disease for the unvaccinated. Get vaccinated. Stay vaccinated and support ongoing improvements to the mRNA vaccine.
So...you didnt read the article. You just spouting what your fed. How MAGA of you.
Just Ledoux it
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TDub wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:43 pm
Sparko wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:59 am Vaccine efficacy appears to wane a tad. Best to get boosters on such a lethal disease for the unvaccinated. Get vaccinated. Stay vaccinated and support ongoing improvements to the mRNA vaccine.
So...you didnt read the article. You just spouting what your fed. How MAGA of you.
Yeah, the stuff I’ve read today trends a bit grim compared to the vaccine-as-panacea trope from earlier in the year.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:45 am
PhDhawk wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:45 pm https://www.insider.com/oklahomas-emerg ... tin-2021-9

Oklahoma's ERs are so backed up with people overdosing on ivermectin that gunshot victims are having to wait to be treated, a doctor says
Crazy.

Also crazy that 88k prescriptions for the human version have been filled. That must mean a lot of doctors think this works?
My college roommate is a family practice physician, and he has told me more than once that it is common practice to prescribe a low dose of something if a patient is demanding it, assuming that it won't make things any worse.

People get it in their heads that they need something - anything to protect their lives, and appeasing them with a low dose of Ivermectin, even if it doesn't help with COVID, might make them feel more relaxed and in control. Plus, if they have any lice problems, you get that under control in the process.

And, yes, I know, the vaccine is the logical/scientifically-proven way to do that, but you can't always fix stupid.
The ivermectin treatment for lice is a topical cream, not a pill.

https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a613011.html

But I was assured that the number of people using ivermectin to treat covid was very small and nothing to worry about so the reports of emergency rooms filled with people who have ingested too much of it must be fake news designed to slander this amazing treatment.

</sarcasm>
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:46 pm
JKLivin wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:45 am

Crazy.

The ivermectin treatment for lice is a topical cream, not a pill.

https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a613011.html

But I was assured that the number of people using ivermectin to treat covid was very small and nothing to worry about so the reports of emergency rooms filled with people who have ingested too much of it must be fake news designed to slander this amazing treatment.

</sarcasm>
Meh. People will do what makes sense to them. I got vaccinated in April, and I’ll get the booster when it is offered. Until then, I’ll live my life and let others do the same.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

TraditionKU wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:03 am no one should assume that all physicians are equal...you’ve got D- MDs and A+ MDs, and also some that are always trying to improve and those that settled on the info they had when they graduated med school

there are physicians that still think fasciotomy is a good idea

that some are prescribing ivermectin means jack shit as far as it’s efficacy against covid is concerned
It’s one of the side effects of direct-to-consumer TV advertising that don’t tell on tv - “ask your doctor about…..”
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

https://nhssequoyah.com/

Wheres that fact checker when ya need him. More conflicting information.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

Hmmmm. Very strange but of course it's a legitimate coincidence that on September 11th in Los Angles the De La Hoya fight was to take place at the Staples Center and Joe Rogan was supposed to "perform" at the Forum. Both contracted Covid - bad. Meanwhile, Rogan hasn't been cancelled. Yet.
What upsets me is there were several other fights on the card at the Staples Center and instead of still having them - they are "postponed" according to the Staples Center. WRONG! They were moved to Florida and Tito Ortiz vs. Anderson Silva is/was one of them.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TDub wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:46 pm

https://nhssequoyah.com/

Wheres that fact checker when ya need him. More conflicting information.
But . . . But . . . the oUTrAGe! Red State troglodytes! Orange man bad! Freedom of the press!

Who needs facts when you have science and strong emotions?!?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

hilarious coming from mr. cankles himself
illy wrote:cant make this shit up
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

We call these folks: Grifters

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 902

Post by Deleted User 902 »

Literally in NYC you can get $100 for taking the vax. These people would rather put themselves into a net negative situation of -$300 for beneficial vaccine to....*check notes*...own the libs? Not even sure any more.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦