Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 887

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by Deleted User 887 »

Sparko wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:04 pm Who wouldn't want Garrett in the mix when you have to have a stop? Wingspan, elite speed and athleticism and great in the fast break. Because of his maturity, he'll get some chances to make other guys better. He has deferred shooting when there are reliable points elsewhere. Works hard too. He was a liability when other teams packed in the lane, but he has really improved the mid-range game. The NBA is not college with the packed zones either.
Do you work for One Legacy? :D ;) :shock: :lol: :P :roll:
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Just PR for Indinia
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

https://www.si.com/nba/2021/09/07/paul- ... aily-cover

Moments of Truth: Paul Pierce Reflects on a Hall of Fame Career

...“I was done with them, anyway,” says Pierce between pulls of lemon mint. “It wasn’t a great fit. There’s a lot of stuff over there that you can’t say. And you have to talk about LeBron all the time.”...
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

good article
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Interesting article. I love Paul Pierce, but he was terrible on ESPN in that role. And his takes on LeBron and others were ridiculous at times. I think he tried to argue he was better than Dwayne Wade one night (that didn't go well). Cool to see how close he and KG are, especially their kids being so close. I too hope someday Rondo and KG can forgive Ray Allen. But understand if they won't.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I hope they never forgive ol’ Judas Shuttlesworth
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Deleted User 863

Deleted User 863

Deleted User 887

I can think of 31+ million reasons for him to get vaccinated.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/322 ... lden-state
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:18 am I can think of 31+ million reasons for him to get vaccinated.

ESPN must not have been able to find a white player who isn't getting the jab.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

OK but definitely not this shit on the basketball bored.
Deleted User 887

NotGutterGutter wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:18 am I can think of 31+ million reasons for him to get vaccinated.

Deleted User 887

NotGutterGutter wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:47 pm

No exemption for Maple Jordan.
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/322 ... =133152871
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Real devil’s advocate shit here:

let this be the moment!

Why not?

One way or another let this be the moment Wiggins goes all BUT MAH RIGHTS about his career and rattles off like a decade straight all-star appearances plus some hardware

Or whatever. Come on dude. You’re 6’8 plus wingspan and an absolute freak athlete even by NBA standards. Make a headline for something besides being anti fucking vax.
Deleted User 863

It takes a lot more than wingspan and jumping high and running fast to be an elite NBA player. It takes ball skills and basketball IQ and he isn't elite in either of those categories. I think ball handling and creativity with the ball are big reasons Wiggins and Ben McLemore haven't ended up being better in the NBA. Still time to improve obviously.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I'm unsure why Qusdahl hates Wiggins and Braun so much....and absolute loves releford. (I like releford too but its not as if he was a whole lot more than a glue guy, similar role to Braun really, just with a better surrounding cast where he was asked to do less and could focus on defense and hitting open shots after his teammates broke down the D).

Must be that Wiggins is rich....
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dangit.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:17 pm It takes a lot more than wingspan and jumping high and running fast to be an elite NBA player. It takes ball skills and basketball IQ and he isn't elite in either of those categories. I think ball handling and creativity with the ball are big reasons Wiggins and Ben McLemore haven't ended up being better in the NBA. Still time to improve obviously.
Yeah, he could def develop ball skills and IQ. Butt that’s the thing! He could still develop that shit. But that is the thing! That shit can be developed. He’s already gifted with the shit you can’t develop.

Let’s compare Wiggins to Marcus Garrett. Where would Marcus be if he had Maple’s length and fast twitch? They’re similar long lanky physiques, except wiggs is much bigger and much much quicker. And a much better defender. Wait nm that’s Marcus.

Or shit. Let’s compare Wiggins to Jalen Wilson. They’re both six foot eight. So pretty much the same player, right?

WRONG. Jalen is a much better rebounder. Like so much better.

Why?

Cuz he has that put-mah-nuts-on-yer-forehead-dunk-on-you-just-cuz-I-felt-like-it kind of talent.

wait nm that’s Wiggins!

(I wonder what kinda rebounder Jalen would be if he could jump higher than his own socks?

No, not those socks.)

Wiggins is just so goddamn mother fucking holy shit naturally gifted, but doesn’t seem to wanna prove much with it - beyond some really great third best option.

Fuck the guttermeter, I mean these words to be the fire under that cool Canadian ass.

Hey Andrew! Stop coasting through the literal NBA and start acting like the prototypical superstar everyone else saw in you since you were 12! also get vaxxed.