COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by jfish26 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:26 am
Overlander wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:18 am How exactly does pointing out that a Governor has done a horrendous job of protecting his population from a virus equate to owning the Pubs?

DeSantis is an idiot. If he were a Democrat, he would be no less an idiot.
and it isn’t just him...it’s the floridians as well

and i’ll same the same about the idiots in cali doing stupid shit as well

selfish behavior is apolitical
It can be, sure. But there's not a lot of doubt as to the very political selfish behavior of not getting vaccinated.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:49 am
Overlander wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:18 am How exactly does pointing out that a Governor has done a horrendous job of protecting his population from a virus equate to owning the Pubs?

It can be, sure. But there's not a lot of doubt as to the very political selfish behavior of not getting vaccinated.
i agree, but vaccination is only part of the story
Deleted User 89

ousdahl wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:37 am But aren’t the idiots in Cali trying to recall the governor cuz his public health restrictions were too much?
not quite as simple as that, and at least in part predating covid

https://www.nytimes.com/article/califor ... ewsom.html
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:50 am

100% of dems vaccinated now?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Some would argue that it is not a Governor's job to protect people from anything, but to facilitate an environment where the economy is minimally damaged and people can not only make their own choices but make a living as well. That would be a major difference between Florida and California. Granted, Florida is experiencing a spike, but are California's numbers significantly lower? And does that (somewhat) lower number make up for the economic devastation that Newsome's policies have wrought? Apparently a sizeable number of Californians don't think so.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:51 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:37 am But aren’t the idiots in Cali trying to recall the governor cuz his public health restrictions were too much?

Don't post links with paywalls, please.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
Deleted User 89

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:57 am
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:50 am

100% of dems vaccinated now?
what?

i explicitly said its about more than vaccinations
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

lol

also isn’t there a pretty substantial margin of difference in vaccination rates by political party?
Deleted User 89

JKLivin wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:00 am
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:51 am

Don't post links with paywalls, please.
it didn’t come up behind a paywall for me

... Three sets of critics tried five times to recall Mr. Newsom before the sixth recall petition caught on in 2020. The first two groups were led by unsuccessful Republican candidates for Congress in Southern California, and the first papers were filed three months after Mr. Newsom’s inauguration in 2019.

All three groups were Trumpian conservatives who, at least initially, raised familiar arguments against the governor’s liberal stances on such issues as the death penalty, immigration, gun control and taxes.

The lead proponent of the current recall campaign is Orrin Heatlie, a retired Yolo County sheriff’s sergeant who had handled the social media for one of the earlier failed recall bids. He and his group, the California Patriot Coalition, took issue in particular with the Newsom administration’s resistance to Trump administration crackdowns on undocumented immigrants...

(you also coulda just googled it yourself, if you really cared to know the story)
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:05 am lol

also isn’t there a pretty substantial margin of difference in vaccination rates by political party?
I haven't seen that data because they don't ask for political affiliation at time of vaccination.

Based on the data i have seen, i bet there is a difference, but i doubt it is as "substantial" as some like to make it seem. the vocal anti vaxxers do seem to be republican for the vaccine, so that doesn't help them.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Trying to find more, and more recent info.

But this nbc news poll from a couple weeks ago suggests a 33 point gap.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-t ... s-n1277514
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

You can see pretty clearly that it is split among party lines if you look at the vaccination rates of states and counties that voted for Trump vs. Biden.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/he ... arty-lines

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/the-re ... s-growing/

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/06/0 ... ons-491947

"All but one of the 39 congressional districts where at least 60 percent of residents have received a coronavirus shot are represented by Democrats, according to a Harvard University analysis that presents one of the most detailed looks yet at the partisan split behind the nation’s diverging vaccination drive. By contrast, Republicans represent all but two of the 30 districts where fewer than one-third of residents have received a shot."

Here is that Harvard study: https://geographicinsights.iq.harvard.e ... uscongress
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

sdoyel wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:33 pm
I imagine that if they required proof of vaccination to get into a large event such as a Chiefs game that there would inevitably be numerous aggressive situations between an employee attempting to validate it and a fan who is going to prove that he/she shouldn't be required to provide it.

More fights, more arguments, more arrests. Yuck, just so sick of this all.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Can't wait to see waht this causes some Republicans to do...

https://www.reuters.com/business/health ... 021-08-31/

"Brazilian researchers have found that a molecule in the venom of a type of snake inhibited coronavirus reproduction in monkey cells, a possible first step toward a drug to combat the virus causing COVID-19."
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

sdoyel wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:33 pm
Now that the Afghan War is over I anxiously await the repeal of the patriot act and the restoration of the freedoms we all gave up for the "greater good" in the name of security and the restrictions, limitations and prohibitions be lifted allowing for a return to normal for the citizens.
Just Ledoux it
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Just pass some laws like the Repubs have already done with their Anti-Voting Bills. 🤷‍♂️

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

sdoyel wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:21 pm Just pass some laws like the Repubs have already done with their Anti-Voting Bills. 🤷‍♂️
If I have learned anything from the state of Texas over the last 18 months, it is that voting in the US is a privilege and flying off to Cancun is your right.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:31 pm
sdoyel wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:21 pm Just pass some laws like the Repubs have already done with their Anti-Voting Bills. 🤷‍♂️
If I have learned anything from the state of Texas over the last 18 months, it is that voting in the US is a privilege and flying off to Cancun is your right.