Strikes

Ugh.
Deleted User 89

Re: Strikes

Post by Deleted User 89 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:04 am Is managing/owning a restaurant a "real job" even though you don't cook all the food or wash all the dishes? Yes, of course.

Owning an income producing property is a "real job". Always. Some jobs are harder than others.
false...and that’s a pitiful attempted analogy

i’ve had two landlords that only have a handful of properties, and so have full-time jobs. landlording is a secondary gig for some
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:06 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:04 am Is managing/owning a restaurant a "real job" even though you don't cook all the food or wash all the dishes? Yes, of course.

Owning an income producing property is a "real job". Always. Some jobs are harder than others.
false...and that’s a pitiful attempted analogy

i’ve had two landlords that only have a handful of properties, and so have full-time jobs. landlording is a secondary gig for some
A secondary job is still a job.
Deleted User 863

Not sure how we went from "real job" to full time vs part time or primary vs secondary? Those goal posts moved a mile Trad...just looking to argue?

Just because it isn't 8hr shift work doesn't mean it's not full time....last time i checked you don't clock out from owning an incoming producing property.
Deleted User 89

nobody’s looking to argue but you

you’re painting with an awfully broad brush, as per the norm. i guarantee you my current landlord doesn’t view his owing of the house i live in as a job. he is virtually non-existent. i’ve never met the guy, and my wife has only met him once. he is about as hands-off as a landlord gets (which we prefer)

saying this is his “job” would be like saying being in the national guard is a job because you get together a couple of weeks out of the year

i’m sure my landlord is in the minority, even the extreme minority, but he exists...as do others in a similar situation i’d imagine
Deleted User 863

It's still a job. Some people have many jobs. Some jobs require more time than others. If it makes you money then it's a job in my opinion.

Carry on...
Deleted User 89

i owned farm land in western kansas...it made me money

not a job

but we can agree to disagree
Deleted User 863

Sounds like an easy job to me. The best kinds of jobs.
Deleted User 89

a job, by definition, requires regularity of work
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

My landlord when we were in Connecticut about 25 years ago fit the exact description of Trad’s landlord. The only reason we knew that they existed was because our checks were getting cashed.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:37 am nobody’s looking to argue but you

you’re painting with an awfully broad brush, as per the norm. i guarantee you my current landlord doesn’t view his owing of the house i live in as a job. he is virtually non-existent. i’ve never met the guy, and my wife has only met him once. he is about as hands-off as a landlord gets (which we prefer)

saying this is his “job” would be like saying being in the national guard is a job because you get together a couple of weeks out of the year

i’m sure my landlord is in the minority, even the extreme minority, but he exists...as do others in a similar situation i’d imagine
It is a pretty broad brush....but....its still smaller than Ousdahls smallest brush....
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

It's irrelevant how much or how hard they work imo. They own the property. Buying/owning properties takes work. Maybe not much of it. But it's work. There's risk. There are responsibilities.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Deleted User 89

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I mean, if Biden really heard my radical Qusdahl ass, he would be less about simply asking rich folks to pay more taxes, and more about workers controlling the means of production in the first place. Let’s nip inequality in the bud.

But alas, dood is still a capitalist. He said so in the article and everything.

Like the Wolff man says, “Dems’ tax plans are far too little to end grossly unequal US tax system”
Deleted User 863

Confiscation and redistribution, right?
Deleted User 863

Also, in the United States of America many workers do own the means of production.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Also, in the United States of America we’re on the cusp of “factory towns.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... king-class

This isn’t even capitalism any more. It’s feudalism
Deleted User 863

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:37 pm Confiscation and redistribution, right?
No response Qusdahl? 😉
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:46 pm Also, in the United States of America we’re on the cusp of “factory towns.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... king-class

This isn’t even capitalism any more. It’s feudalism
Did you read the article? Wages are rising in many of those places. Some of these factory towns are good things for many workers in areas away from large cities with more opportunities.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah I read the article. It’s highlarious. Like that’s satire right? Pretty sure that’s satire.

Here’s my favorite part:
It starts with making the jobs as high-paying and safe as possible, whether that can be done by running labor markets hot, or perhaps with unionization or the threat of it. If these sorts of jobs get to an average wage of $20 an hour then a household with 1.5 full-time workers in it would make $60,000 a year with benefits
Dunno what “running labor markets hot” means. And unionization LOL that’s a no from Bezos dawg. And if wages might eventually someday some how get to $20 an hour, that’s still shit wages for a company worth $1.7 trillion. And what the fuck is “1.5 full-time workers” supposed to mean?

Either way I dunno if wages rising has anything to do with factory towns.

One thing it’s not super clear about but seems to imply: who owns these new working class apartments and townhomes? It’s the factory, right? That’s why they call it factory towns.

So even though Bezos has a rep as not a good dood to work for, now he wants to be your landlord too.

And haven’t they already tried factory towns before? How’d that go? Why aren’t more still around?

Sorry so many questions. But the one I’ve been leading up to is, why not just pay workers well enough to buy their own homes?