Hot tubs

Coffee talk.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: Hot tubs

Post by Overlander »

When manufacturers stop manufacturing, in the marine and rv fields, banks cease loaning money on them.
Values plummet.

Offers aren't sales, and you are talking about trade numbers....if you get offered too much, you are paying too much for the replacement product
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
shindig

Post by shindig »

Overlander wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:53 pm When manufacturers stop manufacturing, in the marine and rv fields, banks cease loaning money on them.
Values plummet.

Offers aren't sales, and you are talking about trade numbers....if you get offered too much, you are paying too much for the replacement product
When manufacturers stop manufacturing a product, it also makes a product more desirable, especially among collectors and brand fanatics, hence people who “value” a product that is no longer manufactured, will pay more to possess that product. Especially a low used, low hour product (x2).
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

didnt they stop making Airstream for a while? their value held. or maybe they just operated under a different name for a while? or maybe I'm wrong altogether, but I thought they stopped for years and then came back.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Can I ask, regarding hot tub and jet ski numbers, what everyone's count is ( times not diff BUDs )?

Mine is 3.
This is no brag because
A. I have no idea what the average number is and
B. If a higher or lower number than that is something to be "proud" of
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

pdub wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:01 am Can I ask, regarding hot tub and jet ski numbers, what everyone's count is ( times not diff BUDs )?

Mine is 3.
This is no brag because
A. I have no idea what the average number is and
B. If a higher or lower number than that is something to be "proud" of

and it was enough since i was a good roomie and drained, cleaned and disinfected the damn thing afterwards
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

shindig wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:39 pm
Overlander wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:53 pm When manufacturers stop manufacturing, in the marine and rv fields, banks cease loaning money on them.
Values plummet.

When manufacturers stop manufacturing a product, it also makes a product more desirable, especially among brand fanatics
End of list
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy