Strikes

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Strikes

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:13 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:37 pm Confiscation and redistribution, right?
No response Qusdahl? 😉
Sorry, didn’t know I was supposed to respond.

…yes?

Some sort of “redistribution” is necessary, cuz bear in mind, one could just as easily argue that wealth was “confiscated” from their labor value all along.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Who says "they" (whoever you're talking about in this scenario) don't pay the workers well enough to buy their own home?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:08 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:13 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:37 pm Confiscation and redistribution, right?
No response Qusdahl? 😉
Sorry, didn’t know I was supposed to respond.

…yes?

Some sort of “redistribution” is necessary, cuz bear in mind, one could just as easily argue that wealth was “confiscated” from their labor value all along.
You realize that 99% of businesses in our country are small businesses right? Workers owning the means of production. They're not confiscating wealth from anyone.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Did you take any steps to progress toward your goals Qus? Or just gonna sit and bitch while waiting for Robin Hood to come along and hand you a bag of cash and keys to your new home...which is exactly the same as your neighbors and everyone else in towns.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ok I swear I want this thread to go away too.

But come on this one’s funny.

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ill take that as a no.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ok have it your way.

The southwest MI news has an awful lot of coverage right now about “worker shortage” “staff shortage” “labor shortage” etc

Bull. Shit.

It’s a fucking wage shortage.

You pay enough and they’ll work, you free market pussies.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Still a no?
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

A no to what?

Also can I mention that I really don’t want this thread or the boreds as a whole to be so contentious?

except the QT thread
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Also the MI teevee also has all these political commercials about how the “Washington liberals” want to gut yall’s retirement plans as some power grab, except in MI it’s not “yall” so much as it’s some upper Midwest vowel-rich “yooou”

Like Soulja boy but more nasally
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

He isn't wrong
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

"Did you take any steps to progress toward your goals Qus? Or just gonna sit and bitch while waiting for Robin Hood to come along and hand you a bag of cash"
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TDub wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:04 pm "Did you take any steps to progress toward your goals Qus? Or just gonna sit and bitch while waiting for Robin Hood to come along and hand you a bag of cash"
You are way past your invitation on this line.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Overlander wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:03 pm He isn't wrong
Which he?

CoyDC?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:06 pm
Overlander wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:03 pm He isn't wrong
Which he?

CoyDC?
You
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

glad you’re just here to help.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:47 pm
The southwest MI news has an awful lot of coverage right now about “worker shortage” “staff shortage” “labor shortage” etc

Bull. Shit.

i don't know what it is, but it certainly ain't an imbecile shortage. going through the drive-thru it's about 66/33 they get my order right. how hard is it to look at the big screen and put the food in a bag. and get it right.

i wouldn't increase the wage. i'd decrease it. go back to minimum. go back to hiring the high school kids.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Mich, how hard would you work for $9 an hour?

Especially when every one in 3 customers is being an asshole to you about their order
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:53 am
ousdahl wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:47 pm

Bull. Shit.

i don't know what it is, but it certainly ain't an imbecile shortage. going through the drive-thru it's about 66/33 they get my order right. how hard is it to look at the big screen and put the food in a bag. and get it right.

i wouldn't increase the wage. i'd decrease it. go back to minimum. go back to hiring the high school kids.
"66/33". What about the missing 1%? Would you say it leans towards their getting your order right or wrong?
Instead of my getting mad (which I admit I have done too often) I try and remember these people are trying to make an honest LOW wage legally. I give them credit for doing as such - as annoying and aggravating as it may be when they often screw up my order. To me, "imbecile" or not, many if not most of these people deserve to be paid more than they are.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

show us that you can get the order right, and we'll get you that raise.