Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:27 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:17 pm It takes a lot more than wingspan and jumping high and running fast to be an elite NBA player. It takes ball skills and basketball IQ and he isn't elite in either of those categories. I think ball handling and creativity with the ball are big reasons Wiggins and Ben McLemore haven't ended up being better in the NBA. Still time to improve obviously.
Yeah, he could def develop ball skills and IQ. Butt that’s the thing! He could still develop that shit. But that is the thing! That shit can be developed. He’s already gifted with the shit you can’t develop.

Let’s compare Wiggins to Marcus Garrett. Where would Marcus be if he had Maple’s length and fast twitch? They’re similar long lanky physiques, except wiggs is much bigger and much much quicker. And a much better defender. Wait nm that’s Marcus.

Or shit. Let’s compare Wiggins to Jalen Wilson. They’re both six foot eight. So pretty much the same player, right?

WRONG. Jalen is a much better rebounder. Like so much better.

Why?

Cuz he has that put-mah-nuts-on-yer-forehead-dunk-on-you-just-cuz-I-felt-like-it kind of talent.

wait nm that’s Wiggins!

(I wonder what kinda rebounder Jalen would be if he could jump higher than his own socks?

No, not those socks.)

Wiggins is just so goddamn mother fucking holy shit naturally gifted, but doesn’t seem to wanna prove much with it - beyond some really great third best option.

Fuck the guttermeter, I mean these words to be the fire under that cool Canadian’s ass.

Hey Andrew! Stop coasting through the literal NBA and start acting like the prototypical superstar everyone else saw in you since you were 12! also get vaxxed.
Jalen is not a better rebounder than Wiggins. Jalen played on a much different team than Wiggins. Lets just stop with the silliness. Wiggins is significantly better than Jalen at pretty much everything. That's why he was a #1 pick after 1 year and Jalen has already been in college for 2 years and still isn't looked at as even a lotto pick.

Wiggins is probably also a better defender than MG. Again, MG was fantastic against other teams players when he played small ball 4....wiggins guards guys like LeBron James. They're both good defenders. These are silly comparisons.

Ball skills and basketball IQ can be developed to an extent. But some of it comes naturally as well and can't be developed. Especially the creativity aspect. Wiggins isn't the problem. Over hype and unrealistic expectations were the problem. He's having a good NBA career.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ok fine then fuck creativity just get a fucking jumper and be a serviceable 2nd fiddle or something.

But come on the point is there.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I had no idea Jalen played in the NBA, thats news
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:38 pm Ok fine then fuck creativity just get a fucking jumper and be a serviceable 2nd fiddle or something.

But come on the point is there.
He shot 38% from 3 last year. Is that bad?
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

NYC is the right place for Selden. The dude has the good looks and fashion sense to make a name there.
Deleted User 887

Sparko wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:17 am NYC is the right place for Selden. The dude has the good looks and fashion sense to make a name there.
I'll play my role of bubble burster.
Five things.
1. It's a non-guaranteed training camp deal.
2. The Knicks already have 14 players with guaranteed contracts. Now with Selden they have 6 more who don't have guaranteed contracts.
3. Selden averaged 6.7 points in six games for the Knicks in the Summer league. That's 6.7 points more than you and I.
4. Odds are against him making the team.
5. If he somehow makes the roster, he's hardly the only good looking guy with fashion sense in NYC.

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

hate to say it but I doubt selden sticks in NY
Deleted User 887

Joel was great with the media today and that should be noted but this made me laugh.

Deleted User 863

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

what a weird photo shoot. is he taking a shit?
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Speed of the game and chaos caused by it are what the NBA is about. Wiggins has trouble leading and that defect has hindered his star turn. Graham does not. Another reason I love BIFM if given a real shot at PT. You have to take charge and make quick decisions. McClellan vs Grant thing.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

D'Tae is going to score a lot of points and have a lot of good games, especially early on, for NOP this season.

We might be seeing his ceiling, though. Still probably worth buying NBA League Pass to see it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Will be tough to balance watching Vonte with also having to watch Zion - but i'll manage.
Deleted User 887

Minus Vonte', I would rather watch paint dry than watch the long billed/beaked birds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

What's wrong with watching Zion Williamson, other than the trouble his recruitment caused KU and the fact that he went to Duke?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, that drama has largely passed for me.

(Though I would still be absolutely giddy if the ncaa handed dook a long and severe NOA about all that, not that I’m holding my breath)

My biggest hesitation with Zion now is durability. He’s an exceptional athlete who can be a lot of fun to watch, though if and when I do watch, I WOULD be holding my breath like every time he jumped.
Deleted User 887

twocoach wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:06 pm What's wrong with watching Zion Williamson, other than the trouble his recruitment caused KU and the fact that he went to Duke?
Nothing "wrong". He simply doesn't interest me. Especially when he's not playing due to injury.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Just for the sake of good juju, lemme say I hope he has a long healthy career.

Particularly if he and Graham form a winning nucleus and accumulate some hardware together, a few years from now he could be among all our faves.
Deleted User 887

ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:24 pm Just for the sake of good juju, lemme say I hope he has a long healthy career.

Particularly if he and Graham form a winning nucleus and accumulate some hardware together, a few years from now he could be among all our faves.
I was told by a Manger at Nike that people were "investing" in Zion products such as his first "signature" shoe. I laughed. What else what I supposed to do?