Coffee talk.
TDub
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by TDub »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:23 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:34 pm
sdoyel wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:15 pm
Fucking brainwashed cult members. The craziest part is that their cult leaders have convinced them that everyone else are the brainwashed cult members.
It's gross.

The whole, "just let people make their own decision" line that they keep reciting is pretty clearly bullshit.
well....I say that.

but, I dont say it as bullshit.

I also think people should get vaccinated. I just dont think forcing it or use it as a bludgeon to threaten employment is the right approach.
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:43 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:37 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:26 pm 0.0014% of people bitten by venomous snakes in the US die (about 7 in 5,000)

i guarantee randy would want antivenom
So sad, you living your life permanently indoors out of fear of a 7/5000 outcome.
randy did say earlier in this thread that there's no difference between 1% and 0.01%.

(He literally did say this, that's not actually a joke).
There is less than a 1% difference between the two. A really insignifant percentage. If you could understand perspectives you'd realize that a pretty pointless statistical difference

(Incoming argument about how when that percentage is applied to the billions the numbers add up. No shit, but still an insignificant proportion)
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:39 pm it’s funny, the same general position randy and sQuirt take...that it’s everyone else that lacks the ability to think logically or be “free thinkers”

i also particularly got a chuckle out of the new stance that the vaxxed and those following WHO and CDC guidelines are now the selfish ones

hilarity
One side just wants to be left alone and one side is trying to force their will on others. You tell me which group is the extremists and are acting selfish
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:01 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:43 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:37 pm

So sad, you living your life permanently indoors out of fear of a 7/5000 outcome.
randy did say earlier in this thread that there's no difference between 1% and 0.01%.

(He literally did say this, that's not actually a joke).
There is less than a 1% difference between the two. A really insignifant percentage. If you could understand perspectives you'd realize that a pretty pointless statistical difference

(Incoming argument about how when that percentage is applied to the billions the numbers add up. No shit, but still an insignificant proportion)
Lol

See. I didn't make it up.

He's that dumb.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

University Of Minnesota Researchers Find Those Who’ve Had COVID Get Huge Immunity Boost From Vaccine

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/10/ ... ity-boost/
“Many of them probably don’t need that second shot, but we found about 25% of them did benefit,” Jenkins said. “And because there are so few side effects, why not get that.”

As for those who had COVID-19 and think natural immunity is enough, he says to think again.

“You might not be fine … and this is going to be a serious insurance policy to give you solid protection,” he said. “Get vaccinated, whether you’ve had the prior infection or not.”

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:03 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:39 pm it’s funny, the same general position randy and sQuirt take...that it’s everyone else that lacks the ability to think logically or be “free thinkers”

i also particularly got a chuckle out of the new stance that the vaxxed and those following WHO and CDC guidelines are now the selfish ones

hilarity
One side just wants to be left alone and one side is trying to force their will on others. You tell me which group is the extremists and are acting selfish
watch doyel's tweet.

sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

I am not seeing pro vaxers and pro maskers taking to the streets, you?
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

sdoyel wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:15 pm
Fucking brainwashed cult members. The craziest part is that their cult leaders have convinced them that everyone else are the brainwashed cult members.
It's gross.

The whole, "just let people make their own decision" line that they keep reciting is pretty clearly bullshit.
The vast majority of their excuses seem to be bullshit. The "my body, my choice" isn't how they actually feel; it's just an lame ass attempt to own libs on their abortion stance. They seem to think it's witty and bulletproof but when they fly in the face of it at every chance they just prove how hollow full of shit they are.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

hilarity
That lady doesn't seem content to just being left alone. Rather, she seems to be trying to force her will on the other woman who was just walking her kid to school.

Once again, your statement on it's own sounds great but in reality it is completely full of shit.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:58 pm

It's gross.

well....I say that.

but, I dont say it as bullshit.

I also think people should get vaccinated. I just dont think forcing it or use it as a bludgeon to threaten employment is the right approach.
This whole effort started out with giving people a choice and it became woefully clear that not enough people were making the right choice from a public health perspective. Those wrong choices were either going to be remedied by another full scale lockdown or a stronger push to get people vaccinated.

It's like dealing with a kid. First you ask them to do what you need them to do. If they ignore you, you ask them in a louder voice. If they continue to ignore you then you threaten to take away something that they value. If at that point they still ignore you then you have no choice but to back up your threat. If you do not then they will know that your threats are meaningless.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:51 am

hilarity
That lady doesn't seem content to just being left alone. Rather, she seems to be trying to force her will on the other woman who was just walking her kid to school.

Once again, your statement on it's own sounds great but in reality it is completely full of shit.
People are getting frustrated and doing stupid shit. Not defending individuals. But she is not the source of the problem. Shes a bad side effect of the shit that has gone too far and for too long
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:49 am

It's gross.

The vast majority of their excuses seem to be bullshit. The "my body, my choice" isn't how they actually feel; it's just an lame ass attempt to own libs on their abortion stance. They seem to think it's witty and bulletproof but when they fly in the face of it at every chance they just prove how hollow full of shit they are.
The "my body my choice" is obviously just a sassy way of pointing out a double standard
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:34 am
It's gross.

The "my body my choice" is obviously just a sassy way of pointing out a double standard
Choosing "smartass" as your response just makes you childish, not sassy and then blaming your childishness on others just doubles down on it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:32 am

People are getting frustrated and doing stupid shit. Not defending individuals. But she is not the source of the problem. Shes a bad side effect of the shit that has gone too far and for too long
That BS is a problem, not the problem. There is no one problem. A freaking mom had to walk her kid to school to defend them from a loon approaching them on the street scaring the shit out of them. How in TF is that message supposed to be taken seriously?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

randylahey wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:32 am

But that’s in direct contradiction to your statement that the side you support leaves people alone. They don’t.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

#sassy.

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:46 am#sassy.
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The little girl looks sassy, but that narwhal actually looks quite pleasant.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:34 am
It's gross.

The "my body my choice" is obviously just trolling
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

hilarity
haha...such a joke

the ones putting their own “feelings” over their neighbors’, families’, and communities’ health and well-being are the selfish ones

still no sources for your absurdities?

have you settled on an opinion about masks yet? or are you still going with whatever sounds most edgy?