Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by ousdahl »

Yeeeeah. Grayson choked lol.

Or should we say, tripped.

Know who didn’t miss in OT?!

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

pdub wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:03 pm Remember when he hit that 3 against Duke?
And then Grayson missed his two three pointers in overtime?
LOL.
That I noticed, lol indeed.

What I hadn't noticed when he was actually here were those screens he was setting to free up Dok for those dunks. Those were pretty solid near the end of that highlight video.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Svi was under appreciated
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Sparko wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:07 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:43 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:34 pm

Wouldn't be shocked if it is actually Och this year.
I would certainly take it.

Issue is that, to this point, Och has shown that he has neither the mentality nor the ability to beat people off the dribble. Remy has shown both.
Hard to argue against that take. Och is super athletic, But something is holding him back a little.
I've been critical of Och in the past, but it honestly feels like he is ready. Athletically he does not belong in college, elite athleticism. He's bulked up, more explosive, he looks like an NBA ready wing. Senior mentality, experience, confidence, his skill has come a long way. I think he is gonna be an absolute killer this year. always aggressively on the attack
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:41 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:36 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:30 pm

But that is completely different from what Self said about the situation.
Self said Dajuan is in a position to compete for the starting spot

that tells me either Remy isn’t as good as some made him out to be (or isn’t quite gelling yet), or that Dajuan progressed markedly from last season...or some combination of those

or, as Ousie pointed out, it’s just coach speak, means jack shit, and is only intended to motivate both players
What he said was that if we had a game that day (it was September), Dajuan would probably start because he has been here for 3 years and isn't currently injured (like Remy was).

People are focusing on the wrong part of his quote.
Remy is the better player, much better scorer. Yesefu probably is too. Self has said Dajuan has improved more than anyone since last year though. With that said I think dajuan plays solid minutes reguardless. probably alongside remy and yesefu at times.

self loves his game. perfect role playing point guard. unselfish, great passer and defender. understands the game and system. He's going to make our team a lot better and make the game easier for everyone
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Hmm. Never tried listening to Mozart backwards.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:42 pm Svi was under appreciated
I think he and Selden (and Releford?) had a pretty similar career arc. In that they were disappointing...until they were everything promised and more.

Just goes to show that things aren't always linear. Withey sucked ass until he was a world-destroyer. McCormack's on a similar path (on one side of the floor anyway).
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:07 am
TDub wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:42 pm Svi was under appreciated
I think he and Selden (and Releford?) had a pretty similar career arc. In that they were disappointing...until they were everything promised and more.

Just goes to show that things aren't always linear. Withey sucked ass until he was a world-destroyer. McCormack's on a similar path (on one side of the floor anyway).
Lol withey. He looked like he didn't belong at KU. And ended up being the best defensive big ever
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Selden was the most disappointing. He was a burger kid who got overhyped cuz he looked like DWade in his YouTube vids. Somebody started a thread that he’d be a better college player than Wiggins.

Svi was an unknown, but may or may not have lived up to the “Spurs would use their first round pick right now on this 16yo Ukrainian kid” hype.

Releford was a top 100 local kid, but I don’t remember anyone ever really hyping him quite like those other guys. Think he also got hurt his sophomore year when he was otherwise gonna take Face Ass’s starting spot

And Withey was a transfer, so it was already known he wasn’t quite up to D1 speed, but yea that first couple seasons behind Cole and the Morrii and TRob he looked completely lost for a couple first half spot minutes a game.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:34 am Selden was the most disappointing. He was a burger kid who got overhyped cuz he looked like DWade in his YouTube vids. Somebody started a thread that he’d be a better college player than Wiggins.

Svi was an unknown, but may or may not have lived up to the “Spurs would use their first round pick right now on this 16yo Ukrainian kid” hype.

Releford was a top 100 local kid, but I don’t remember anyone ever really hyping him quite like those other guys. Think he also got hurt his sophomore year when he was otherwise gonna take Face Ass’s starting spot

And Withey was a transfer, so it was already known he wasn’t quite up to D1 speed, but yea that first couple seasons behind Cole and the Morrii and TRob he looked completely lost for a couple first half spot minutes a game.
IIRC Rele was a top 10 guy as a sophomore in highschool and then just slowly dropped the next two years.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh right on. I never realized he was ever a top 10 guy.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Mjl wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:45 pm Hmm. Never tried listening to Mozart backwards.
that's gotta lobstawalrus right?
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:40 pm
Mjl wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:45 pm Hmm. Never tried listening to Mozart backwards.
that's gotta lobstawalrus right?
my first thought as well
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Now now, be welcoming, might have just been a lurker who joined to do the KCrim 25
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:34 am Selden was the most disappointing. He was a burger kid who got overhyped cuz he looked like DWade in his YouTube vids. Somebody started a thread that he’d be a better college player than Wiggins.

Spurs using a #1 pick on Svi puts him up in Wiggins territory, and that came from Popovich. Selden being better than Wiggins came from Hunter S. Thompson, and not the real one, the one who posted here. Which one carries more weight?

And, in what world did Svi live up to that hype. I mean, shit you think Wiggins is the biggest failure in the history of the world for being picked #1 and he's averaging 20 points per game in the NBA. Svi was never better than 4th best player on the team in 4 years of college and averages half as many ppg as Wiggins.

Withey transferred from Arizona, not a DII school.

You're all over the place with this stuff and it's almost all based on who you like.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:36 pm Oh right on. I never realized he was ever a top 10 guy.
http://m.kusports.com/news/2006/may/15/ ... hes_allen/

"Releford - the No. 3-ranked player in the class of 2008 according to scout.com"
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Was an early bloomer and well known on the AAU circuits because he played for the 17U team as like a 14 or 15 year old.

Great size and crazy athleticism for age. Then just got stronger, but not taller, and never quite developed the great jump shot.

He's one of the earliest offers I can recall.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Mjl wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:29 pm Now now, be welcoming, might have just been a lurker who joined to do the KCrim 25
lol...we’re just speculating

i’ve yet to bump the conspiracy thread for trazom, so his slate is clean
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

Harris is going to play a lot and I'm going to be mad online about it all year.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

hasbeen wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:21 pm Harris is going to play a lot and I'm going to be mad online about it all year.
Depends on situation, for me. If Yesufu isn't very good, and won't be by year's end, then you have to run Harris out there.